Stop Using My Towel

Options
TyFit08
TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
This is an endless debate in my home. My husband takes a shower and uses whatever washcloth and towel he sees, which is usually mine. This is so gross to me and I don't share my towels. I don't want to use someone else's towel and I don't want anyone to use mine. I even use two different washcloths when I have my monthly. And I live by a general rule, if it touches my *kitten*, it doesn't touch my face. But he thinks I'm making a big deal out of nothing. I have now started keeping my towel/washcloth in the bedroom since I can't leave it in the bathroom without it being used. There are many towels in the house. There is no reason for him to use mine. How can I make him understand that this really bothers me and he is totally disregarding my feelings when he repeatedly uses my towels.

Replies

• crystaltakingcontrol
    Options
    Use something of his that he does not like to share? Tell him you used his toothbrush and you hope he doenst mind! LOL See how he responds to that!
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    My hubby does the same damn thing! Drives me crazy! Ewwwww, gross!

I resort to putting mine up on the towel bar after using.
  • MeliJean78
    MeliJean78 Posts: 249
    Options
    Your sex life must be downright freaky.
  • TyFit08
    Options
    Your sex life must be downright freaky.
    [/quote

It is great, but freaky doesn't mean unsanitary. For all I know he could have left **** bits on my washcloth. And lets remember ladies would you want to share your washcloth during TOM. He actually used it during that time and I just wanted to throw up at the thought. Its disgusting.
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Sound like you need seperate bathrooms or what the hell, seperate bedrooms. Obviously, he may use your pillow one day and drool on it.
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    haha, I feel you. I hate sharing stuff like that!
  • myth4ever
    myth4ever Posts: 372
    Options
    lol
  • TyFit08
    Options
    Sound like you need seperate bathrooms or what the hell, seperate bedrooms. Obviously, he may use your pillow one day and drool on it.

Why is that stuff like that doesn't bother men. Some men can be so gross. Using someone's towel is like using their toothbrush. But my husband just sees it as I'm making a big deal about nothing and I shouldn't care that he does this over and over again.
  • Heidi64
    Heidi64 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Wow, this was never even questioned in our home, or in my lifetime. We all had our own towel rack and everybody used their own towel. I totally agree with you. I don't think that makes us freaky, just touchy about anything that touches our *kitten* or someone else's and then touching our faces. We just don't want that to happen!
  • LishaCole
    LishaCole Posts: 245
    Options
    This is why my SO and I have designated towels. We each have "bath sheet" sized towels, mine is white, his is grey-blue. All other towels are for guests. I used to have "towel envy" and steal my SO's bath sheet sized towel. He would get grumpy about it (as I have a tendency to leave such items on the floor). So I bought us new better towels, hence no towel envy.

Perhaps you hubby is experiencing the phenomenon known as towel envy? :laugh:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    Get a penised shaped towel........................bet it stops. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • TyFit08
    Options
    where do you get those, might need to invest LOL
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    DON'T TOUCH MY M* F*ING TOWEL!! I really hate it if it is already wet... CAN NOT use a wet towel!!!! I am with you girl!!!!
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    DON'T TOUCH MY M* F*ING TOWEL!! I really hate it if it is already wet... CAN NOT use a wet towel!!!! I am with you girl!!!!

Just get a towel that says. By using this towel you agree to admit you like other men.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Get a penised shaped towel........................bet it stops. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

IDEA Fitness member

BRILLIANT!!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    saw someplace there was a "his" and "hers" towels. Like on the towel it said his and hers separately. You can get that I guess.

As a general rule (sorry for generilizing here) men donot worry much about these things so you might have to just get seperate towels which boldly tell him that its not his and have HIS towels ready so he doesn't hav a reason to use yours
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

^ best post ever.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Get a twilight towel. He will never want to rub Edwards face on his twigs and berries! hahaha.
  • TyFit08
    Options
    Lots of good ideas. I think I may need to go towel shopping.
  • SusieGirlRN
    SusieGirlRN Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Personal preference. It seems to severely irritate you. Without knowing what you have tried to get your husband to stop, it is tough to suggest any options. I would hope that if you sat him down & spoke to him rationally, yet firmly about how serious you are about this & how much anxiety it brings to you that he may think twice about using your towels. He seems to be thinking that it is not a big deal because it is not affecting him in the manner that it is you. Keep in mind, he may just see it as (how can I put this) the two of you share "everything else", so what is the difference - so to speak. I would say let him know it is just one of your "things" & to "please do this one thing for me" because I love you so much & don't want to get mad every time I go to use my towel. This way, he gets to "do something" for you & you get the "desired result" ~ win / win. This seems to be one of those things he can not choose to ignore or you may grow resentful. Good Luck :flowerforyou: