You're a woman, would you become involved..

Replies

• NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    If I was 40 again you can bet I would consider some of those 20'somethings:) LOL!! And it is so true, all we have is today. The way things are going we better enjoy our lives hey:)
    I'm 40 and won't consider dating anyone under 35 but would go as high as early 50s depending on their lifestyle (I have lots of energy lol). Maybe I should open up my mind more to the 20-somethings that ask me out all the time lol
  • mminor77
    mminor77 Posts: 313
    Who cares about the age diff! If you enjoy each others company and there is shared common interests then whats the dilemma? Don't get hung up on the small stuff. Go for it and have fun!
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    It is just a date, not marriage.

Go for it.
  • Hell yeah, go have fun!
  • My aunt's partner is 15 years younger than her and they have been together for nearly 10 years. She was unsure when they met and he pursued her but it's worked out really well and they are super happy together. Give it a go!

Also, my aunt is in her mid 50s.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    yup.. hot. :) LOL

If I'm 60 and a 45 year old guy wants me.. awesome. :) LOL

Right now I'm 30. I rarely ever date younger... my choice would be 34-39 lol
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    This is cool:) but I think it is different for the woman to be the older one. I should say, harder? Don't know what happened to Ashton Kusher and Demi but Goldie and Kurt are still together;)
    My SO is 18 yrs my senior, and I couldn't be happier!! I say go for it - age ain't nothin' but a number! :drinker:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    I personally wouldn't because I'm attracted to older men, but nothing wrong with it!

The only time an age difference starts to creep me out is if the younger party is the same or similar age to the older party's children.

Age is just a number. My step mom is only about 8-9 years older than me and aout 3-4 years older than my oldest brother.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Get him cougar.

Rawr

this. LOL
  • LHG520
    LHG520 Posts: 2
    Go for it!! Obviously you got something going for you if the younger guys are hitting on you. :) Have fun, live it up and enjoy life!
  • If you like him, go out with him!
    I know a married couple with a similar age gap, I think she was 40 when they met though. She told me once, that she had the attitude that she was going to have fun with no expectations, they are one of the happiest couples i know, she is probably just a little younger than you now.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Go for it.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Ohhhhh yes !!!!
  • twonkieone
    twonkieone Posts: 132
    He' a GROWN UP and your a GROWN UP - it's all good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • gjc50
    gjc50 Posts: 35
    totally agree sister!
  • g4genn
    g4genn Posts: 58 Member
    Rule of thumb to see if it's creepy, divide your age by two and add 7. That's the youngest you should date if you don't want to look freaky.

60 /2 =30 30+7=37

You are SO in the clear. You get him you hot tomaly. :)
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    I think he's mature enough not to be taken advantage of... ;-) if you like him, give him a shot.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Don't worry about the age. Do you like him? Do you get along well? Why not give him a try and see how it goes?

Everyone I've ever dated has been younger than me, by as little as 9 months to as much as 7 years, but I'm only 28. :tongue:
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Do you really want to run the risk of looking back a few years down the road and saying ..............that was the one that I COULD have spent the best years of my life with???
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Just as long as he's gainfully employed, and not looking to you for support:wink: