Whats your idea of the perfect body?

Options

Replies

• carpetbagger12000
    carpetbagger12000 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My ideal body is the one I had before I started having babies. If I had it once, I can have it again!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    This will rank pretty high for me

depositphotos_5876027-Beautiful-Asian-Girl-in-a-Bikini-2.jpg
  • melindadunston
    Options
    I totally agree with you. I think that is pretty much the perfect body the only thing I would change is to tone up the arms a little. I am trying to lose weight but I want to keep my curves and still have some meat on my hips for my hubby to grab ahold of...tee hee....lol
  • snowgrrl83
    snowgrrl83 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    The first girl's picture has a NORMAL HEALTHY BMI. The 2 other pictures posted here are girls with BMIs that are UNDERWEIGHT. The last picture (that a guy posted) is BORDERLINE on the healthy/underweight spectrum.
    Its sad to think that you ladies think that the ideal look is underweight :(
    Its even sadder to think that healthy might be considered overweight.
    Media has really messed up our ideas on body image.
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'd be concerned if she is classed as over weight!!

I wish i had her body, then again it is airbrushed to the max!

Haha, yeah. I tried to find a decent non edited photo >.<
    And her size (10US 14AU) is considered plus sized. o.o

Just to clarify, she is only plus size by modeling standards; as she is a plus size model. But obviously size 10 (US) is not "plus size". I remember seeing her on ANTM and wasn't she rocking a bathing suit in the first episode and she looked damn good in it too. I would not be upset at all if I had her figure. But that said, I don't think it is my ideal.
    Hmmm, well I do have Scarlett Johansson on my vision board. I also think Jennifer Anistion has a beautiful body... Kate Beckinsale, Jessica Biel, J.Lo
  • zealousmissjj_wechange
    Options
    59532026294599620_VyP85Q2r_c.jpg

I would love to have her body!
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I think the "bigger" girls (and by "bigger," I just mean curvy and not super-skinny) like in the first post look really nice, but that's not realistic for my body type. At her weight, I would never look like that, because I'm not built like that. I'm never going to be "curvy," and that's ok with me.

For me, the "perfect" body is one that's well taken care of. Right now, I'm smaller than the woman in the first post, but I don't look nearly that good. It's not really about size, or really even just about body fat percentage. It's about distribution. And my body distributes my fat in unfortunate locales. :laugh:
  • worldgirl28
    Options
    This may sound very Girl Scout-y to say but my idea of the perfect body is one that I feel comfortable in and happy with. I tried for a long time to compare myself to various other people but found that I was the only me so my body would only ever look like my body. I'd also say that my perfect body is one that can run a 10k without shutting down. I'm working on it!
  • chivalryder
    Options
    The first girl's picture has a NORMAL HEALTHY BMI. The 2 other pictures posted here are girls with BMIs that are UNDERWEIGHT. The last picture (that a guy posted) is BORDERLINE on the healthy/underweight spectrum.

How can you say that the Asian girl is underweight? Did you look at how wide those hips are and the muscle definition she has? I'll agree that the girls above are underweight. You can really see the ribs in one of them, but to say the asian is underweight is like saying "If a girl is fit and in amazing shape, she is underweight!" It's almost like saying "All girls should have a good layer of fat covering their entire body."

It would be like saying this guy is underweight too, which I would highly doubt!

florida-muscular-man-mike-1.jpg
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    myself, but tighter and more defined
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'd be concerned if she is classed as over weight!!

I wish i had her body, then again it is airbrushed to the max!

Haha, yeah. I tried to find a decent non edited photo >.<
    And her size (10US 14AU) is considered plus sized. o.o

Just to clarify, she is only plus size by modeling standards; as she is a plus size model. But obviously size 10 (US) is not "plus size". I remember seeing her on ANTM and wasn't she rocking a bathing suit in the first episode and she looked damn good in it too. I would not be upset at all if I had her figure. But that said, I don't think it is my ideal.
    Hmmm, well I do have Scarlett Johansson on my vision board. I also think Jennifer Anistion has a beautiful body... Kate Beckinsale, Jessica Biel, J.Lo

Jessica Biel, for sure. She is healthy and athletic looking. Trim, but still curvy.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    no such thing!

I don't dream of or compare myself to models or celebrities-its just not realistic.
    I think its better to strive for YOUR perfect body-the best that YOU can be!
  • chivalryder
    Options
    As for my "perfect" man's body (because one hasn't been posted yet)

Chris Eatough

2364276119_5d495b379b.jpg
  • eiredivine
    Options
    I'm a photographer/retoucher and I'm happy to say my job of looking at slim, skinny models everyday doesn't actually affect me. I get to see all their imperfections, so I know not everybody is perfect.
    Curves are the way forward, health and happiness :)
  • castark28
    Options
    This is way too skiiny fo rmy ideal. the picture of the women without her shirt on and in the bathing suit.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    My ideal. She's my height, and I don't want a popping six pack, just a defined tummy, but her arms! would kill for those! I have always had big arms! even when I was swimming 5-6 days a week competitively.

perfect-body-23825-1309277363-4.jpg

This is the type of girl I go for. slim and toned but not ripped.

pretty sure she's underweight or nearing it. but everyone has their preferences.
  • snowgrrl83
    snowgrrl83 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I said her BMI is BORDERLINE underweight/healthy. Its probably a BMI of 19. I used to lift heavy and eat like crazy, was jacked and maintain a BMI under 20... she has very defined ab definition so her BF% isn't that high.
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options

How can you say that the Asian girl is underweight? Did you look at how wide those hips are and the muscle definition she has? I'll agree that the girls above are underweight. You can really see the ribs in one of them, but to say the asian is underweight is like saying "If a girl is fit and in amazing shape, she is underweight!" It's almost like saying "All girls should have a good layer of fat covering their entire body."

Agree, I don't think "your girl" was underweight. She looked very healthy. It looked like she had a little padding on the thighs. I liked that picture, as that is my body type... which I'm trying to get back to :happy:
  • Minnoke
    Minnoke Posts: 26
    Options
    I think any hourglass figure within a healthy weight range looks great. Not too thin or fat, and not too muscular (doesn't look feminine imo but I know a lot of people that disagree with me).
  • antizoni1
    antizoni1 Posts: 334
    Options
    Maybe this answer is not to popular on MFP, but I like thick women, your stretch marks are not ugly, the flab you gain from child birth is not ugly, you are a REAL WOMAN, you are not airbrush, An as long as you are comfortable in your body , Im comfortable holding hands and walking proudly down the street with you