You're a woman, would you become involved..

Replies

• Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    LOL:) It's tempting!
    Get him cougar.

Rawr

Ditto ... As long as he is legal ;)
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    The acceptable range is half your age plus 7... So says the web comic here: http://xkcd.com/314/

(It's a cute stick figure comic strip that's usually about nerdy things... I found this particular one to be especially cute)

Seriously though, I know of several couples where the woman was significantly older than her husband. Two couples in particular come to mind and they both just celebrated 20+ anniversaries. Go on a few dates. If it works out, great. If not, you went out on a few dates and hopefully had a good time. Besides, the rush of picking out an outfit, etc. is always fun. :D
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    This is cool:) but I think it is different for the woman to be the older one. I should say, harder? Don't know what happened to Ashton Kusher and Demi but Goldie and Kurt are still together;)
    My SO is 18 yrs my senior, and I couldn't be happier!! I say go for it - age ain't nothin' but a number! :drinker:
    Ashton was/is immature; that's why it didn't work out with Demi...

Give the guy a try! If you like him and you both connect and have similar likes/wants, then awesome! If not, one date is just one night :wink:
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Go for it!
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    I think, yes. Go for it!!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    why not? Who really cares ya know? Age is just a number =) I dated someone 6 years younger, 15 older... Doesn't matter to me as long as two people click and are happy! :drinker:
  • AlessisMore
    AlessisMore Posts: 179 Member
    Definitely go for it. Unless he lives with his mother. Then it's "Psycho" creepy.
  • If you were 30 and he was 15 I'd say no, but I think you should say yes and have a great time!

I agree with this.

Yup, I agree too. Go for it!
  • Definitely go for it. Unless he lives with his mother. Then it's "Psycho" creepy.
    Lol. Agree with this. But this post reminded me of a show I saw recently. It was a documentary about a guy who married a woman 30 years older than him. They have now been married for 12 years and are insanely happy. It was so moving, they were so in love. Age doesn't matter. Go for it!!
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    I'm 43 and madly in love with a 24 year old lol. He is way ahead of his time and mature, has a serious and high paying job, he's super bad *kitten* but yet nice as shi* and he's intelligent and acts my age. We are best friends. And if he ever asks me out I will say, "F YES" and just like that. It really depends on the way a person acts and their maturity level. I knows guys my age that act like total tools and then of course there are the awesome ones that act their age. But age is only a number really. If the love is there and you two are learning new things and doing new things being together who cares. "Keep It Legal" is my motto meaning meaning 21 and up lol. I do not make it a habit of dating younger guys and never have but my best friend better watch his *kitten* and he knows it.
  • You look much younger than your age! I would not have guessed you at being close to 60. I would say go for it 100%, but first ask yourself, is he employed? Hopefully he can support himself and is not looking for someone to take care of him, but that goes for any guy, younger or not. Otherwise there is nothing wrong with it. If I were your age, I would be happy to date a younger guy because women usually tend to live longer than men anyway. My husband is only 3 years older than me, but I worry that I will outlive him, that would be so awful! I would be so lost without him, we have been together 20 years. So good luck to you! I hope everything works out for you! I would love to hear updates!
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    GO for it! You only live once, right?
  • newmrsdec10
    newmrsdec10 Posts: 361 Member
    If you were 30 and he was 15 I'd say no, but I think you should say yes and have a great time!

^^^
    This. It's a date, not marriage. DO IT!!!! :happy:
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Ab-so-freakin-lute-ly! Go for it!! :bigsmile:

^^^^THIS^^^^
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    There's a lot of great advice here...when I was single, I dated guys up to 12 years younger than I am, and my husband is 5 years younger. It really is just a number. Go for it!!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Absolutely!! Go for it!

If you were a 60 year old man, you would not think twice about dating a woman of 45 and neither would anyone else.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Its a good thing my wife wasn't closed-minded when we started dating.
    I was 25, she was 42. Hit it off immediately like two peas in a pod.
    I swept her off her feet like her ex-husband never could.

Sept 20 will be our 27th anniversary.

What might you be missing out on if you don't give it a chance?
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Enjoy yourself!! I agree with the if you go on a date and click you go out again.... At least find out if things might work, I'd say. :)
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    I say give him a chance.
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Age is nothing but a number! You go get your man! :wink: