Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What foods do you think made you fat?

Replies

• barbaracoffing
    barbaracoffing Posts: 117 Member
    Ben and Jerry's Heath Toffee Coffee Ice Cream! They should be shot for making that flavor!!! LOL!~
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    Pastas.. cheeses.. creams!! .. anything that contained those things! (YUM!) .. haha.

I'm trying not to eat any of those things any-more.
  • mts3779
    mts3779 Posts: 28 Member
    Mine was beer.
  • tracyt84
    tracyt84 Posts: 15
    all food!!
  • floridaboater
    floridaboater Posts: 20 Member
    Potato chips, fries and regular ice-cream (every night)...if I eat high protein and limit the other stuff I'm good!!
  • Food didn't make me fat. My lack of self control and laziness did. I still eat what I want just in moderation and I started to be more active. I know everyone is different, but I lost 135lbs this way and have kept it off two years so far.
  • denmark979
    denmark979 Posts: 112 Member
    me and the captain would make it happen. cap n crunch cereal.
  • Ouckat2
    Ouckat2 Posts: 23 Member
    Carbs, sugar and salty foods.:cry:
  • cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Portion size did it to me. I still eat bad foods but only in moderation.
  • Susan_Rae_1
    Susan_Rae_1 Posts: 154 Member
    white bread, carby foods, cheese etc, iv cut out white bread and dairy and iv never looked back :0)

Amen! They are so easy to eat when you're hungry -- AND when you're not. Goldfish... crackers, chips... oh and when that's done, how about a little ice cream because you blew it anyway... :)
  • Susan_Rae_1
    Susan_Rae_1 Posts: 154 Member
    me and the captain would make it happen. cap n crunch cereal.

OOOOHHHH Cpt Crunch -- golden crunch sweet corny goodness! ;)
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,722 Member
    Eating out A LOT, energy drinks, Starbucks, etc....

Eating at home I ALWAYS lose weight because I'm in control of portions, what goes into the food, etc.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    tons of coffee creamer in my coffee in the am, spoonfuls of light cream cheese while making dinner, peanut butter straight from the jar.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    I would have to say...cheese burgers, Fries, chips, candy and cakes...
  • JmeJinxx
    JmeJinxx Posts: 210 Member
    snack cakes, poptarts, iced coffee with cream and sugar, chocolate.
    overall portion distortion.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Bananas. Definitely too many bananas.
  • 123Allyxox
    123Allyxox Posts: 112 Member
    Alcohol, taco bell, cheese fries, and CANDY!!! I could eat larfe bags of candy and chocolate and end up eating thousands of calories and not know it.
  • ThisisMiss
    ThisisMiss Posts: 187 Member
    My weakness is pretzels and basically carbs in general.

When I was in high school, they should sell those big soft pretzels at the end of the day for really cheap.. like 5 for $1. I would buy 10 or so and eat most of them on the bus before I even got home. Not everyday, but still. And for lunch in high school, I would eat only a bagel with cream cheese and a large bag of cheetos. It was really awful. My first year in college I was a bit depressed being on my own in a new country and overate on bagel sandwiches and pizza late at night. Top that with lots nights of heavy drinking and and doing some other bad stuff and I am suddenly up 80lbs.
  • Cheese cheese and more cheese.
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    White bread (love it to this day), candy and baked goods. Yum, yum, yum.

Interestingly enough after I joined MFP I learned two things: 1) I have a sugar addiction (yes, I still indulge in Mountain Dew but make sure it fits into my day's calories now) and 2) the doctor was right...it really does make a difference to sit down and focus on eating versus doing something else at the same time. I used to sit and study or do something else at the same time I was eating and never paid attention to how much I ate or what I ate. But now that I'm limited in calories and food intake, I focus on making every bit count.