• phtbtmgrl
    Options
    hanna.jpg

^^ This ^^
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    model.jpg

I can relate to this pic. We have similar body types. I hope to look like this when i lose some more. I have the big booty, thick thighs and big ta-tas. I just want a smaller and flatter waist like her!
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    The first girl's picture has a NORMAL HEALTHY BMI. The 2 other pictures posted here are girls with BMIs that are UNDERWEIGHT. The last picture (that a guy posted) is BORDERLINE on the healthy/underweight spectrum.
    Its sad to think that you ladies think that the ideal look is underweight :(
    Its even sadder to think that healthy might be considered overweight.
    Media has really messed up our ideas on body image.

How can you say that the Asian girl is underweight? Did you look at how wide those hips are and the muscle definition she has? I'll agree that the girls above are underweight. You can really see the ribs in one of them, but to say the asian is underweight is like saying "If a girl is fit and in amazing shape, she is underweight!" It's almost like saying "All girls should have a good layer of fat covering their entire body."

It would be like saying this guy is underweight too, which I would highly doubt!

florida-muscular-man-mike-1.jpg

By BMI that guy would almost undoubtedly be classified as overweight, and very possibly as obese. BMI is a horrible reference for a wide variety of people...highly muscular people for sure.

I'm 6'2", low 190s for weight, between 8-10% body fat most of the time, 32" waist...and I'm right on the top borderline for healthy BMI. In street clothes I look like a fit guy, not unlike the biker that was posted. I'm about two pounds or so from being classified as overweight by BMI, because I have a good amount of muscle.
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    No one is perfect :)

They only way a majority of our celebrities can get their "perfect" bodies is through Photoshop.

Have a look below :smile:

bgp4wx.jpg

wstzf6.jpg

1ovxif.jpg

i3x5c5.jpg

Is that eva longoria? her body looks the same...the hair and eyes are different but her body is bangin in both :) haha

No, they did some work. They pulled in the waist a bit and smooth the transition to the hip, and they brightened the chest area to give it more shape. That's blatant stand-outs. Same with Hiegl (sp?). They pulled her waist in a bit, too. All the women they softened and brightened the faces, which makes them look youthful and flawless in the picture.

While they certainly are far from ugly women, they still get the benefit of photoshop. I'm sure if you met them in person you would notice a lot more normality.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Sara Goller and Laura Ludwig are both my height and ideal weight and professional beach volleyball players.

I'll try and add a picture later but am failing miserably right now (hence the edit)
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    model.jpg

I can relate to this pic. We have similar body types. I hope to look like this when i lose some more. I have the big booty, thick thighs and big ta-tas. I just want a smaller and flatter waist like her!

I'd LOVE to look like this or the first picture. ^_^ I don't want to be anything below a size 8 honestly. I think there's a line on too skinny, and I don't think it's attractive in the slightest bit. Girls were always meant to have a little bit extra on them. Not a lot extra like I'm carrying around now. But overly skinny, ESPECIALLY when you can see ribs, is just kinda disgusting. I maen, toned and skinny, sure, but I think the girl in this pic and that first one are ideal.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    lazar-angelov-bodybuilding-fitness-10.jpg

Are we really arguing about BMI LOL!

BMI =/= healthy.
  • Pinkigloopyxie
    Options
    I want to be able to wrap one arm behind my back and grab the other arm's elbow, and grab the first arm's elbow with the second hand at the same time. And be able to easily clasp my fingers together while having my left arm bent up and down to my back and the right folded backwards. That's my ideal body.

When I was in school in gym class during elementary all the other kids in class were at least able to touch fingers, some were able to clasp their hands with ease. I could never touch even my fingertips and it was always a very poignant memory for me. I've aways wanted to condition myself to be more flexible. (Eh... for my own amusement is all, haha)

I can almost lay my elbows on the floor with my legs out while stretching. It seems silly and I know even many skinny people can't touch their toes or anything but I still would like to be able to do it.

A coworker of mine is a sprightly 18yr old and can't even go past his knees with his legs straight, while I can touch down to the floor with legs straight and rest my knuckles on the cement.
  • krystyleee
    krystyleee Posts: 219
    Options
    oh jesus :indifferent:
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Ideally one with a big & healthy

brain_lateral.jpg

and

1-human-heart.jpg?9d7bd4

In the absence of those, I look for a great

1548_jeanette-158.jpg

You just won the internet with this post. :)
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to wrap one arm behind my back and grab the other arm's elbow, and grab the first arm's elbow with the second hand at the same time. And be able to easily clasp my fingers together while having my left arm bent up and down to my back and the right folded backwards. That's my ideal body.

When I was in school in gym class during elementary all the other kids in class were at least able to touch fingers, some were able to clasp their hands with ease. I could never touch even my fingertips and it was always a very poignant memory for me. I've aways wanted to condition myself to be more flexible. (Eh... for my own amusement is all, haha)

I can do that now, and I'm in the worst shape of my life. I think that has to do more with how you're built (I have loose joints) than what shape you are in.
  • nancycola
    nancycola Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    No one is perfect :)

They only way a majority of our celebrities can get their "perfect" bodies is through Photoshop.

Have a look below :smile:

bgp4wx.jpg

wstzf6.jpg

1ovxif.jpg

i3x5c5.jpg

Is that eva longoria? her body looks the same...the hair and eyes are different but her body is bangin in both :) haha

that is eva longoria. they thickened up her arms and thigh. hm.
    thanks for this post too! good to see the reality of photoshopping that is rampant in magazines.

my ideal is skinny. not gonna lie. i have an apple shape so curves for me mean not the kind you wanna squeeze. who wants to love on a muffin top?

i want to be slim enough for high-waisted, vintage sailor denim pants. period.
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    i like lean but with meat on the bones. i agree with you, frail is disgusting. i feel like im looking kinda frail these days and it repulses the **** out of me.

the thing is, its kind of depressing because i feel like i cant achieve the body i want cuz of genetics! i WANT a nice *kitten* with thick thighs and a small waist, however what i got was a ruler shape and legs on the stick side.

oh well, gota learn to love it i guess ^^ or else ill win the lotto and get plastic surgery ;)
  • dietanderson
    Options
    As a guy with lots of life experience rest assured that despite all the hype you hear; guys prefer curves.

We may think skinny supermodels are pretty but we drool over curves.

"Bones are for boys, meat is for MEN"!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Anna Paquin is pretty close to what a realistic ideal would be for me. Compactly curvy.

anna.jpg

Anna-Paquin-bikini-1.jpg
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    One that is 6 ft above ground with all functioning organs
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Mine with a whole lot less weight, active and healthy.
  • meowkapow
    meowkapow Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    1fi9mq.jpg
    4jt.jpg
  • ckay220
    ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Here are a couple of mine and I will explain why:

Kim-Kardashian-Bikini-Styles1.jpg

Yes, I know it's cliché to put Kim Kardashian, and I don't love the girl, but I have a similar body type to her. I don't have the massive butt (although mine is real lol). However, I am short and have an hourglass figure (My bust and hips measure about the same and my waist is slimmer). Also, my chest is large like hers as well, so that's why I picked her! lol.

christina-milian-running.jpg

Love Christina Milian. A little slimmer than a tend to like, but also really short like me and also she has thick thighs like I have and the rest of the women in my family have. However, naturally, her chest is a lot smaller and her shoulders are not as broad as mine.
    Ditto to that whole thing..lol. Except my waist is bigger, I'm sure...But I'd add Ashanti to the list as weel, because she has thick thighs too.
  • gshoemaker06
    gshoemaker06 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    This is ridiculous. Everybody has different opinions. Just get to a weight, muscle tone, body image that YOU like and find a partner that likes it too.

Damn guys, it's not that hard...