What is your HONEST reason for losing weight??????

Options

Replies

• patroleumjam
    Options
    be attractive
  • mamadragon
    mamadragon Posts: 110
    Options
    To help with my degenerative osteoarthritis, especially in my knees. I want to be able to run and jump again without pain, let alone walk long walks without my knees swelling up
  • tourettte
    tourettte Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I've written most of the reasons somewhere on the topic - one I've left out is: to finally get my mother to shut up for at least five minutes. She'll find another topic to rant about (marriage, career, children, school) but if I get her to shut up about my weight for five minutes (and weight in general) I'll be family champion and the ruler of the all known universes known as the accomplisher of the impossible things. (family joke)

p.s.
    and i get a girls night out with my brothers secret girlfriend if I make mom get new topics :)
  • niceMarly
    niceMarly Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    honest::
    1. I was told that I would never had my knee replacement surgery if I didn't lose weight, cause I would be unable to do the rehabilitation, and the weight would just undo the repair.
    2. My family doctor told me that I could never lose weight because I have such a poor metabolism, because I do not have a thyroid gland....just want to prove her WRONG!!
    3. To get laid again before I die (now that's honesty!)
  • 1. too kick *kitten* at sports again
    2. be more attractive to the opposite sex
    3. play longer with my nephew
  • tdmaggard
    tdmaggard Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I want to be healthy on the inside & out! I'm tired of not being able to 'keep up' with my friends.....& I've always wanted to run! Now I can!!!!! :)
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    My clothes were getting too tight, and I REFUSED to buy bigger sizes. I really just wanted them to "fit" again, but then it was so easy, that I kept going and now have a whole new wardrobe 4 sizes smaller. Now, that I've exceeded my weightloss goals, I'm working on building muscle to improve my swimsuit body. :wink:
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Not dying of obesity or getting major health issues was number 1

Getting breast implants was a very close second, you need to be fit and healthy to get boobs/surgery. it was a great motivation.
  • iheartredsox80
    iheartredsox80 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I FAILED a gastric bypass, and now am 32 with high blood pressure and weigh as much as I did when I went in for this surgery 6 years ago. Grr!
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I want to be a MILF! LOL! Honest answer right?

Yep...pretty much this!
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I don't want to hate myself every time I look in the mirror anymore. I want to FEEL sexy and attractive. I don't want to be the "fat friend". I want my boys to know that being healthy is extremely important.
  • Shrinking_Stacey
    Options
    Feeling good in my own skin is important to me. Seeing muscle definition when I'm in a bathing suit or naked makes me feel sexy. If you feel good about your body and who you are as a person, NO ONE can bring you down.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Honestly?

I got fat.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I was initially disgusted with myself and had zero energy. Now... I still don't have a ton of energy, but I feel 1000 times better, and I can run distances I'd never imagined. I'm not really "trying" to lose weight... but it's a residual benefit of running lots of miles and doing fantastic workouts in the gym!

Not having a big gut doesn't hurt either, but it's not my main reason. I just want to be able to enjoy being active without injuries and issues, and weighing less helps A LOT! :bigsmile:
  • EvaVas83
    EvaVas83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to be a MILF & Enjoy my clothes also my son
  • b1g_tun4
    b1g_tun4 Posts: 48
    Options
    I have to do it because I love myself. I find all other reasons temporary. I lost a lot of weight because of a break up but gained it back because I lost it for the wrong reasons. To get her back or make her want me back...WRONG REASONS. Any side effects that come from being healthy are just a bonus ie: To Look Hot As Hell, Go Shirtless, Look Good Naked...to name a few off previous posts.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    To fit all the those I own with out feeling self conscious.
    To be able to do a pull up.
    To be able to see the cut on the inside of my thigh instead of squishy fat.
    Not having teeny dimples on my butt.
    Hand stand push ups.

There are lots of reasons. C:
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    To be so hot that that next time I see Nathan Fillion at a con he drops everything and decides to run away with me.

Don't worry, I've cleared this with the hubby, he's okay with it. ;)
  • Linbo93
    Linbo93 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of living life on the sidelines. Its cliche, but for a reason. Also, I've spent my entire life looking around every room I enter confirm if I'm the fattest one. I'd like to walk into rooms with the confidence of one that doesn't need to compare herself to others to decide where she 'ranks.'

There are actually a million reasons, and the more weight I lose the more there are.
  • musiche
    musiche Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hm... Originally, I just wanted to be more fit cuz I was having a hard time at work (landscaping/gardening).

Hit the gym, started losing weight, and I got excited with the results. Then decided that I wanted this guy Dave to want me, who I had a crush on for the last few months and was my friend but not 'interested in that way'. I used his gorgeous face as motivation, lol, omg.

So, I lost 80-something pounds and purposefully didn't see him for 6 months, and when we finally crossed paths... He was definitely interested!! LOL, it was AWESOME. And then I didn't want him cuz I felt like he was superficial *kitten* at the time and I was having way too much fun with life anyway.

Ultimately, I was doing it for me to get the things I wanted in life, but alone the way I realized it wasn't a guy I wanted, it was the option to choose what guy I wanted, lol. And work and everything in life got easier as I got stronger. :) More energy, more fun, more happiness!