What is your HONEST reason for losing weight??????

Options

Replies

• fittiefoodiemommy
    fittiefoodiemommy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I wanted to look and feel great! I wanted my children to feel proud of me! I didn't want to be embarrassed to be in family photographs! I wanted to be comfortable in my own skin! I wanted to have the energy to run and chase my kiddies!

Always looking for more MFP friends to encourage & support! Those that will keep me accountable and that I can help keep accountable! Shoot me a friends request with a quick message if that sounds like you!!

xoxo
    Rebekah
  • UsernameisNick
    Options
    Honestly?
    I suppose I'd like to be attractive to girls my age. :laugh:
  • kdhamner
    kdhamner Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I was frustrated with feeling like crap all of the time. At the time I was 36 years old, trapped in a 70+ year olds body! I wanted to live an active life - not one full of aches and pains. I knew it was time to make a change, so I did. I want to live not just be alive.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I used to be really hot, and everyone treated me amazing. Then I dropped out of college, got married, had a kid, and now bank tellers won't even look me in the eye. I realized that I was invisible as a fat person. Horrible, but true. So, I am on my way back to sexypants. I have learned a lot about what it means to have true friends and fair weather friends.
  • GallifreyanGirl396
    GallifreyanGirl396 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I used to be underweight.Now, I'm very overweight. It makes me feel like a failure.
  • sriley7682
    sriley7682 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    To look good, be sexy, live longer. All of that.
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Initially it started because I wanted to look good in my wedding dress in September. I started really focusing on eating/calories/working out in March. But since I started and I actually completed TurboFire, it has become so much more. I mean the standards all apply: I am tired of being overweight, I want to wear cute clothes, I want to look in the mirror and like what I see. But now it's about that and about being able to walk a flight of stairs without being winded, it's about being healthy well into my 50's and 60's, its about accomplishing what I thought was the impossible, it's about finishing what I started, it's about me believing that I can do anything that I put my mind to, it's about leaping when I am afraid I am going to fall. I am losing weight because quite honestly I owe it to myself to be the best version of me that I can possibly be. That means taking care of my body and my mind! That is why I am losing weight.
  • feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    1. I was bored.
    2. I didn't want the doctor to tell me my weight.
    3. Asthma.
  • MissMissle
    MissMissle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm all set with my fupa, and muffin top.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    Options
    I don't feel like I have a reason. Like I kinda do but it keeps changing, and I don't really care if I do or not? But I also just want to get 'er done. Maybe I'm just challenging myself. Seeing if I can get that number?
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    To make weight in a lower weight class for a powerlifting competition last month (which I won). Now my reason for staying lean is to look good at the pool on my vacation.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Avoid diabetes.
  • WisteriaLady
    WisteriaLady Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I avoid weddings etc because there is no way I have the confidence to put my vast bulk into a dress! There is a family wedding next year and I want to go to it!

Also I want to enjoy running about with my kids, go swimming etc - something I wouldnt dare do now!

I went through a health scare and it gave me a wake up call. Ive only been doing it for a week today but im loving every minute of it!!

I also want to get a professional family photo done, right now I prefer to be the one taking the photos!
  • 1fatchicken
    Options
    I don't want to die young like my dad did, and tired of wearing "fat" clothes.

This.
  • clarks_mom
    Options
    Feminine pride .... to resolve something that has been an issue for me my entire life ... to set an example for my son and, finally, to attract a hot man, which, apparently, my current body isn't going to do for me.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    My clothes don't fit and I don't like the way I look.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I want to lose my moobs and girls
  • misscem94
    misscem94 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    To look good in photos/clothes
    To manage my condition
    To not be the fat friend any more
  • Babygurl721
    Babygurl721 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I dont like the way I look and feel in my cloths. I know im gaining cause my feet are starting to swell up in my shoes and my legs hurt from all the weight that Im carry on them. I want to be able to wear my heels again and look sexy for ME!!!
  • swaistle
    swaistle Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    It is for vanity really. So I don't feel and think I look fat. So I can wear all the pretty body-con dresses and assume it'll solve all my self-confidence issues. (Which I know it wont and it's something I'm working on along with losing weight) Also my health I guess, it's not nice knowing I'm classed as obese/overweight cause of my BMI and stuff. It makes life insurance premiums higher too ¬¬