honest opinions on dress for my hen party!

Options

Replies

• Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    This is very typical for the UK! So i think people saying no to it arent used to the style here- though its very hen style too!! :)
    For those who dont know what a hen party is :

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=hen party&sugexp=chrome,mod=4&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=SU0mUJXlAoKQhQe32oHICA&biw=1304&bih=707&sei=S00mUJKsAq_Z0QWi_4CwCw
  • C00lCountry
    Options
    I am not sure what a hen party is either.

I think the style of dress is nice but not so much on color.
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    LauriesTrying2BeFit Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I love it Hun! Like the shoes too, where did you get it all from?

im in uk dress was from bank and shoes from dune imnot sure what shoes im wearing yet tho :)
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    I don't like it.
    The dress looks like a mullet gone wrong, lol.
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Although people may be right about the colour- Hen parties are all about PINK!! keep it pink!
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    Options
    my hen party theme is pink and gold thats the colour i was told to buy so cant change colour!
  • nickiog
    nickiog Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    a hen party is like the uk version of a bachelorette party...

i like the dress...its pretty and very figure flattering and looks like it would be a great dress for a hen party but i dont like the shoes..i think black or silver peep toes would look better but its still cute either way.
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I think for a Hen party it's great.
    :O)
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but I don't really care for it. It looks cute on top but I just don't like the way it's short in the front. Maybe if it was just a touch longer in front. Just past the knees. And the shoes don't go with it.
  • molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You look amazing but I am not a fan of the colour on you.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Love the dress, love the shoes, don't like them together.

Add a less heavy shoe and some smokey eye-makeup and you're good to go.
  • MinaAriel
    MinaAriel Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    The color is perfect for the hen party! You look awesome! I would get more delicate shoes so the emphasis can be on the dress. You should post a pic of what you decide. Congrats!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I don't know what everyone's on about. Hen party dresses are supposed to be a little louder than the usual dress. Wear it and have a great time. I think you've got a nice figure and you'd probably look good in just about anything, so if you like the dress, wear it and forget about what anyone else thinks.
  • ShaunaLaNee
    ShaunaLaNee Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    The fit is great, you are beautiful, but a shade a blue would look so much better with different shoes:)
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    a hen party is like the uk version of a bachelorette party...

i like the dress...its pretty and very figure flattering and looks like it would be a great dress for a hen party but i dont like the shoes..i think black or silver peep toes would look better but its still cute either way.

Thanks for explaining!

I agree with this then. Since the theme is pink, and this is like a bachelorette party, the dress is perfect. Change the shoes up to something more delicate. Strappy, silver shoes would look great!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I don't love the mullet look in dress form.
  • dizzydi1968
    Options
    It's gorgeous honey, style, colour and fit are all perfect for a hen party.

I love the shoes but not with that dress, maybe something a bit more strappy and delicate??

Have a great night, hen parties are the best :-D
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    Options
    problem i have with shoes is im already tall and if i go for a lower heel the dress is on floor and if i go for a thinner shoes ie not a wedge i cant walk in them lol i find with platforms i need a wedge thats why i went for nude so they wouldnt stand out haha!
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Ok... I understand that you need to keep the dress pink, but I really don't think that very loud in-your-face neon pink looks right on you. Maybe a slightly darker/less bright pink would work better. I also don't particularly admire the style - I live in the UK too and I can't say I've noticed that the back being way longer than the front is a very popular thing in my area, I've always thought it looked a bit ugly...

Another thing to point out. If you are going to disregard our comments and go with the dress anyway, please change the shoes, they do not go at ALL. With such a loud dress you need a very delicate small shoe, with thin straps. Something like this would be better if you have to go with gold: http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx236/scruzwriter/Strappy Heels/GoldWeitzmanDelovelyOver200.jpg
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I love it! Just get some different shoes that are more dainty and you'll be rockin' the hen party!