30 lbs GONE by Halloween

Options

Replies

• bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Great job to everyone on keeping it up!!!
  • allnewellie
    Options
    Ok so I have to admit I had kinda forgotten about this challenge until today, I had gotten off track since being sick about mid month July and I am just proud to have complete logging for the last couple days. I guess I will officially weigh in tonight and let you know how I am doing.

welcome back! :flowerforyou:

hope you are feeling better and look forward to hearing how things are going.
  • jacksagod
    jacksagod Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    i'm down to 260 now and maintaining. I can't remember when i posted last. I have had to use my phone until i reach a computer, so sorry for the lag in posting :-(
  • tekavincent
    tekavincent Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Maintained this week.

Challenges - definitely hectic in my life right now and hard to eat on a good schedule. Hoping this changes when school starts Tuesday.

Successes - well, I didn't gain.
  • AshleyLo_44
    AshleyLo_44 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am all for this :)
  • Army_Love89
    Options
    Oh how I would love to lose 30lbs by then! I'll give it my best shot! :)
  • schparks
    schparks Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'd love to lose 10 or 15 by halloween, but then again I jumped in a couple weeks after the original post. :)
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    This week is going a lot better than the last several have. I was doing horrible at logging and watching what I was eating and I ended up gaining about 7lbs total, but that has changed!! I am now down 2lbs of the 7 I gained and I have logged everything the last 3 days at least!! Yay for small victories!!

Challenges this week:
    - The husband has Dr. Pepper nice and cold in the fridge and I am addicted!!!
    - Not having a lot of energy for working out.

Successes:
    - Lost 2lbs!!!!
    - Worked out a little bit everyday, even when I didn't feel like it.
    - Actually logging in.
  • CallMePat
    CallMePat Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Looks like I'm entering this a little late but, I would love to weigh less than 230 by halloween. I need to work hard for that 15-20 pound loss!
  • GetFitGirl29
    Options
    I`m entering in late as well, but I love this challenge, its like a game. I am so in! This game keeps things interesting, and its so motivating.. My weigh ins are on Mondays. After dieting on and off, and constantly failing, I`ve made up my mind to stay on track this time. This is day 4 of dieting for me, and I`ve stayed on track so far. I`m about 185 and my goal weight is 140. After my weigh in, I will post my progress.
  • tekavincent
    Options
    Great view point GetFit! Good luck! and same to all!
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Since I'm a couple of weeks late I'll go for 25
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    3 pounds a week for 10 weeks is tough sledding. Good luck.

bump! yeah.. thats a lot to loose and fast.. too fast maybe...
    i have a goal to hit a certain weight # (for me) by nov 3rd.. and thats 17#'s away.. almost half of the 30# goal that you have for basicaly same date! and im not sure if i'll make it but im motivated!!! (have a mud run i signed up for on nov 3rd.. and been exercising a LOOOOOOOOT
  • ladymax1023
    ladymax1023 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well I see I'm not the only one struggling. So we'll have to see how things go this week. I'm changing things up on my workout schedule. I'm no longer working with the trainer. That's all said and done and I'm now working out on my own. The trainer was more all about "core" strength training then really pushing me to get into shape like I really wanted to. So I'm pulling from past history from over 10 years ago and using some things that she taught me and combining the two to see what happens now. So only time will tell now. I sure hope everyone else is feeling better and good luck to the rest of you. Now let's these pounds disappear!!!!!
  • uidb5259
    uidb5259 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Ok so I am down 7.5 so far. Only 22.5 more to go. Lets do this!
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I injured my lower back working out yesterday, which throws me off on the Body Revolution program. For the 3 day Labor Day weekend, I'm head to LA with my family. I'm going to have to be very careful with my eating since that's what gets me in trouble.
  • allnewellie
    Options
    Well I see I'm not the only one struggling. So we'll have to see how things go this week. I'm changing things up on my workout schedule. I'm no longer working with the trainer. That's all said and done and I'm now working out on my own. The trainer was more all about "core" strength training then really pushing me to get into shape like I really wanted to. So I'm pulling from past history from over 10 years ago and using some things that she taught me and combining the two to see what happens now. So only time will tell now. I sure hope everyone else is feeling better and good luck to the rest of you. Now let's these pounds disappear!!!!!

Glad you know what works for you, and what DOESN'T. Not every trainer is a good fit for that particular point in our life. KUTGW!
  • allnewellie
    Options
    Ok so I am down 7.5 so far. Only 22.5 more to go. Lets do this!

WOW! What a great job! Thank you for sharing and giving us all encouragement!
  • allnewellie
    Options
    It's FRIDAY!!!

So, what are your plans for success this weekend?

I have a birthday party tonight, a benefit/fundraiser tomorrow evening, another birthday party tomorrow night (I'm thinking these were New Year's babies....LOL).

My plan for success is to have an on-plan meal before I leave the house, and I offered to take something to both of the parties, so I KNOW there will be something I can snack on.

What is your biggest tip for surviving parties & get-togethers?

Monday is weigh-in for most of us, so I look forward to hearing all the successes as well as challenges. Have a safe & happy Labor Day weekend!

/ellie
  • tekavincent
    Options
    I just did my Labor Day goal weigh in. I met my 10. Woo Hoo. I lost 2 this last week.

Still a little behind on my Halloween goal, but this was encouraging.

At parties, I tend to get my drink and just sip it till it turns watery. I try to drink a lot of water before going hoping not to be too thirsty. Also, I tend to get small bites of things - just have to remember to track it.

Some days, if I've been good - I choose to make that my borderline or splurge day. I'm learning that if I don't get frustrated with myself, I will be less discouraged and not continue to splurge once I'm home from the party. If I focus on how badly I did, then I tend to give up.