What is your HONEST reason for losing weight??????

Options

Replies

• taaaters
    taaaters Posts: 70
    Options
    To finally feel comfortable in my own body and to wear clothes that I actually want to wear, not just whatever will fit! So I can walk out of the house and feel good about myself, rather than dread walking out the door and wishing the pavement would swallow me up.
  • sisterphonetica
    sisterphonetica Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to wear my favourite trousers again! And jeans. I refuse to buy bigger clothes.
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I want to look at myself in the mirror and be proud of how I look. I want to go in a shop and not worry about how stupid I'll look searching for something that fits me. I want to quit having to be so aware of how big I am, of how large my stomach is, of how much my arms jiggle and how much more heavier I am than my husband.

I want to be confident and not worry about people judging me for my size. For people to look at me and see more than a fat girl.

I want to see this through and to quit putting it off and to stop putting on more kilos.

But most of all, I'm doing it because I want to be healthy and I want to have children. I'm already about 40kgs overweight and if I want to have children, there's no way I'll be able to do it safely at this weight.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    To feel comfortable in teeny tiny Goth outfits at the club- and get back into my 20 inch corsets. Its shallow- but it motivates me, so I don't care. This summer it was also to wear denim hotpants. I could have worn them at a UK size12 but I would'nt have felt comfortable - I finally got to a UK size 8 and wore them twice - In public! (we must have had 1 week of summer this year in the UK)
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Sick of being fat and spending a small fortune on horrible clothes - want more choice, instead of what some shops think big women want - flowers and ruffles!!

And I want to have some sort of self confidence
  • Ericgunner
    Ericgunner Posts: 109
    Options
    Easy answer your a long time dead
  • tridiv
    tridiv Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I want try my hand at parkour, which I cant do physically when I weigh 300 odd pounds
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Health pure and simple! But I am enjoying the new clothes, the compliments and the way I feel about myself generally. I still have 15lbs to go but I am pleased at what I have achieved!
  • Kap10
    Kap10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Health have high cholestrol, slight heart murmur and slightly raisede blood pressure, plus my processing of glucose was not right..

Plus I;d quite like to be fanciable
  • WeightHacker
    WeightHacker Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    1. to look cute/sexy
    1a. feel better about myself
    1b. love myself in my own skin
    1c. to finally be in digit one pants
    2. i want to have a bf and not be ashamed of being around him.
    3. i want to be fit and healthy
    4. to not become diabetes
    5. to be able to look in the mirror and say damn girl you looking fine.
  • heartofviolet
    heartofviolet Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Honestly? For myself, and no one else. I want to be confident in myself. I've tried and I've tried and I've TRIED to love myself as I am, as I was--fat. But I can't. I just can't find the confidence. I'm too insecure because I'm so aware of myself. Actually, I'm probably hyperaware of myself. I feel like I'm aware of what I look like--or must look like, to someone else's eyes--at all times and it just makes my confidence plummet. I'm not scared of wearing revealing clothing, but the whole time I am I'll be thinking about what my arms look like when I'm wearing a sleeveless shirt or how my thighs look like from the back when I'm wearing a skirt. It's terrible. I just can't get over my lack of confidence in regards to my body, and I know that losing weight will help me be more confident in myself. Part of it is shallowly, vainly motivated--yes, I want to look good. But I also want to feel good. I feel those two things, looking and feeling good, are inextricably tied together.

And and and, I'm starting uni in September. There is no way in HELL I'm letting myself gain the Freshman 15. Just no way. I want to lose 15 pounds or more, not gain them, as a uni freshman. ;)
  • kaedaza
    kaedaza Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I wanna look hot!
  • luvred51
    luvred51 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    To get off my meds and feel better too.
  • Meagan56
    Options
    To look better and to have more confidence in what I wear, and to get rid of that horrible feeling about not eating the right foods for myself.

私はかっこいいいるよていますよ。☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
  • HeidiSmith419
    HeidiSmith419 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Type 2
  • kmillers
    kmillers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    So that I don't drink ever again...I started this journey after going to jail for a DUI. I drank heavily for several years. I drank to be fun, social, the life of the party. I drank to forget, to remember, to feel sorry for myself, to feel confident... Drinking made me hungry and hung over so I ate and I gained over 60 lbs. I was embarrassed with how fat I was, so I drank to feel better about it. When I woke up in jail for the second time in 3 years, I wanted to die. I knew what my life had become, I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. So I began to work out, really as a punishment for years of neglect. Then after awhile I beganto get all those things out of exercise that I got from drinking and more. I felt good, I wasn't bloated and yellow, I had energy... 60 lbs and a whole new life later I am so full of hope. That is what losing weight and starting this journey has given me- hope.
  • Steinish
    Steinish Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    To be skinny like my sister. People don't believe we're sister's because I'm fat. Time to prove to them that I can do this. Going back to South Africa in a years time and have 65 pounds to lose. I'll do it :D
  • raunds
    raunds Posts: 14
    Options
    My health.

My sister was diagnosed as diabetic and I do not want that to happen to me.
    My grandmother died of heart failure when she was 53
    Both grandmothers were large ladies, as are most of the females in my paternal family.

Vanity.

I want to be able to buy clothes in any store, not to have to worry that they won't have anything in my size.
    I love it when people notice that I've lost weight.

Family

To be able to do longer walks / bike rides with my husband.
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I started dieting the day my wife and I split up, since then, I have fallen off the wagon twice and split up with my wife twice again, I'm currently not really on my diet and not with my wife, I need to stop this cycle.
  • gemmalouise85
    gemmalouise85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    to see the pretty bows i like so much at the top of my pants - only ever seen them before i put them on!