Long Hair, Short Hair

Options

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    On myself I like long hair, I can't pull off the short hair. But there are girls that can pull off short hair, makes me jealous!
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    On me past my shoulders is good. On a guy longer is definitely preferred.
  • SugarNtheRaw
    SugarNtheRaw Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    LONG! It's about 38 inches when perfectly straight, which doesn't happen much cause it's curly. Hubbs loves it, and my friends always play with it.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I have pulled off both short and long. I like long much better. On a man I tend to go for shaved :)
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    I prefer short when I'm thin. As soon as I get close to my GW I'm hacking it off!
  • rotill
    rotill Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    On others - what ever makes them feel comfortable, as long as it looks healthy. I only dislike long, worn hair damaged by too much fuzzing about. If that's what you got, I find that cutting it is the best option.

On me: Short hair. My hair is thick, slick and heavy, and if I let it grow out it becomes totally unmanageable. When it was really long I kept it in a french braid, but it kept slipping out, so I looked like a crazy professor - just with french braid.

Now I have a fantastic hairdresser who gives me haircuts that I style by running my hand through after drying off with a towel. I hide the grey with a colour slightly darker than natural, and go see him when either the grey is too pronounced, or the hair starts demanding something more than the super-minimal styling I go for. While I think long hair is lovely, and I occasionally miss the mid-back length for the sheer sensual feel of hair on skin, I love the way the sharp haircut gives my face shape and distinction.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all the responses, but I always feel compelled to post in the "long or short" threads because I go against type and - while long hair is nice - a woman who can pull off a pixie cut (like, Jamie Lee Curtis, Halle Berry, Emma Watson) is so incredibly sexy in my opinion.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Shaved......

:drinker:
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    I've had a crew cut since just before my first child was born. When I wake up with bed hair, it is time to pull in the string again.
  • Ann1964x
    Options
    I just got 5 inches cut from mine & I hate it.
    I am never going this short again. I hope it grows fast.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I don't think I look very masculine with super short hair, the pink probably helps lol

551608_695534551491_1214706146_n.jpg
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I play change up all the time. I like my hair long and short and somewhere in between. I say cut it and enjoy the short for awhile. I usually cut my hair off short every 2 years at least.
  • DaysFlyBy
    DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I've never had my hair past shoulder length. I have really fine, soft hair and it doesn't do **** when I have it longer. So a pixie cut it is. The bf mentioned me growing it out once, but he can suck it. I think it's cute short.

This is my hair, plus the ends are fried and no amount of conditioner in the world is going to make this mess manageable let alone pretty anymore. I'm just going to cut it all off into a long pixie and if most men hate it then so be it, it'll help me weed out the ones I'm probably going to be incompatible with anyway, lol. :drinker:
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    long, sexy hair~!!

This!
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    My hair was always long when i was younger, then i cut it off at 20. had it short till i was 33 i believe, then grew it out again. My husband loves it, it my signature look. i think at my age, long hair can only be pulled off by a select few (like Demi More) So I like long, although mine is considered extremely long. The fact that people think its fake until they touch it and see its not, is funny too me. but I get complimented alot.:blushing: and told they would kill to have my hair.
  • bigbird1979
    bigbird1979 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I myself look better in short hair. Everyone says I have a small face?! Long hair just drowns me out. So I keep my hair short. Like today I am going to get it cut. It's short but for me it's long. I like it really short. Since being pregnant my face became a little fuller and I didn't go as short but now my face deflated a little so I'm back to my super short do.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I had long hair for a long time. Then I cut it all off and it was super short. I love the convenience of short hair, though longer looks better on me.
  • HollyAus
    HollyAus Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Long! I had just above the shoulder length once and hated it.

I like a little hair pulling too so that plays into it :)
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I like to wear my hair very long. When I was in college I tried it shorter (waist length) with bangs. It was definitely a learning experience. I don't regret it, but don't plan on going that short again. I've also had it all the way to the floor, and didn't like that much either. My personal preference is somewhere right around knee-length. My hair is very straight and naturally oily. Even at its current length I have to be careful not to over-condition it.

On others, it really depends on what suits their personality and features. I definitely think hair is not just about appearances. Part of it is how it feels and how it makes you feel. I think everyone should wear what they enjoy and not feel pressured to conform to anyone else's ideas.
  • LoriBeMe
    LoriBeMe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I like mine short. I see no sense in having long hair if it's always pulled back in a ponytail or bun. I prefer a "style". Many people that I see have long but damaged or frizzy or badly colored hair... yuck!