Stop Using My Towel

Options

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Get a twilight towel. He will never want to rub Edwards face on his twigs and berries! hahaha.

I seriously laughed out loud. If he does want to, then she'll know it's time for separate bedrooms! Sorry, I've never had this issue before. I wouldn't want anyone using my stuff either. Tell him you used his razor to shave your lady parts and see how he likes it.

Edited for spelling. It's late. :smile:
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    This is an endless debate in my home. My husband takes a shower and uses whatever washcloth and towel he sees, which is usually mine. This is so gross to me and I don't share my towels. I don't want to use someone else's towel and I don't want anyone to use mine. I even use two different washcloths when I have my monthly. And I live by a general rule, if it touches my *kitten*, it doesn't touch my face. But he thinks I'm making a big deal out of nothing. I have now started keeping my towel/washcloth in the bedroom since I can't leave it in the bathroom without it being used. There are many towels in the house. There is no reason for him to use mine. How can I make him understand that this really bothers me and he is totally disregarding my feelings when he repeatedly uses my towels.
    Wipe your *kitten* with his toothbrush since it touches his face? To a man you are making a big deal out of nothing but I happen to agree with this, this time.
    I cant even fathom sharing a towel with John Mayer who I happen to like lol. And I never use the same towel twice and when I am home and not on tour I spend a majority of my life washing loads and loads of towels. I just have a thing about once its been used its ready to be washed even though it was clean, and I was clean when I used it. I have OCD or something I don't know, but tell him straight up to keep his hands of your damn or just buy him a few and have them monogrammed or something so he knows whats his and what's yours. Buy him a towel with a hot naked chick on it or a big set of tits Make him happy and get him to stop using your stuff haha.
  • jessgrey2
    jessgrey2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Here's one thing about toothbrushes. You kiss, and perhaps kiss more than lips, and you freak out if he uses your toothbrush? This has never made sense to me. Just saying :)
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Yeah but there is no food stuck in His or My you know what's when we more than kiss lol. The thought of someone using my toothbrush makes me sick to my stomach, but I totally get what you're saying too. My best friend/ex bf used my toothbrush once and I threw it away and I loved the guy like more than anything. I don't know why it was such a big deal but it was and the thought of him using it made me sick haha. For me its the thought of chunks of food or whatever in my toothbrush that makes me sick to my stomach.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I think I must be the only one who doesn't care.
    We use different towels for face and body, but apart from that we don't have his and her towels, they're just "our towels"
    Although during my monthly the towel will go in the wash straight after and doesn't get used again by anyone.

If I were in your situation I would probably use something (or say you used something) of his that you know he'd hate, such as a toothbrush? I'd feel disgusted if someone else used my toothbrush, it would certainly make me listen to them!!
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Wash clothes are single use, then in the basket, I use a hand sized towel if drying my face(usually air dry it, just my preference, less touching my face the better) but i don't really care about towel, it's clean, you're clean, in theory he's clean... We've even used the same towel right after one another after showering together... I don't get the tooth brush thing either... I always rinse my toothbrush out with hot water before brushing so I don't thing I'm going to get anything that I couldn't get from kissing him.

Just outta curiosity, do y'all sleep clothed?

Changing the tune here, if it's really that big of an issue to you, I would recommend sitting down n talking to him and having him pick a color of towel, or just get yourself new towels, if all of your towels and wash clothes are one color(such as pink or purple) he has no excuse such as I didn't know it was yours, and the color might be enough... but regardless how I or any other posters feel about the situation, he should respect how you feel about it. If he just can't get it, consider using a clean towel each time? then there's no wondering, u know it's clean and that he didn't use it.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I have a tub and separate shower, towels hang over the tub on separate racks and his is closer to the shower. I have a loofa, I don't use it on my face an I wash it weekly with the towels. He has no desire to use mine, he doesn't use a wash cloth. I think it's weird, but he just doesn't, and I don't use his soap, and he doesn't like mine.
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I think I must be the only one who doesn't care.

Nope, same here. I was like "I...don't see the point here?!" And then I read the whole thread and thought "Okay, I guess I'm gross" because I couldn't relate to anything. Ah well...
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the Twilight towel, or if you can find a towel with some hot, speedo'ed model printed on it. Also: use his razor. Leave some hair in it. If I recall correctly, most guys I know absolutely hate it when women borrow their razor.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Your sex life must be downright freaky.

"...and then he wanted me to put it in my mouth.....i was almost sick!..."
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    sorry that's just gross. We use the same washcloth to wash our faces in the shower, but no way would i use her towel to dry myself. Would he use your toothbrush??? HMMMM now there's an idea huh? lol
  • Julz2586
    Julz2586 Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I didn't bother reading all the comments but seriously... using a towel that is "yours" seriously? how does that GROSS you out? :\ he just cleaned himself? how can that be gross???

wow... do you think it's gross if he touches you? :\

Im sorry but thats just a bit weird that you think its gross
  • Julz2586
    Options
    sorry that's just gross. We use the same washcloth to wash our faces in the shower, but no way would i use her towel to dry myself. Would he use your toothbrush??? HMMMM now there's an idea huh? lol

how is using something to wash the dirt off not gross but drying a clean body is gross??

using a toothbrush would be like using the same washcloth in shower...
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

When I stop at my girlfriend's house I use her toothbrush... Don't see the issue
  • Julz2586
    Options

When I stop at my girlfriend's house I use her toothbrush... Don't see the issue

LOL *like this* ^^^
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Lol...I'm with OP..sorry..if hubby decides to use my towel to wipe his *kitten*..I'm sooooooooooooooooooo not going to use it after him....sorry not my thang....that's extremely gross!! I put mine hanging on a door rack in front our bedroom...far far away from the bathroom...ha!!!! so far its worked..too lazy to get it.. hehe:laugh:
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    And for the record..I don't mind any other part of the body.......really really does not turn me on....!!
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I can not stand the thought that someone may have dried off their *kitten* crack with my towel. lol
    I use a new towel/cloth every time. Yes more laundry but so be it.
    It wasn't like that until we moved in together, the kids know better than to use my towel lol. Nothing irks me more than reaching for my towel and its damp :grumble:
    I would not use my BF or my kids tooth brush either.....
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    This is an endless debate in my home. My husband takes a shower and uses whatever washcloth and towel he sees, which is usually mine. This is so gross to me and I don't share my towels. I don't want to use someone else's towel and I don't want anyone to use mine. I even use two different washcloths when I have my monthly. And I live by a general rule, if it touches my *kitten*, it doesn't touch my face. But he thinks I'm making a big deal out of nothing. I have now started keeping my towel/washcloth in the bedroom since I can't leave it in the bathroom without it being used. There are many towels in the house. There is no reason for him to use mine. How can I make him understand that this really bothers me and he is totally disregarding my feelings when he repeatedly uses my towels.

OMG! I'm exactly the same way! The boyfriend grabs whichever towel is closest to the shower and we use poufs and he grabs whichever one is on top, so I always have to make sure to put my towel on the outside of the rack and my pouf below his on the spigot. Annoying!

But even worse is when I was in college and I lived with my aunt. Her estranged husband (who is a weird, gross person) still lived in the house and would use my towel. Ick!
  • hanneberries
    hanneberries Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    People use the same towel more than once?

eta: without washing it, I mean