honest opinions on dress for my hen party!

Options

Replies

• RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    i think the color looks good on you!! I would choose different shoes though
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    I love the cut of the dress! (From UK too) Not keen on the color but you did mention its the color theme for the night. I'd wear some strappy heels instead of those.
  • Rachel_Louise33
    Options
    I really like it. I've got a similar dress by jane Norman that is longer at the back. I think the style really suits your body shape and honestly, if you like it and it makes you feel good, don't worry what others think. You have a lovely shape to your face and it sets the dress off nicely. I say go for it. I like princess style dresses myself though!
  • emjay1971
    Options
    It's pretty and looks nice on you... I'd go with a black shoe, a little more strappy , less bulk. But I love pink and I say stick with it!
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    its my hen party on 8th sept and iv been finding it hard to pick something to wear!
    iv bought this dress but im now not sure about it,

BTW im in uk and this style is very current here

be as honest as possible thanks :)

268640_10152018903290637_229659731_n.jpg
    wrong color shoes for the dress and the cut of the skirt is wrong for you, prolly would complment your legs better if it was just above the knee the whole way around...just remember with clothes just cuz its "in" right now dosent mean it will work for your body type, you got good legs show them off woman!!!!
  • falnangel1205
    Options
    Love the dress, its pretty, and you look good in it, it fits well. ... but agree it looks more like a prom dress. I would go with something even length at bottom but with maybe a slit up the side...maybe a lighter shade of pink or even the teal that was suggested.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Not sure the color is right for you. It washes you out. Definitely not the shoes.
  • moonglo82
    moonglo82 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love the dress! It looks great on you. I would definitely wear different shoes though.
  • trizzell79
    trizzell79 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I think you look very pretty in that dress. I'm glad you are switching shoes. You should post a picture of the new shoes!
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I like the dress but don't think it is as flattering as it would be if it was another inch lower in the front.
    I love the shoes but they are way too clunky for the delicate fabric of the dress.
  • mandydanyele
    Options
    I personally don't like it at all but if you do, then that's what matters!
  • Eisskween
    Eisskween Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I prefer a little below the knee, but I'm old, what the hell do I know. LOL But I agree, a different shoe is in order. :) Maybe something along this line.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdHOd_eqpwD95V1nAUYLlUZr-bp0g13mCdG7cNYFDJxTH2mG69Dw[img][/img]
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Really, if it needs to be pink then work with what you got. Right makeup and some platforms with delicate straps could make it work, those shoes though are a serious distraction, and if you stick with that dress maybe consider some hosiery to even out the leg skin tone so the shortness isn't a distraction
  • lluulluu
    lluulluu Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Love the dress, but the shoes do not go with the dress .
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    It is a pretty dress, but you need a thin strapped silver shoe. My daughter bought some pretty silver strappy shoes with beading on them.
    What is a Hen party? Here in Alabama, it would be a bunch of us getting together with all kinds of snack foods, maybe a movie if we could stop yapping.. and just having a good time laughing and cutting up.
  • sarahelen1
    Options
    I think the dress is LOVELY and fits perfect....No Go on the shoes, the only thing with the dress is the tan lies, could yould tan over them ?
  • hannydee
    hannydee Posts: 246
    Options
    I think it looks great! Totally suitable for the occasion :)

To all Americans confused over the term 'Hen Party' - it's a Bachelorette Party. You know, the night a bride-to-be gets to go out with her friends and act crazy before committing to married life...
  • Frisky_CoastalNative
    Options
    It's perfect, Have fun!!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Love the dress but the shoes are all wrong with it - if you're not able to replace the shoes for the reasons stated above then the dress needs to go, sorry :( Shame because it's lovely! Whatever you wear have a blast!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I don't really like those types of dresses and it looks too teenager for you. The cut on the front is of very little appeal to me. I think you should get another one.