How I Did NOT Lose 98 pounds

Options
123457»

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this. Although I'm far closer to the beginning of my own journey still, we sound a LOT alike. I LOVE IT that you look happy and stylish even in the "before" and you still have a somewhat similar style overall. To me that sounds like a big reason why you're probably so much more emotionally sound than some of the people here who have lost a lot of weight. Right now I'm struggling a bit with feeling awkward in all of my clothes at size 16-18, when I felt more confident (oddly) in a size 22. I guess body image takes a while to catch up with weight loss. Anyway, well done.
  • bluesy8899
    bluesy8899 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great words of wisdom. You look wonderful and happy!
  • terra819
    terra819 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Great tips for changing your life, not just your weight. Thank you for sharing!
  • dossha
    dossha Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I needed that inspiration.
  • rescue804
    Options
    Wow! I think the points you make are excellent, and I am going to try to remember them! Thank you! Congratulations on finding your happiness and the 'perks' that go with it!
  • rlinaresv
    rlinaresv Posts: 108
    Options
    Love you girl. How inspiring and right you are. A trillion congrats
  • TanithR
    TanithR Posts: 9
    Options
    This is truly inspirational; thank you for sharing and a massive congratulations!
  • wisdomfromyou
    wisdomfromyou Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic - and so much younger!
    Great post, wonderful reminders!
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    You look truly healthy and happy, which is a beautiful thing to be.
    Congrats to you and your journey, and to inspiring others :)
  • atlcajun
    atlcajun Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    First of all, congratulations on losing weight and keeping it off. You look great. Thanks for your words of wisdom. Sometimes we focus on the wrong the things and that can delay our progress.
  • jennykcmo
    jennykcmo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Wonderful positive thinking / conscious living advice! And well done!!! You look fantastic.
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Very good....I will have to remember all this....:)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous!
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Great advice, especially the last tip. 2 and 3 though i am the exact opposite. While i dont write out a list of dates and corresponding weights i do find that group challenges ranging from one to three months really help me stay on track. It helps that i try to keep my goals modest. Never more than a pound a week. When i am having a hard time on my diet, thinking about how far i have come (how much i have lost) has really helped me stay on track. Probably because when i started this i never thought i could even lose five pounds let alone thirty. Congrats on your success, i hope one to day to be where you are. And i am going to follow your advice and try to focus on living my life and being happy now rather than waiting until i am thinner to start living!
  • nick9470
    Options
    Fabulous! Congratulations!
  • Panda_Rolls
    Panda_Rolls Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yes yes yes! A thousand times yes!!!! Thank you so much for posting this, it's really refreshing to see someone who has lost weight in both a physically and just as importantly mentally healthy way.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!