Any good substitutes for ice cream cravings????

Options

Replies

• mokpochica
    mokpochica Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This is a Korean shaved ice dessert that has lots of delicious healthy goodness in it. My kids love it as much as ice cream. You can skip the red beans if they are not your thing, but they really make it even healthier. I make my red beans with stevia. http://www.maangchi.com/recipe/patbingsu
  • Suzeesmu
    Suzeesmu Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    I enjoy Breyers Carb Smart Ice Cream
    [/quote]

Or for a milkshake, I use one of the protein powders (I check for the lowest carb), add a smidgen of cream, water, ice, and blend in the blender. Is big, is about 150 calories, and is good for you! I like to throw in a tablespoon of peanut butter if I can afford the calories - totally yummy!
  • britfout
    britfout Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    plain and simple sex is a good substitute....after a good romp in the hay i no longer want any ice cream.

Yes!
  • WABeachWalker
    WABeachWalker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Not really good substitutes for ice cream, but a friend of mine (one who lost over 100 pounds) used to take her son out to Baskin Robbins about once a month. She would feed him his dinner, but she would skip her dinner so that she could get a single scoop of real ice cream to substitute as her dinner. She said that no food was really off limits, but that she had to plan when she could indulge herself just a little.

I might do something like that when I get closer to goal, but I'm busy enjoying all the yummy fresh fruits and veg right now!
  • BravesMom99
    Options
    YES!
    Chop up a banana and stick it in the freezer for a couple of hours.
    Throw in a blender and TAH-DAH! Banana ice cream.
    It has the same consistency and texture too.

that sounds awesome
  • AmberMichele09
    AmberMichele09 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    try vanilla yogurt and granola cereal added to it
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Just eat it....

I know ppl that have amazing bodies and have 1/2 cup of ice cream EVERY SINGLE day.
  • Elliott49
    Options
    Yes!! Peel some ripe bananas and freeze them. The next day, put them in the food processor, along with some half n half, and it tastes just like real ice cream. Also, sometimes I put a little peanut butter with it. It's really good!
  • xcrushx28
    xcrushx28 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    just make room in your diet for it. blue bunny birthday party ice cream sandwhich = 130 calories of freakin heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^ Love those things!

Also, Edy's makes great 1/2 fat versions of their ice creams. Some of them only 2-2.5g fat per serving..... I usually have 2-5 servings at a time when I'm really craving it.
  • cvitez1
    cvitez1 Posts: 39
    Options
    Oikos frozen Greek yogurt- chocolate!!! I can't get enough of this and it's only 100 calories per serving
  • LiZzie1917
    Options
    Skinny cow taste good but high fructose syrup which unfortunately makes me I'll. :O
  • TXGirl821
    TXGirl821 Posts: 115
    Options
    The Yoplait "Whips" yogurt can be frozen and it tastes like sherbet!
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    If you like bananas, you are going to LOVE this one. Cut up a banana in 2" slices. Freeze in a zip-lock bag. Put in a cuisinart and blend until it balls up and is a creamy texture. You can add 1 Tbs cocoa powder if you like, or I get this stuff called PB2 (peanut butter powder) and put 1 tsp of that in too. It has the same texture as ice cream. You would not know it is NOT ice cream. Delicious. You can try a blender, but my blender does not get it the right consistency. Let me know what you think!
    I do this and I love it! So does my little boy. First, the bananas will be really gritty and be sure to stop regularly to scrap down the sides. The next stage is where the banana mush will go around in a ball. Keep scraping down the sides. Finally, after about 10 to 15 minutes, your banana will be CREAM. Oh, delicious. You can also refreeze the leftovers and eat later for more ice cream. I usually cut four bananas for a batch of ice cream.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Oikos frozen Greek yogurt- chocolate!!! I can't get enough of this and it's only 100 calories per serving
    I'll have to look for this! I love to put small spoonfuls of yogurt on wax paper and freeze. It looks like a huge snack from just one serving!
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Walmart's Great Value brand has several types of ice cream bars (sundae cones, ice cream sandwiches, etc.) that are all 100 calorie snacks. They are just like the "regular" sized versions only about 1/2 the size for half the calories.
  • BARBnKS
    BARBnKS Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Popsicle brand fudge bar so sugar added.....they are only 40 calories!
  • blacklaceroses
    blacklaceroses Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Invest in your own ice cream maker and make your own. Cheaper plus i make tons of protein ice cream with it. I could have not

gotten this far without. I wont even eat store brought stuff now.
  • leighanngates
    leighanngates Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If you like bananas, you are going to LOVE this one. Cut up a banana in 2" slices. Freeze in a zip-lock bag. Put in a cuisinart and blend until it balls up and is a creamy texture. You can add 1 Tbs cocoa powder if you like, or I get this stuff called PB2 (peanut butter powder) and put 1 tsp of that in too. It has the same texture as ice cream. You would not know it is NOT ice cream. Delicious. You can try a blender, but my blender does not get it the right consistency. Let me know what you think!

I am SO going to try this! It sounds great. Can you add other fruit to flavor it too, like strawberry, or does it mess up the texture?
  • Dinah2
    Dinah2 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Do you have a recipe for the protein ice cream?
  • Special2013
    Special2013 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    OMG yes I love choclate ice cream. I tried W.W triple choclate divine choclate @ 110 calories. Hooked. So much so took my kids for Ben and Jerry after shopping today refused to eat any after looking at the calories posted and Knowing the choclate covered ice cream at home I was able to wait and enjoyed once I got home without the guilt.