What foods do you think made you fat?

Options
We all have our favorite foods that we indulge in from time to time. But has there ever been one specific food item or meal that you think you may have overindulged in too much over the years that has caused you to gain too much weight?

For me, it was about 3 specific foods that I can remember: Honey Buns, Pickled Sausages, and Chips. Back when I was 6 or so, and back when a quarter used to get you a bag of chips, I used to eat this crap all the time. Any time I got a little change in my pocket I would run to the store and either get something like 2 bags of chips and a sausage, or a honey bun and 2 bags of chips, or something like that (the theme being as long as it was all under a dollar, you see).

Now that I'm an adult and I know what a "nutrition label" is, I can't believe I used to stuff this trash into my mouth so much (I mean, seriously, a honey bun had like 75% your DV of fat, and a pickled sausage had like 50%, and I was eating like 2 or 3 of these a day!). I think that's where most of my weight came from over my childhood years, that and the rather unhealthy diet my family was used to. Now that I'm an adult, I can't stand to look at those pickled sausages, and I hate honey buns with a passion. I still enjoy a bag of chips every now and then, but it's usually the baked variety, or if it's one of my off-days, a single bag of the regular kind.

So what about you guys, any devil foods that you guys have gotten over, now that you've decided to eat better and get healthier?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as bad food, just people who eat badly!!
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    all of them. I overeat when im upset and tend to lean towards upset quiet often. But if i had to name a few, pizza, french fries, pastas, rice, and for the win a tie btwn ice cream and buffalo wings
  • thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I d say taco bell Mc donalds and soda.
  • XaviAvant
    XaviAvant Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Thank you for your amazingly insightful post but you completely missed the question I was asking.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    chinese food, pizza, booze....
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    It's not the type of food that made me fat. It's the amount.

I've eaten quite bad in the last week, still lost weight because I'm exercising like a crazy person.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I d say taco bell Mc donalds and soda.

This x2 when I'm drunk
  • tourettte
    tourettte Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Pasta. I was a pasta addict. Since I removed it from my menu I feel a lot better. I still eat it from time to time but i avoid eating it more than once in 10 day and small portions.
  • bubmaster
    Options
    cheese/chocolate/cream/and junk food !!
  • katicasi82
    katicasi82 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I got fat from eating big portions of otherwise healthy food!
  • Monnietron
    Monnietron Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    pasta and taco bell. *kitten*.
  • RoseThePenguin
    RoseThePenguin Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I ordered in too many times. I was a lazy student and had the money so I thought, why not?

Of course, I regret it now, but I still enjoy the occasional take-away.
  • roguestates
    Options
    I agree with the poster who said there are no bad foods, though I have eaten more than my fair share of cheetos in the past. Pretty much anything crunchy, salty, and umami-licious had my name on it. I could kill a large bag of doritos or a few pieces of fried chicken in a single day. Never really admitted this to myself before...

edit: forgot a word
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options

That's not accurate. There are plenty of bad foods that have no nutritional value whatsoever. I agree with your assertion, however. People choose to eat them regardless of the health benefits contained within them, and over time become fat.

Fat does not make you fat. It's an excess of carbs / sugar that create excess fat stores in your body when one's lifestyle is sedentary and does not burn those same calories on a regular basis.
  • rachelblair09
    Options
    white bread, carby foods, cheese etc, iv cut out white bread and dairy and iv never looked back :0)
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    pepperoni and cheese and crackers
    Pizza. Mccain thick crust pizza. Just a little under done so that the crust is still soft.
  • tourettte
    tourettte Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am thankful I suck at making Pita. I even refuse my grandma's offer to teach me. If I learn to make potato pita (pie) I'll be the biggest woman in the world :)
  • feast4thebeast
    feast4thebeast Posts: 210 Member
    Options

Don't we know it.
  • nt591
    nt591 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sugary drinks. I could easily take in over a thousand calories in soda back in the day. A Double Gulp of Dr Pepper from 7-Eleven and some junk food as a snack? Delicious but murdered my waistline.
  • AngelUK1985
    AngelUK1985 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    greggs sausage rolls also my mum had a really bad tooth so she used to always be wanting to make and eat cakes so i ended up gaining about 3 and a half stone in total :o