Stop Using My Towel

Options

Replies

• Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    After living with 'dirty' boys and a hard working man, I decided 30-some years ago to just wash the towels more often and toss them in the laundry after one use. Why would anyone reuse a washcloth, especially with blood/or not on it anyway. That is gross! . Our local health dept. reccomends not re-using towels or washcloths. Bacterial infections, warts and HPV can be spread by sharing towels. Those are the only few that come to mind but there are more. Editing to add one more.. pinkeye.

^^this^^

Once you get into the medical field....and have to deal with bodily fluids and such...and have to learn excessive "ew" topics....you will understand where I'm getting at...seriously, gross!! :sick:
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Lol...I'm with OP..sorry..if hubby decides to use my towel to wipe his *kitten*..I'm sooooooooooooooooooo not going to use it after him....sorry not my thang....that's extremely gross!! I put mine hanging on a door rack in front our bedroom...far far away from the bathroom...ha!!!! so far its worked..too lazy to get it.. hehe:laugh:

But it's not like he's using it to wipe after he's pooped. He's just cleaned himself, and therefore just wiping off water. How is that gross?

Its gross if I decide to wipe my hands where his *kitten* was on...or what really bugs the hell outta me..is if I see the kids wipe their face on it after brushing their teeth and such..and he just used the nasty towel..

Sorry, I throw ALL towels in laundry right after letting it hang dry for the day...once used and in it goes to laundry..Hubby gets pissed when I do...oh freakin' hell..does it matter as long as the laundry gets done, especially by me..he just likes to gripe...
    I'm also not into sniffing someones' clean *kitten* crack on my hands...once I wash and dry them...

Do you wash your hands after putting clothes in the washer?

Lol...ur funny!! Depends on what was in there, yes, and with having to cook with food non stop...I think u would want me to, just sayin' :wink:
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    This is an endless debate in my home. My husband takes a shower and uses whatever washcloth and towel he sees, which is usually mine. This is so gross to me and I don't share my towels. I don't want to use someone else's towel and I don't want anyone to use mine. I even use two different washcloths when I have my monthly. And I live by a general rule, if it touches my *kitten*, it doesn't touch my face. But he thinks I'm making a big deal out of nothing. I have now started keeping my towel/washcloth in the bedroom since I can't leave it in the bathroom without it being used. There are many towels in the house. There is no reason for him to use mine. How can I make him understand that this really bothers me and he is totally disregarding my feelings when he repeatedly uses my towels.

Few issues here, if you do not let a towel touch your face after touching your *kitten* after you have finished showing you are doing a horrible job cleaning yourself in the shower, same goes for your husband if he is leaving crap on the towel once he gets out of the shower. I saw another post where you said you would share a tooth brush with your partner, so I'm guessing you have never frenched, shared food, silverware, or had oral sex either? I mean you are really splitting hairs here. Is sharing a toothbrush an ideal situation? No. Should all hell break loose if one of you forget a toothbrush when staying in a hotel or camping? Also no. Toothbrushes are designed to be rinsed clean and this only begins to fail when you don't replace them on a regular basis.
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Pepper spray your towel and dump some itching powder on it so when he goes to use it he basically rubs pepper spray and itching powder all over him?

Are you five?

Sometimes =]
  • sbernardy
    sbernardy Posts: 188
    Options
    I think I must be the only one who doesn't care.

Nope, same here. I was like "I...don't see the point here?!" And then I read the whole thread and thought "Okay, I guess I'm gross" because I couldn't relate to anything. Ah well...

Same.. we've shared towels and we've also shared toothbrushes. Everyone's different I guess. I'm just not grossed out by sharing stuff. Why get all worked up about it? And hey if you share the same towel, that's less laundry and less water used. :) But I do agree, if it really bothers you that much, either get firm with him and just let him know that this isn't something you are going to just get over. Or stick to what your doing by bringing your towel into your bedroom. That way it isn't in reaching distance when he gets out of the shower.

I agree same in my household.. we share...
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    <--- totally gross.

The swapping of spit and bodily fluids between my boyfriend and I isn't limited to the towels. Therefore... doesn't bother me.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Gross. I don't even like someone else's towel touching mine!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Lol...I'm with OP..sorry..if hubby decides to use my towel to wipe his *kitten*..I'm sooooooooooooooooooo not going to use it after him....sorry not my thang....that's extremely gross!! I put mine hanging on a door rack in front our bedroom...far far away from the bathroom...ha!!!! so far its worked..too lazy to get it.. hehe:laugh:

But it's not like he's using it to wipe after he's pooped. He's just cleaned himself, and therefore just wiping off water. How is that gross?

Its gross if I decide to wipe my hands where his *kitten* was on...or what really bugs the hell outta me..is if I see the kids wipe their face on it after brushing their teeth and such..and he just used the nasty towel..

Sorry, I throw ALL towels in laundry right after letting it hang dry for the day...once used and in it goes to laundry..Hubby gets pissed when I do...oh freakin' hell..does it matter as long as the laundry gets done, especially by me..he just likes to gripe...
    I'm also not into sniffing someones' clean *kitten* crack on my hands...once I wash and dry them...

Lol...ur funny!! Depends on what was in there, yes, and with having to cook with food non stop...I think u would want me to, just sayin' :wink:

I'm just pointing out that most people don't think about other things that are semi related. Most women toss dirty, sweaty underwear of their family without a second thought but cringe at the thought of quickly drying their hands on a part of a towel that may or may not have touched their SO's clean bum.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I'm just pointing out that most people don't think about other things that are semi related. Most women toss dirty, sweaty underwear of their family without a second thought but cringe at the thought of quickly drying their hands on a part of a towel that may or may not have touched their SO's clean bum.

I'll dry my hands on it and he on mine. It's the full-body wipe down that bugs me.

And, again, no one has said this is a rational thing. It just is. We all have our quirks. I don't understand the anger in this thread.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I'll dry my hands on it and he on mine. It's the full-body wipe down that bugs me.

And, again, no one has said this is a rational thing. It just is. We all have our quirks. I don't understand the anger in this thread.

Someone else had said they didn't want to dry their hands on the towel. I was just pointing out a similar scenario, no anger here.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Bacterial infections, warts and HPV can be spread by sharing towels.

If you're worried about catching STD's from your husband/wife, I think you have much more serious issues than using a "dirty" towel.

--P
  • rml_16
    Options

Someone else had said they didn't want to dry their hands on the towel. I was just pointing out a similar scenario, no anger here.

Not you specifically, but there have been a few posts that are a little more emotional than I think the subject calls for.

I don't care if other people share towels or that it doesn't bother them. It bothers me. It's silly. I recognize that. But it bothers me. There are things other people do and that bother other people that I find silly and they don't bother me, but I don't get all worked up over it.
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I may have to join the use the washcloth/towel once club. I grew up in a female dominated house where you didn't have to worry about anyone using your washcloth/towel. You get a new washcloth and towel every 3 days or so. When you finish showering, you take soap and wash out your washcloth and hang it up to dry. You never use the washcloth that you use on your body on your face. I do dry off my face with my large towel so I usually dry off my privates with a papertowel. Yes I may sound picky, but I know my husband isn't. He will use whatever washcloth or towel he sees on his face, nuts and *kitten* during and after he's showered. He will use a washcloth or towel that I just used, that is still damp from when I used it. That just grosses me out. And to all those making the sexual references, yes women we put things in our mouth, but we don't lay it against our face. Your face is very sensitive, you shouldn't even touch it with your hands, let alone dingdong residue and sh*tbits.
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options

Not you specifically, but there have been a few posts that are a little more emotional than I think the subject calls for.

I don't care if other people share towels or that it doesn't bother them. It bothers me. It's silly. I recognize that. But it bothers me. There are things other people do and that bother other people that I find silly and they don't bother me, but I don't get all worked up over it.

:) I love quirks. Its what makes us all unique and different.
    Along with my no sharing towels, tooth brushes and face cloths, I like to weird people out with my personal dislike of bar soap...ugh really? you will rub a soap that has been rubbed on somone elses *kitten* crack on your face or body?? (mind you I would never use bar soap on my face but my BF sees no issue with this....:s)
    Just think how one uses the soap and what where you start and where it ends up......:sick:
    We have liquid body wash, face soap and hand soaps.....

<
    Quirky and proud! lol
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    let alone dingdong residue and sh*tbits.

:laugh: that is awesome you just made my day!
    Im using this phrase today as often as possible lol
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    some people's hang ups really make me wonder how they get by on a day to day basis without combusting.

this **** is way beyond me.
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    My husbands penis has been in my mouth, the faq do I care if he uses my towel?

This is what I am thinking.
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    41scr9L19-L._SY300_.jpg
  • rml_16
    Options
    some people's hang ups really make me wonder how they get by on a day to day basis without combusting.

this **** is way beyond me.

Seriously? Not being willing to share a toothbrush or towel makes it questionable how someone can get by day-to-day? Seriously? I can promise, it impedes me in no way.
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    41scr9L19-L._SY300_.jpg

Love It!! I need to buy that