Any good substitutes for ice cream cravings????

Options

Replies

• KristiBell1
    KristiBell1 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Tofutti cuties are great! I love the wild berry flavor! I am super picky and couldn't tell it was tofu and not ice cream.
  • mehaffeymk
    mehaffeymk Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    If you like bananas, you are going to LOVE this one. Cut up a banana in 2" slices. Freeze in a zip-lock bag. Put in a cuisinart and blend until it balls up and is a creamy texture. You can add 1 Tbs cocoa powder if you like, or I get this stuff called PB2 (peanut butter powder) and put 1 tsp of that in too. It has the same texture as ice cream. You would not know it is NOT ice cream. Delicious. You can try a blender, but my blender does not get it the right consistency. Let me know what you think!

this is my favorite. ^ i just did this one tonight. it's crazy how creamy a banana ends up when it's frozen! so delicious! i use my food processor to get it to the right consistency. sometimes i have to splash in a tiny bit of milk to break up the banana. give it a shot just once!
  • jbootman
    jbootman Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    nutrition and forever eating are important for me,

I have switched to Knutsen Lowfat, Low sodium cottage cheese, but wait, not just plain,

I weigh out 200 g of berries, raspberries or blueberries and sprinkle several pkts of splenda, chill a bit, then pile on the cottage cheese, a container of 2 cups is 320 calories,

sometimes I eat the whole thing, for under 400 calories I really get my creamy sweetness fix,

nutritionally it can serve as my dinner, lots of protein, fiber from the berries, lots of antioxidants,

I am trying to talk myself into smaller portions, but for now in order to feed the volume eater in me I am trying to make better choices,

last month I did get a small container of chocolate ice cream, which meant I did not eat half a gallon, but after eating it I concluded that my cottage cheese and berry alternative was really a good idea, for me
  • saelagirl
    Options
    I found a frozen greek yogourt bar at Costco. Traditions is the brand name and the box came with blueberry and strawberry flavoured bars. They are thick and yummy and I feel like I'm having an actual ice cream treat versus the small-sized ice cream options for low calories. The greek yogourt bars have lower calories than most low-cal ice cream options and are larger in size. They are 2 points using Weight Watchers PPV system.
  • Morgan803
    Morgan803 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Plain nonfat chobani yogurt mixed with sugar free fat free jello powder or mio, freeze it about 2 hours, yummm!
  • Doxies4Me
    Options
    Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom Ice Cream, and various flavors of ice cream bars. My favorite in the vanilla/raspberry swirl. They dip about a third of the bar in chocolate, just enough to satisfy your chocolate craving. Very, very creamy.
  • Lainnee
    Lainnee Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Rayzback
    Rayzback Posts: 73
    Options
    Skinny Cow Ice Cream!!! Mint and Strawberry Sandwhiches (150 cals), Chococlate and Vanilla Truffle IceCream Bar (100 cals), and Fudge Bars (100 cals).... they are pretty good portion sizes too :}
  • emmaonamission
    Options
    Frozen yoghurt, I love it. Especially if you add lots of fruit
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    cut up strawberries (or other fruit) and freeze them, blend it with just a splash of water - makes yummy ice-cream!
  • grniys
    grniys Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Non fat froyo! I get the no sugar added kind and top it with fresh berries. So yummy.
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    my big downfall is ice cream also! I buy slow churned icecream from my local stop & shop ( not sure if you have one in your area) its their own brand its 100cals for 1/2 cup..sooo yummy!
  • patkterry
    Options
    i love ice cream.

I eat churn style ice creams and measure them out, skinny cow indivdual wrapped treats, frozen cool whip with frozen berries. I havent tried frozen yogurts- but im wondering if the "whips" would be good. I love frozen desserts...
  • sharkfrenzy
    Options
    bumpp :)
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I had to completely give up on my ice cream. Seriously when I gave up dairy that was the only thing that made me sad. However I have found if I make an avocado pudding and freeze it, it makes an awesome ice cream.

It has been put on here a few times. But I did a search and it came up with some different variations. So you can take a look and see one for yourself.

Another thing I do is blend up a bunch of ice and fruit and a bit of honey.

I haven't craved it in about 6 months now and I have been to dairy queen and down the ice cream isle. I just make sure if I am in that mode I have a few avocados.
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Frozen cool whip along with strawberries or add chocolate mix to it..
  • krissty69
    Options
    Yes, skinny cow ice cream bars are great!! i don't like ice cream that much but they are really good and fixes the cravings. Also try the weight watchers and shurbet kinds look for fat free and calories... try the real fruit bars also.. hope this helps if you'll like to be a friend of mine let me know i give out great advice
  • redrook29
    Options
    TCBY frozen yogurt, cookies and cream flavor. 130 calories for 1/2 cup, really good! They also have a few more flavors. Found it in the ice cream area at Wal-Mart. :)
  • MissySho
    MissySho Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    ok so this isn't going to give the same consistency as ice cream but i have found frozen honeydew melon chunks help me through my ice cream cravings.
  • kototo
    kototo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Just eat your favorite ice cream. Budget your calories.

I totally agree...