honest opinions on dress for my hen party!

Options

Replies

• xoalyssaox
    xoalyssaox Posts: 320
    Options
    Love the dress, but what in the world is a hen party?
    its my hen party on 8th sept and iv been finding it hard to pick something to wear!
    iv bought this dress but im now not sure about it,

BTW im in uk and this style is very current here

be as honest as possible thanks :)

268640_10152018903290637_229659731_n.jpg
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I like the dress as such and think it's nice for the occasion, especially if pink is a theme. But I think the cut isn't doing you a favor because it makes your hips look so much wider than they probably are. Oh, and I agree that you should wear different choose along with it.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    problem i have with shoes is im already tall and if i go for a lower heel the dress is on floor

But it hits about four inches above your ankle in the back?
  • rinnismom
    rinnismom Posts: 190
    Options
    oh, so it's a bachelorette party? in that case, depending on what you're going to be doing, i'd worry about a nip-pop, but overall, it's pretty perfect for what you're going to do. light and bright for the clubs and dancing. comfy-looking for a long evening with a lot of activity.

though i LOVE those shoes, i'm not sure that they help the dress out. black, clear, sparkly to go with the belt, something daintier... try on what you have.

congratulations!!!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I think the dress and color are pretty but the shoes are to clunky for it. Something more delicate and maybe in a nude color so the dress stands alone.
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    LauriesTrying2BeFit Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    i was holding it up slightly i have some black shoes too so ill wear them they are smaller and sparkly pointed toe
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    if you dont feel as comfortable in it now, then chances are you'll feel paranoid and uncomfortable when your wearing it on the hen night. Find a dress where you feel a million dollars in and you'll feel comfortable in it on the night! :)
    Its a beaut dress though!! :)

this^
  • cherylhome
    Options
    It is a nice dress and the style looks good on you, but you seem to have a lot of pink in your skin tone so I would try another color. Have a wonderful time!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Have to agree different shoes are needed, they're too clumpy for a delicate dress.

PS you don't have to wear something just because it's in trend, wear what flatter you, don't be a slave to fashion.
  • jewelsc1
    jewelsc1 Posts: 26
    Options
    I love it! I think it looks great on you, color and all! Rock it, girl!!
  • kakklespakkle
    kakklespakkle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Dress is LOVELY! (I am in UK). It looks great. Shoes are just ***NO*** lol. Don't worry about being tall - embrace it and wear some gorgeous strappy heels with it. It's the night you should stand out the most so stand tall and wear that dress to hell xxx
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    dress is okay but I agree the teal would look nicer with your tones, the shoes however are a no go. That style needs a strappy delicate shoe. Those look way too clunky.

Have fun at your hen party!!!!!!!
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Perfect for a hen party - I'd suggest small sparkly shoes to go with it. They can be high heeled, so don't have to be any lower than the shoes you've got. Just less clunky.
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Love the dress!! I would wear different shoes though. :)

Agree with above... You've got a great body so you can probably rock anything!!!
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    i was holding it up slightly i have some black shoes too so ill wear them they are smaller and sparkly pointed toe

This will fix it. With a nice makeup (as the hot pink leaves your face features undefined) you'll be gorgeous. Uhmm also (no offense) I know it's a pain to get an even tan but try to cover the tan lines a bit, it will also make a difference :wink:
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    problem i have with shoes is im already tall and if i go for a lower heel the dress is on floor and if i go for a thinner shoes ie not a wedge i cant walk in them lol i find with platforms i need a wedge thats why i went for nude so they wouldnt stand out haha!

Can you have the back taken up slightly in the back so you can go with a different shoe? When I was getting fitted for my formal for our military ball, I knew I'd need a 4 inch heel at least for the length of my dress so I tried on many different styles because I'm no good with heels. haha I had a friend who was also horrible on heels so she had her very long train taken up on her dress so she wouldn't be tripping on it all night. I say look for a delicate shoe you like that will go well with it, and if the dress is too long for the shoe, have it taken up in the back just a smidge. :)
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I love it, and I'm not UK. Perhaps I should be. Haha
    My suggestion is body tape to keep the dress up, too. :-)
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Perfect for a hen night, especially if the them is pink. Go with the other shoes and, most importantly, enjoy yourself! x
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    The colour looks great on you, love the dress down to the knees, I'm not entirely convinced for the longer back, but that could just be the angle of the photo!

At the end of the day if you like it and feel confident in it then it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks!! If you are unsure about it, what don't you like about it?
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    LauriesTrying2BeFit Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    The colour looks great on you, love the dress down to the knees, I'm not entirely convinced for the longer back, but that could just be the angle of the photo!

At the end of the day if you like it and feel confident in it then it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks!! If you are unsure about it, what don't you like about it?

think its the angle cos it looks slightly strange but i had my 4yr old take pic from top of washing machine with fone on self timer haha! i wasnt sure on colour it is bright but not neon pink thats just the flash! iv changed shoes to black ones and im taking them back so youve all saved me £50 thanks!