Pinpoint the exact moment in time you felt "old"

Replies

• geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    My moment came in a wave over a week's time came a year ago (and I'm 26!). Friends I had in high school had kids; I would make references to movies and shows from the 90s and kids would stare at me blankly; I remember when MTV played videos; I teach college students, and the third class I taught, all my students were younger than me. -_-

Edited to Say: There was a rain delay for a Cubs game not too long ago; they showed a game from 1998. The video looked faded and old. 1998 wasn't THAT long ago!
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    The first time I pulled up to a stop light, looked at the car next to me and realized that the driver didn't look old enough to pick out his own clothes never mind drive a car. Oh and anytime I go out with the girls and notice that I want to check the ID of every kid walking around. LOL
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    The Nintendo Gameboy is now 23 years old.
  • jackjack1983
    jackjack1983 Posts: 10 Member
    :smile: when i was diagnosed with thyroid cancer, had 2 surgeries and two rounds of radiation in two years. it sucks because its so hard to lose weight and get your meds right so your not so fatigued. its an upward fight, way more difficult than it was before i got sick i keep moving and going good sound fitness goals and i can do it with a lot of hard work.
  • There have been several of them...I think senility hits, and I forget-and BAM, another moment hits me. Here's some of my favs:

1. When the kid I used to babysit on the regular (awesome kid!) got his license...and then when he graduated from HS. I was 14 when he was born!
    2. When I'M the one screaming out my window at drivers cutting in & out of traffic and speeding
    3. When I walk next door to ask my neighbor to turn down her music because I'm trying to go to sleep...and it's 9pm
    4. It's been mentioned, but when you find yourself selecting the movie theatre location and time of the movie based on when the fewest "children" will be there (that includes ratings...PG-13, we're waiting for Redbox! Rated R...we're there!)
    5. When kids that I used to babysit are now having kids of their own!
  • I am 44 and I don't feel old at all. I don't have any kids so i think I still get to act like an 18 yr. old albeit one who pays her bills.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,275 Member
    When one of my FL people didn't know that Teen Wolf was a movie with Michael J Fox, not a series on MTV.....
    Also, someone who had no idea what the Dukes of Hazzard is, or realizes that Jessica Simpson is not the original daisy duke....wth.....\m/
  • isis2triple0
    isis2triple0 Posts: 106 Member
    When I told my 11 year old daughter I can remember when TV use to go off completely around 11:00, at first she didn't even understand she was like "What do you mean off, like Grandma and Grandpa turned it off"?? I was like no they would play the American Anthem and then it was over for the night. She was like "Wow what year was this like 1875"??!!! It was then I knew I has passed a pivotal point!!
  • Every time I hear a song that I love (and remember when it came out) on my fav radio station's "Flashback lunch" hour, I die a little inside.

I really started to feel old when my friends started having babies on purpose.

I LOVE your McKayla is not impressed with my weight loss!! lol!
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    My my son hit middle school. Happend a week ago. :sad:
  • Shybea81
    Shybea81 Posts: 67 Member
    When clearing up my DVR list sounded waaaay more fun than going to the bar
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Oh and everytime I answer that my name is Mindy, ya know like Mork and Mindy and they say "What is that?".
  • CoriWv176
    CoriWv176 Posts: 8 Member
    When my son graduated from high school this year and when my daughter asked me if I was 34 and I told her no I'm 37, she said she didn't want me to die. :smile:
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    When someone asked me who Billy Squire was...I was 20...OMG now I am old!!! LOL
    recently...hearing ac/dc being played in the grocery store...
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member

4. It's been mentioned, but when you find yourself selecting the movie theatre location and time of the movie based on when the fewest "children" will be there (that includes ratings...PG-13, we're waiting for Redbox! Rated R...we're there!)

Oh gosh! Then I was old when I was 18!
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    when the toys i played with as a kid became "vintage collectables"
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Last year the Bob Seger concert. Didn't see a young kid anywhere in sight. They were all "old".
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    I'll let you know when it happens.

There was one time, a couple years ago, when I was at a Rod Stewart concert and was looking around at the crowd waiting to get in the door and thought "Wow, there's lots of old people he......ohhhhh!" Sucks that Rod Stewart got old. :tongue:
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    When my son graduated from high school this year and when my daughter asked me if I was 34 and I told her no I'm 37, she said she didn't want me to die. :smile:

Too funny.
  • When I heard Sir Mix Alot's "I like big butts" playing in a grocery store!!