Stop Using My Towel

Options

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    People use the same towel more than once?

eta: without washing it, I mean

^^^ THIS!!!
    Using a towel more than once is pretty gross to me :sick:
  • Aleciajones
    Options
    I think I must be the only one who doesn't care.

Nope, same here. I was like "I...don't see the point here?!" And then I read the whole thread and thought "Okay, I guess I'm gross" because I couldn't relate to anything. Ah well...
    I'm with you two.
  • MsBaby117
    MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My husband does this sometimes and it drives me insane!! His theory is "well you're clean when you get out of the shower so the towel is still clean" ...I think it's GROSS...I just simply remove them and put in new ones whenever he does it...My mother always told me to choose my battles wisely so rather than keep repeating myself I just change the towels and keep it moving...:flowerforyou:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    People use the same towel more than once?

eta: without washing it, I mean

Yes. I dry off and hang it to dry overnight. I was clean when I used it, so I don't see the issue. But I just don't like anyone else using it.

I also don't like to share food with anyone. If someone ate or drank something I won't eat or drink after that person. Not even the boyfriend or my daughter.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options

Nope, same here. I was like "I...don't see the point here?!" And then I read the whole thread and thought "Okay, I guess I'm gross" because I couldn't relate to anything. Ah well...

I don't get it either. Aren't you usually clean when you get out of the shower? So what's the big deal if someones clean balls are on your towel, I mean I'm sure your face has been near his balls before.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I'm with the 'I don't get the issue' contingent, but I do understand about having strong reactions to things other people think are trivial.

Is it possible that he continues to do what he does BECAUSE you continue to make a fuss about it? Some people just like to be perverse that way. I happen to be married to one
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    *snip* I mean I'm sure your face has been near his balls before.

Freaking hilarious :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • hanneberries
    hanneberries Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Lol...I'm with OP..sorry..if hubby decides to use my towel to wipe his *kitten*..I'm sooooooooooooooooooo not going to use it after him....sorry not my thang....that's extremely gross!! I put mine hanging on a door rack in front our bedroom...far far away from the bathroom...ha!!!! so far its worked..too lazy to get it.. hehe:laugh:

But it's not like he's using it to wipe after he's pooped. He's just cleaned himself, and therefore just wiping off water. How is that gross?
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I think you are being picky in a sense of....if he wants to use your dirty washcloth and wet towel who are you to tell him he shouldn't! Apparently he likes rubbing your grime on him, and he likes drying off with a sogging towel. Both equally gross. However, if my husband was doing this, I'd just get new ones and make him do the laundry. His fault/problem. Not mine. You always have fresh towels and washcloths, and he's using a sogging towel and dirty washcloth. :laugh: To each his own.
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Pepper spray your towel and dump some itching powder on it so when he goes to use it he basically rubs pepper spray and itching powder all over him?
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options

I don't get it either. Aren't you usually clean when you get out of the shower? So what's the big deal if someones clean balls are on your towel, I mean I'm sure your face has been near his balls before.

^ nice

Also, I can understand why some think it is gross. But I do not. We use our towels every day for a week, and then I wash both. If we decide that we need to have another towel before that, then toss it into the clothes hamper and pull another one out of the closet. We have at times used the same towel. We are both clean coming out of the shower and there is no part of him that I haven't touched/rubbed/etc . At least this time I know it's clean (haha). We don't use washcloths at all, we just use the same bar of soap. I have even used his toothbrush because mine was still packed from a trip (lazy.... yes). We use the same body hair trimmers/shavers. Regardless of the time of the month (not sure what goes on with everyone else). This is my husband. If he has germs, he probably got them from me. I mean, we kiss with open mouths.
  • whitejessamine
    Options
    In my house, we have color-coded bathroom towels. My teenage daughters and I all have two colors: one for most of the time, and a dark one for TOM. My husband has a different color entirely. He knows only to use the off-white towels. If there aren't any clean, he knows to grab a beach towel and not one of ours off the shelves, because we'll get upset if someone else uses our towels...but I wouldn't know how to convince him to do that if he didn't want to...but maybe if you and your husband agreed all x-colored towels were his to do what he wants with, and the others are yours?
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    After living with 'dirty' boys and a hard working man, I decided 30-some years ago to just wash the towels more often and toss them in the laundry after one use. Why would anyone reuse a washcloth, especially with blood/or not on it anyway. That is gross! . Our local health dept. reccomends not re-using towels or washcloths. Bacterial infections, warts and HPV can be spread by sharing towels. Those are the only few that come to mind but there are more. Editing to add one more.. pinkeye.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options

Same.. we've shared towels and we've also shared toothbrushes. Everyone's different I guess. I'm just not grossed out by sharing stuff. Why get all worked up about it? And hey if you share the same towel, that's less laundry and less water used. :) But I do agree, if it really bothers you that much, either get firm with him and just let him know that this isn't something you are going to just get over. Or stick to what your doing by bringing your towel into your bedroom. That way it isn't in reaching distance when he gets out of the shower.
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I don't mind using my s/o's towel. Or wash cloth for that matter, I wash my face with my hands/facial cleaner. It's not like they are getting out of the shower covered in dirt and all things gross. Your using soap, that puts a stop to some of the bacteria from your butt/cooter. Plus, your using hot water. That helps kill bacteria too. Now I HOPE that your toilet isn't anywhere near your towels, or near your sink, because studies PROVE that the most germs come from your toilet when you flush it, unless you flush it & it's closed and most people flush it open and then put the lid down. And it's not like when tom visits your spewing everywhere that it looks like some psycho has cut you open.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Not an issue in my house because we use a wash cloth and towel once and then toss it in the hamper to get washed. So every time someone goes to take a shower or bath they are using a fresh, clean wash cloth and towel. Just buy lots of wash cloths and towels so you are never short! That way even if you only do laundry once a week you'll have plenty of clean towels for the week. We do each have our own big beach towels, but I wouldn't really care if my husband or kids used mine because it's going to get washed before I use it anyway.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    don`t have this problem because once I`m done with mytowel and wash cloth they go in the wash as do my hubbys. Why would you re-use a wash cloth eeeeww especialy during TOM they go straight to the machine to be cleaned no chance for anyone else to use.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    We just use clean towels after each shower. No sharing that way. Why would you re-use a period washcloth or towel anyway? Uck.
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options

And me....I even share towels with my teenage sons!!!
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    sorry that's just gross. We use the same washcloth to wash our faces in the shower, but no way would i use her towel to dry myself. Would he use your toothbrush??? HMMMM now there's an idea huh? lol

When I stop at my girlfriend's house I use her toothbrush... Don't see the issue

LOL *like this* ^^^

Me and my ex (7 years ago) used to use the same toothbrush sometimes. Now, I'm not so sure. I am a freak about teeth. If he had perfect teeth and floss regularly, sure....maybe here or there bc he needs to.