Pinpoint the exact moment in time you felt "old"

Options

Replies

• DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    When I heard myself telling my son "I'm pretty sure I know more than you do. I wasn't born yesterday."

My mom said that to me all the time and I hated it. Now I say it. Yay.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Turning 40. Not because of the number, but because literally the day I turned 40 I got a patch of grey on the top of my head. Not like one hair, a whole patch. I look like the mom from "Poltergeist" when she had that patch of grey in the front. It was like my body saying "f--k you, you're 40."

BTW, if you remembered that reference to Poltergiest you are old. Join the club.
  • danwood2
    danwood2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    When I was referencing a great '80's movie and my wife goes "Yep, Never heard of it or seen it, what is it about?" It was the GOONIES!!! - to which I responded with - "Go back to coloring with your crayons"

Yep, I have the best relationship ever! :love:
  • CountryCorgi
    CountryCorgi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    When Metallica's "Enter Sandman" was played on a Classic Rock station....

Oh my goodness, that was also my exact moment of feeling old! I remember vividly driving I-20 through Dallas and being introduced to a "classic from Metallica". Also, my best friend and I got together a few weeks ago to attend a KISS/Motley Crue concert, and we got a bit annoyed at the young ones there acting like rock heathens ... because that used to be us!
  • WhiteCloud9
    WhiteCloud9 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    It was such a little thing. A waiter refered to me as mame instead of miss.

^^ This also. EVERY time someone calls me ma'am, I just about lose my *kitten*. I am not a ma'am, I am a MISS, and I am f***ing happening!!! :tongue:

I grew up in Georgia and we were taught to always say Ma'am and Sir to all of the adults. I still do this to people of all ages as a form of respect, but it wasn't until I moved to Colorado that people got mad at me when I said it. Don't let it make you feel old!
  • Briantime
    Briantime Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Getting ino the passenger seat so my oldest daughter could drive....
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    The day after my 27th birthday I had to make a Podiatrist appointment... I felt old
  • ElicitDreams
    ElicitDreams Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I was 20 when I realized that my hair was 50% gray. 5 years later it's only gotten MUCH worse
  • antizoni1
    antizoni1 Posts: 334
    Options
    when when I was flirting with a lady and she called me Sir
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Not yet!
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    When I tried to ride a bicycle...again.
  • Jenism1
    Jenism1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Just happened this summer...

When I realized I cannot lie on my stomach and read my book at the beach. The book is too close and I cannot focus on the words! So sad. 44 year old eyes...need longer arms! :cry:
  • queendeej
    queendeej Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    When I realized that people who were born the year I graduated high school have already graduated high school and are considered to be adults.
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    When I was watching Teletoon Retro with my son and it was cartoons I watched as a kid!
    When i had to explain to my kids what a record was when we saw it in the museum lol
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    It was such a little thing. A waiter refered to me as mame instead of miss.

^^ This also. EVERY time someone calls me ma'am, I just about lose my *kitten*. I am not a ma'am, I am a MISS, and I am f***ing happening!!! :tongue:

I grew up in Georgia and we were taught to always say Ma'am and Sir to all of the adults. I still do this to people of all ages as a form of respect, but it wasn't until I moved to Colorado that people got mad at me when I said it. Don't let it make you feel old!

Yes, visiting my brother in Georgia I realized that everyone says Ma'am to all the ladies (after I got offended and one of his friends explained to me that that's just the culture there). Here in the Midwest though, that's just not the case. :laugh:
  • erinfog
    erinfog Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    probably when i starting having more doctors than my grandma. unfortunately i crossed that threshold at 18 lol.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    When I realize that 1992 was TWENTY YEARS AGO! WTF?!
  • fitwithin
    fitwithin Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    When I went to get a hair cut and the hair dresser said did I want some bangs to cover up the wrinkles on my forehead.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Some kid working at Wal-Mart called me "ma'am". ;_;

I'm not even that old!
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Many times, but recently my 18 year old son picked up my newly purchased pill organizer. He proceeded to tell me that I was "officially" old.