What is a 'real woman' these days?

Options
124»

Replies

• sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    A real woman knows who she is, and loves herself enough to follow her own path.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

1. One that tells you, as her unborn childs father, that you have no rights over her kid.
    2. After the divorce get the custody of your child , half your money and ignore the kid but still manage to collect child support etc
    3. Wear clothing that could very well be passed off as lingerie but be able to call you a perv for looking at her (unless you're good looking)
    4. Screams equal rights for women all day long, till the restaurant check comes up.
    5. "He's just a friend" she tells the handsome rich fella about the guy who's picking up her tab to the Las Vegas vacation
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

1. One that tells you, as her unborn childs father, that you have no rights over her kid.
    2. After the divorce get the custody of your child , half your money and ignore the kid but still manage to collect child support etc
    3. Wear clothing that could very well be passed off as lingerie but be able to call you a perv for looking at her (unless you're good looking)
    4. Screams equal rights for women all day long, till the restaurant check comes up.
    5. "He's just a friend" she tells the handsome rich fella about the guy who's picking up her tab to the Las Vegas vacation
    LMAO. Oh my lord, I almost peed.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, I am wise
    But it's wisdom born of pain
    Yes, I've paid the price
    But look how much I gained
    If I have to
    I can do anything
    I am strong (strong)
    I am invincible (invincible)
    I am woman.....
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    A real woman defends her man when others criticise, puts on makeup and high heels for not only her man but for herself, holds her own without expecting others to do it for her, raises her kids without complaining, cleans the house after the weekend so it looks as though no one was there, smiles through her pain, always has something to say, and always realizes its better to be absolutly ridiculous then terribly boring. (marylin monroe anyone)

Hmmm...
    I'll defend my man...but if he's being an *kitten*, he's pretty much on his own...sorry :frown:
    I wear high heels for me; not a guy (I like the illusion of height & how they make my legs look, LOL!).
    I do hold my own :)
    I do complain about my kids when they're on my last nerve :frown:
    I keep my house clean enough to be healthy; but it's not pristine :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed:
    I b!tch about my pain sometimes.
    I don't always have something to say; though I think some people I know would beg to differ. :bigsmile:
    I'm usually pretty ridiculous; but I know when to put my serious on.

Now I'm not sure if I'm real or not :huh:
  • rocksyraeis
    Options

I believe thats called a *****.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

I'm afraid this is too general, could you be more specific?
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options

I'm going to go a step further & say that's a C U Next Tuesday...
  • rocksyraeis
    Options
    A real woman defends her man when others criticise, puts on makeup and high heels for not only her man but for herself, holds her own without expecting others to do it for her, raises her kids without complaining, cleans the house after the weekend so it looks as though no one was there, smiles through her pain, always has something to say, and always realizes its better to be absolutly ridiculous then terribly boring. (marylin monroe anyone)

Hmmm...
    I'll defend my man...but if he's being an *kitten*, he's pretty much on his own...sorry :frown:
    I wear high heels for me; not a guy (I like the illusion of height & how they make my legs look, LOL!).
    I do hold my own :)
    I do complain about my kids when they're on my last nerve :frown:
    I keep my house clean enough to be healthy; but it's not pristine :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed:
    I b!tch about my pain sometimes.
    I don't always have something to say; though I think some people I know would beg to differ. :bigsmile:
    I'm usually pretty ridiculous; but I know when to put my serious on.

Now I'm not sure if I'm real or not :huh:

Id say your pretty darn real :D haha
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Yes, this is what a B*** is. Unfortunately nowadays, on the name of feminism, a lot of gold digging girls are calling themselves "real women" and are getting away with it.

In case anyone was wondering what I SERIOUSLY consider a real woman, its somebody who's strong enough to not NEED a man but smart enough to know that good men out there can make life a wonderful experience.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options

Yes, this is what a B*** is. Unfortunately nowadays, on the name of feminism, a lot of gold digging girls are calling themselves "real women" and are getting away with it.

In case anyone was wondering what I SERIOUSLY consider a real woman, its somebody who's strong enough to not NEED a man but smart enough to know that good men out there can make life a wonderful experience.

I totally feel the need to apologize on behalf of my gender...I've known some women like you describe and they really give the rest of us a bad rep. I've also known some unbelievably stupid women who've thrown away some really awesome guys in favor of a total *kitten* who treated them like crap. We're not all crazy b!tches :wink:
  • CassiusKnox
    CassiusKnox Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responces... most of them are great.

I guess my point is that just like EVERY woman is a real woman every man is a real man. Even the ones who find themselves needing to cry... the ones who ask for help and the ones who wear skinny jeans. Every father of a son knows that.

And to all the 'real men' who think otherwise.... you can stick your stereotypes and your 'man cards' up your *kitten*.

*lets see if that doesn't earn me another strike*
  • rocksyraeis
    Options

I guess my point is that just like EVERY woman is a real woman every man is a real man. Even the ones who find themselves needing to cry... the ones who ask for help and the ones who wear skinny jeans. Every father of a son knows that.

And to all the 'real men' who think otherwise.... you can stick your stereotypes and your 'man cards' up your *kitten*.

I believe a real man isnt afraid to cry with you, i believe a real man is smart enough to know when he needs to ask for help, and i believe a real man isnt concerned about such petty boys who want so badly to be treated and known as "real" men they have man cards to stick where the sun dont shine ;p
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Guys, try to keep it a bit clean. Some of the material can be considered offensive.

psuLemon
    Forum Mod
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

I believe a real man isnt afraid to cry with you, i believe a real man is smart enough to know when he needs to ask for help, and i believe a real man isnt concerned about such petty boys who want so badly to be treated and known as "real" men they have man cards to stick where the sun dont shine ;p

She pretty much gets it.

We had this discussion at work Friday. There's another foreman who is a complete *kitten*. Barks orders constantly, yells, belittles whoever is working with him (including me...which is laughable). Friday he explained to one of my guys who called him on it that he's an 'alpha dog' and he 'can't help it'. My friend pointed out the example of his own foreman, and said 'Do you ever see him bark anything? Do you ever see him tell someone to do something? He asks. Quietly. Do you ever see him put someone down? Even today (it was a bad, bad day lol)? Yet people scramble to do the things he wants, just because he wants it. That, is an alpha dog. You, are just an *kitten*'.

I think that about covers it.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

And this my friend...is why we ARE friends.

Seriously, well said.