What foods do you think made you fat?

Options

Replies

• paine016
    paine016 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Fast food. Though I just tapered off in the past few years, I used to eat it constantly.

Liquid calories: Soda, of course, but mostly creamer for coffee...I mean, I drank it all the time, all day, loaded (like half of the cup) with liquid flavored creamer.
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately for me everything. My bad habits have been to overeat everything, even my veggetables!! I grew up as a heavy kid and was allowed to eat whatever; but tried to lose weight too. So, not just one food for me. Everything in combination.

This is what makes it hard for me still today. I like food!
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me want to eat. Can't read about all the junk food and yummy homemade foods.
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I would have to say... Anything that was fried and greasy! Especially fried chicken and fires. Yummy! Lol
  • mona_patty
    mona_patty Posts: 170
    Options
    for me it was white rice, soda, & McDonalds. I ate more white rice than I ever did when I got married. I would also drink so much regular soda, then turn to diet soda for a few years but now I drink mostly water or teas (unsweetened).
  • ThatGrl32
    Options
    I think the biggest thing that made me gain the most recent 24lbs was a combination of daily hot fires and ginger soda. Probably about half of that was water weight from being so bloated and swollen from the insane amounts of sodium in the hot fires.
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Buffalo chicken wings. Discovered them and ate about 6 each night as a snack. What a huge mistake that was. Had no idea they contained so many calories or so much fat. I gained about 15 pounds in a few months.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Fast food. When I was going to school, I'd eat fast food for lunch and then pick up something on the way home to take to my now-husband-then-fiance for dinner before he left for work. Yep, twice a day for 5 days a week for about a year. That most definitely started a fast food addiction that lasted until about two years ago. Now we eat out once a week but I think I'm going to try to scrap that eventually. It is SUCH a waste of money.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    For me this food would be peanut butter!

Not bad for you at all, but for me I used to just eat huge amounts of it. Now I rarely eat it. I had a peanut butter protein bar recently, it was all right. I didn't lose control or anything LOL.
  • sharondlane
    Options
    I agree! My weakness was Dr Pepper! I completely cut out Dr Pepper for five years. I still believe that was the catalyst to my initial weight loss. I lost 60 pounds 7 years ago and have recently gained back 10 of those 60. Even today, if I try to drink a Dr Pepper, it is TOO sweet! And to think I would drink them all day every day! Wow!
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    all of them.
  • Fitty_Cent
    Fitty_Cent Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    French fries, biscuits, chicken fingers, ice cream, cookies, cakes, muffins, chocolate croissants, candy bars....

Wow, now that I think about it, I really used to have a crappy diet! I still have my off days, but I think I'm getting much much better!
  • Em_runs_away
    Em_runs_away Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Discovering baking, eating lovely warm fresh cake, biscuits, bread etc whilst on Maternity leave.
  • mmaoz
    mmaoz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    No foods make you fat... excess caloric intake does, regardless of the food source.
  • laurenb1994
    laurenb1994 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Pasta & bread.

My main downfall always has been and always will be carbs!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    mine was sweety stuff ie cakes ect and cheese and cr@ppy unhealthy lifestyle! fried foods,chips and not "proper" home cooking! Living on frozen foods basically! :mad:
    The only frozen foods i eat now are veggies and chicken breasts..oh yeh and yorkshire puds!! lol :blushing:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    When I was a teenager and got fat for the first time, it was two things. First, we moved to this wretched state and I got no exercise anymore.

Second, I was off the parental dietary leash. My mother, bless her good intentions, was a bit too strict about what we could and couldn't eat, while allowing us from time to time to have treat foods. So we had a taste for treats but rare access to them, a horrible combination.

Anyway, as soon as I could have all the foods I was forbidden or that were rationed by my parents, I disposed of a ridiculous amount of my first income at the convenience store on giant bags of Doritos, chocolate syrup to go in milk, and well, just about chocolate everything else, plus assorted candies with various dyes and artificial flavoring. I was in pigout heaven and even though I knew that stuff wasn't good for me, it never even occurred to me until I was twenty pounds overweight that it could make me fat.

Every time I've gotten fat since has been on foods like that, and McDonalds. They're high fat, high salt, high sugar, high chocolate foods. It wasn't the taste I was after, because I know enough about how all of our foods are made that eating really grosses me out when I stop to think about it, but the chemical reaction in my (very ADHD) brain always kept me going back for more. I wanted that calm, happy feeling, and those foods always gave me that.

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Mine was typical junk foods and snacks..but most of all Hershys chocolate. I have saved some money as I have to buy it in from the States as I live in the UK :laugh:
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Pasta, take aways and chocolate/sweets - most definitely! I mean, they would be fine in moderation or in small quantities but my problem is that I would never know when to stop and would tons at a time . That is what made me fat, large quantities of unhealthy food.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Mine was typical junk foods and snacks..but most of all Hershys chocolate. I have saved some money as I have to buy it in from the States as I live in the UK :laugh:

Ew, now I wonder what horrible, cancer causing, lethal chemical is in it that makes it so you guys can't buy it in the UK. Do tell!