What is your HONEST reason for losing weight??????

Options

Replies

• huttoi
    huttoi Posts: 1
    Options
    because I am a frumpy girl and hate the way I look. sick of it: smile:
  • TheKeithEllis
    TheKeithEllis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    "What is your HONEST reason for losing weight??????"

I've got a 21 month old daughter and another baby due in November - it's simple, I want to be able to run around after them and play, be a healthy dad and instill a healthy lifestyle in them. From a truly selfish perspective though, I want to know what it's like to be slim - I never have been. :O)
  • gemmalouise85
    gemmalouise85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    So that I don't drink ever again...I started this journey after going to jail for a DUI. I drank heavily for several years. I drank to be fun, social, the life of the party. I drank to forget, to remember, to feel sorry for myself, to feel confident... Drinking made me hungry and hung over so I ate and I gained over 60 lbs. I was embarrassed with how fat I was, so I drank to feel better about it. When I woke up in jail for the second time in 3 years, I wanted to die. I knew what my life had become, I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. So I began to work out, really as a punishment for years of neglect. Then after awhile I beganto get all those things out of exercise that I got from drinking and more. I felt good, I wasn't bloated and yellow, I had energy... 60 lbs and a whole new life later I am so full of hope. That is what losing weight and starting this journey has given me- hope.

well done!
    Be very proud of yourself, you've achieved that by yourself!!
    Good luck with future i wish you all the best....
    take care
    xx
  • SabrinaSt
    SabrinaSt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I want to look and feel sexy again. Yup, I'm shallow.
  • SilverOnTheTree
    SilverOnTheTree Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of being the token fat girl at glamour parties! And I want to buy clothes from the normal-people shops during sale season (yup, motivations are shallow AND cheap).

Living longer, being healthier etc are secondary motivations. Or public reasons when people challenge me about "why-don't-you-having-another-xyz-from-the-buffet-table?" (I hate that! And partygoers who press extra alcohol on you in the mistaken belief that you want to "loosen-up-a-bit-go-on-have-fun".) /RANT

ok... :) I'm all good now
  • slimsdown
    slimsdown Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i want to be recognised again as "the skinny blonde" amongst my friends.

im soooo happy everyone is doing it for vanity resons, my bf made me feel guilty when i said it was for my personal satisfaction rather than for my health. poo poo :-(
  • gemmalouise85
    gemmalouise85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    to b honest i've always had - you be soo much prettier if you was slimmer, and you look really pretty to say your a big girl,
    I want be to say ' you look nice' not with the if you was slim at the end.
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    I want to feel fit.
    I want to look in the mirror and enjoy what I see. Hopefully a sexy mum of four. :)
  • babymine55
    babymine55 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    i want to have amazing sex again.
    there i said it!

Rofl...honesty at work!!

....although, without TMI, I can say, it is definitely a worthy goal to work towards. Hubby and I are like newlywed's again. ;)
  • xtinydancerxx
    xtinydancerxx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I want to be skinny. Shrink my stomach, thighs, arms, busy, you name it. It's all I've ever wanted and I might as well do it now while my young person metabolism complies.
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Look healthy in my fifties.
  • 10manda86
    10manda86 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    i sent off an army application... i blitzed the aptitude test and looking down the barrel of Duntroon (Australia's equivalent of West Point).... nothing else in the past has motivated me as much as this opportunity!
  • eeriesilence
    eeriesilence Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I want to be comfortable enough to walk around naked, to pose naked for my artist girlfriend.
    I also wouldn't mind showing off a nice *kitten* in some tight yoga pants. Yoga pants are my motivation. /sigh
  • mzfrizz15
    mzfrizz15 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    1- Tired of being morbidly obese.
    2- Want to buy clothing at regular clothing stores instead of specialty shops.
    3- Want to hurt less. Being fat so long has not been kind to my feet and knees.
    4- Want to actually be "date-able" for once in my life.
    5- Want to avoid diabetes for as long as I can.
  • ANTlSOClAL
    Options
    "I just don't want to jiggle when I brush my teeth." - Kevin James
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I was too poor to buy new clothes, and I couldn't button my pants.
  • bluecat145
    bluecat145 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    1)To look good.
    2)To be able to play sports better.
    3)To be healthier and live longer
    4)Make myself and others proud (especially my dad)
    5)Be confident
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    To live as long as I possibly can. There's no way I could ever envision being an old man in my 80s when I was around 300 pounds. Now down to around 240 and still have a ways to go until I can truly call myself healthy again.
  • futureskinnibitch
    futureskinnibitch Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just want to be skinny. LOL.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I hate my "wobbly bits". I feel uncomfortable if my clothes are the SLIGHTEST bit too tight.

I have more confidence when I am comfortable in my own skin. I've noticed a dramatic improvement in my blood sugars compared to when I am less active.