You're a woman, would you become involved..

Replies

• therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    If you enjoy his company then go for it. You're not talking about long term or getting married.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Age means nothing. I like younger guys.
    I would date anyone between 20 and 40.... I'm 35.
  • spiregrain
    spiregrain Posts: 254 Member
    I definitely think it's socially acceptable considering your approximate ages. You might get a couple raised eyebrows here and there, but who doesn't? I dated a guy who was significantly younger for a while (he was 20 I was 25 and at that age that is a lot) and mostly people would just waggle their eyebrows and be like, "hot damn!" I don't think it's a big deal.

If it starts working out and turning into something serious and long term, I would think the biggest hinderance would be differences in where you are each at with your longer term life goals moving forward. It's a big enough age difference where you could be in really different places from one another with that kind of stuff, and would definitely be worth talking about together.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Get him cougar.

Rawr

that
  • sammiliegh
    sammiliegh Posts: 86 Member
    Go for it!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    At a certain point, age becomes just a number. I believe 60 is beyond that point. Maybe once you are both out of the 30s? I say go for it if you are attracted!

Then again, I haven't reached that point. Me dating someone 15 years younger would be highly illegal, and gross. :laugh:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    with a man 15 years younger if you were almost 60? I know this has been asked a million times but you guessed it, I've been asked out by a younger guy. So now, what to do. I feel stupid even considering it so feedback welcome, I can take it. I'd love to know of stories where it's worked out between two people with vast age differences.

denise:drinker: :drinker:

I think if it makes you happy, you should go for it.

I am not 60 yet and a "man" 15 years younger than I am is still kind of a child, so my perspective is not yours. I don't know what *I* would do. However, I have a female friend who's 30 married to a man who is 60 and they don't feel awkward, so why should you?
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    I would totally do it and I wish my mother would. Seriously, at that age you've earned the right to not give a *kitten*.
  • I say go for it! Be adventurous. Shun the non-believers! You might miss out on the best time of your life.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    it all depends on your situation, what you want to get out of the relationship, and your needs. We cannot really tell you what is best for you.

The only instance I have seen of this type of relationship is between my uncle (about 47?) His wife is about 25. One of my uncles daughters from his first marriage is 24. I find it absolutely inappropriate for that reason.
  • Get him cougar.

Rawr
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Yeah, why not.
  • FreshStart89
    FreshStart89 Posts: 297 Member
    Definately go for it! Age doesnt define who you are! Let us know how it goes.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    As long as he is above the age of consent (for me, it's 21 to cover every country's laws), I'd hit it.
  • _EmmaStrong_
    _EmmaStrong_ Posts: 648 Member
    He must think it's okay, if he asked you out! I say go for it. As long as you're not old enough to be his mother, you're not too old!!

Edited to answer your question: Heck, yeah, I would become involved. If he liked me enough to ask me out and I felt we had a lot in common. I wouldn't think twice about it!!
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Yes, whatever works for you. My hubby is 11 years older than me, but we act exactly the same (I'm 34, he's 45). Plus, if you find a guy that is younger than you, you don't have to worry as much about the 'women live longer than guys (typically), and I don't want to lose him first...' Sorry, but I do worry about that with my hubby and I wish we were reversed.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    When you're all grown up, 15 years isn't a significant difference in maturity. If you like him, go for it!
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    My Mom is with a guy who is 12 years younger, she is 52, he is 40. They have been together since he was 23 and she was 35 :)
    Go for it!
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Well, if I were nearly 60, he'd be about 45....so I would hope he'd have his *kitten* together at this point in his life, so yes. I'd probably go for a young stud LOL
    Now if I were 40 and he were 25, no way.
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    A guy I used to date married an ex-stripper that is right around 15 years older than him. Other than the fact that she can't hold a job doing anything but stripping it's worked out pretty well. Personally, I've always been with older men (with the odd exception of this fellow) and I've always been happy and it's worked out really well. I say go for it if you're happy and compatible. You could train him up right too. Yeah, sounds better and better... lol