What foods do you think made you fat?

Options

Replies

• TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Anything I put in my mouth because I ate TOO much of everything, healthy and not so healthy foods.
  • misslady72
    misslady72 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    For me, it was candy believe it or not. Just last year, as old as I am lol, I could sit and eat an entire pound of twizzlers or dots or mamba's or starburst lol! Anything chewy or sweet I wanted and I would have in excess. I thought because it was "lowfat" that I could have all I wanted, not realizing that all that sugar was turning into carbs and just getting my weight out of control. I also liked pastries. So I would skip full meals just to eat junk.
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as bad food, just people who eat badly!!

There ARE bad foods. So bad you can feel your arteries clogging just looking at the food. French fries is an example of one of them.
  • XaviAvant
    XaviAvant Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I agree with the poster who said there are no bad foods, though I have eaten more than my fair share of cheetos in the past. Pretty much anything crunchy, salty, and umami-licious had my name on it. I could kill a large bag of doritos or a few pieces of fried chicken in a single day. Never really admitted this to myself before...

edit: forgot a word

That's not true. Potato chips and stuff like that can't be considered bad foods because a single serving of them won't ruin your entire day. I'm talking about foods that have like 90% of your DV of fat of 160%(?) or your DV of cholesterol in a single serving. There's no way that you can eat these kinds of foods, even in moderation, and still have a balanced diet.
  • DanceMom_2
    Options
    French fries are a huge weakness for me! Doesn't matter if they're homemade or from a drive-thru. I just love them! I spent both of my pregnancies filling up on them. It's easier to avoid them now because my 6 yr old learned how bad fast food is for you at the library and swore off fast food; which made my 3 yr old swear it off, too! I refuse to spend money on something they won't eat...so it's working out in all of our favors!
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    candy bars, sodas, protien bars, pizza, and crappy hospital cafeteria food
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Pizza, nachos, chocolate and fruit cake.
  • kphelps1123
    Options
    my downfall was chocolate and macaroni and cheese
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Coke and sandwiches.
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Processed foods, without a doubt.
  • FitzyFitzpatrick
    FitzyFitzpatrick Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Very clearly, 4th grade...back in the day, "Pick-a-balloon Hot Fudge Sundae" at SS Kresgees. They suspended a string above the soda fountain, and you got to pop one balloon upon ordering. That would reveal how much $$ you got discounted from the price of one Sundae. I went almost every single day. Alone. No supervision. Ice cream=comfort food=save $$=thrill.

Portion control was a nemisis too, I spent lots of time alone, if I wanted more, I just ate it, developing really bad habits.

Today, butter and cheese call my name. The last 7 months is just the beginning of my re-programming...I got this.
  • DiannaMoorer
    Options
    My home made bread with butter. I would eat another slice after dinner when dinner was huge! I would also drink too many glasses of wine at night. The calories added up fast!
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Ice cream and butter.
  • Missklara
    Missklara Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Damn coca cola!
  • Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I got fat from eating big portions of otherwise healthy food!

This is the reason why alot of people are here, I remember my Mum giving me huge dinners and I would try eat them but never really finished them it was ok when I was young as I was always active, once I moved out I would eat big meals and not do much then bang your get fat.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    All of them since I just ate out of boredom, but specifically, candy bars and cookies. I love Reese's peanut butter cups and my home-made oatmeal cookies. It's so hard for me to just have one, but I'm getting better at just having one.
  • velsbree
    velsbree Posts: 69
    Options
    to OP I agree there are bad foods, they are foods that do not occur in nature. For me it is not the food but the amount that I ate, and like you crunchy salty items
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I can't blame one thing, but the Whataburger #5 meal did me no favors! I had that once or twice a week! I think I've only had it twice since joining MFP!
  • DiannaMoorer
    Options
    I agree with the poster who said there are no bad foods, though I have eaten more than my fair share of cheetos in the past. Pretty much anything crunchy, salty, and umami-licious had my name on it. I could kill a large bag of doritos or a few pieces of fried chicken in a single day. Never really admitted this to myself before...

edit: forgot a word

That's not true. Potato chips and stuff like that can't be considered bad foods because a single serving of them won't ruin your entire day. I'm talking about foods that have like 90% of your DV of fat of 160%(?) or your DV of cholesterol in a single serving. There's no way that you can eat these kinds of foods, even in moderation, and still have a balanced diet.

I quite agree with you!
  • deekeller
    Options
    Macademia nuts added to the breakfast granola.