Pinpoint the exact moment in time you felt "old"

Options

Replies

• ItsDawnMarie
    ItsDawnMarie Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    When Listening to Lithium - Sirius XM and telling my daughter "this is the stuff mom and dad listened to in high school" INSTANTLY felt OLD = /
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    When my cousins gave me a blank stare when I referenced The Brady Bunch.

Seriously, who the hell doesn't know the Brady Bunch???
    Hahaha! Same thing happened with my kids the other day. My huband and I were referring to a couple we know as "The Brady Bunch", and kids looked at me like I was nuts! Then my son said, "Who are they? Are they someone from church?"..lol!
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    When the hot girls started calling me "sir".
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Realizing that I am now the exact age my mom was when I graduated high school.
    Knowing that my BFF from kindergarten has one child that has already graduated HS, and her second born is going into her senior year.
    My nephew is getting ready to start his senior year.
    I'll be 36 in January...40 is just around the corner. :ohwell:
    The first time I talked about a "record" or a "cassette" and my niece/nephew said, "What's that?!":huh:
    I could go on, but I think you get the picture.

Oh yeah, here's a good one. Every morning when I get up, I sound like a bowl of rice crispies...SNAP! CRACKLE! POP! WHEN DID THAT START TO HAPPEN?!
  • amcassey
    amcassey Posts: 16
    Options
    When my ring bearer graduated from high school last year! I remember when he was just 4 years old.
  • ghorine
    ghorine Posts: 1
    Options
    When my daughter turned 30. She still looks like a kid to me, though.
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    never ever and I have 5 grandsons. :flowerforyou:
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Every damn time I have to enter my birth year and its just scrolls and scrolls. It used to be right at the top :cry:

Yep, this one gets me every time :sad:
  • ohmykai
    ohmykai Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    When Michael Jackson died.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    When I found a grey pubic hair.
  • angeeishere
    angeeishere Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I was coaching a summer league competitive swim team made up of 4-18 year olds. I made a reference to "Back to the Future" which no one seemed to get.

boom. old.

yup...
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    While riding the bus back to the CHU's, "Paradise City" from GNR came on the radio.

Me: "Oh hell yeah, 1988! I was a junior in high school, and I saw these guys live in concert!"

One of my soldiers: "I wasn't even born yet."

.....aaaaaaaaand I feel old now......
  • TxAngel79
    TxAngel79 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    When my oldest daughter turned 14 last month!
  • ckay220
    ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    So , I'm only 18..but the comment about wanting the loud music to be turned down in the car scares me! lol...because that's just about the only way I can drive. But even, though I'm a 90's kid...I felt like I was getting older when I realized that now on Nick, they're playing shows that are just like the shows I watched as a kid...ie So Random is a less funny All That for Disney Channel.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    My God-daughter started her senior year in high school yesterday. I felt old for about two minutes, until she reminded me she still follows me for shoe trends :)
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Only for a moment I felt old when my grandson turned 18 and again when he graduated high school. Next old benchmark will be my oldest daughters 40th (not till 2014 thank goodness).
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    2 weeks ago.
    I've been going to swing dance lessons. Most of the participants are in their late teens/ early twenties.
    I'm 28 yrs old. Not the oldest...but one of them.
    When we learn something new we are encouraged to dance with new partners. It's up to the guys to choose the girls.
    9 times out of 10 I am one of the last to get chosen. Then, a few weeks ago the guy that danced with me wouldn't make eye contact with me or even look in my direction. I later found out he is 18. I can just imagine him thinking, "ew...she's old".
  • winoverhealth
    Options
    It was such a little thing. A waiter refered to me as mame instead of miss.
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    When I turned the TV to Nick at Nite and saw that the original All That from back in the 90's is now being played on it. I'm 25 and both me and my husband wanted to cry when we saw this and we hugged eachother and both screamed "WE'RE OLD!"
  • Meloyelo2010
    Meloyelo2010 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Attending an LMFAO concert last spring with some girlfriends. We're 27+, the kids were maybe 19- , felt old and out of place but LMFAO are still awesome in concert.