Pinpoint the exact moment in time you felt "old"

Options

Replies

• anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Also when I realized "texting" is something I don't do or want to do. Seems like a waste of time.
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Talking abt playing games when we were little, with kids that are 11 or 12, and they had no idea what pogs were! Any kid that grew up in the 90s will remember that! lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    When going through some of my dad's old stereo stuff and finding my old Barry Manilow music....................................on 8 track.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    My niece graduating high school.
    Every damn time I have to enter my birth year and its just scrolls and scrolls. It used to be right at the top :cry:

^^This...as I was sitting there looking at the big 2008 ballon sign drapped across the stage I realized that I had been out of High School for 20 years and immediately felt 'OLD' right then and there.

A quick follow up would be my 40th birthday as I woke up with what I now call old man pains. You know when you wake up and you knee or ankle or elbow or some other body part hurts for no apparent reason.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    When my son said to me at the dinner table, "Boy dad it must have been hard growing up." I asked him why and he replied with, "Having to use sticks and rocks instead of sppons and forks and no color TV and all the dinasours around."

:noway: :grumble: :ohwell: :huh: :sad:
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    When the guy at that is taking out my groceries to the car at the grocery store used to be one of my first grade students....LMAO..I'm a teacher...so every time he helps me out with the groceries..I feel so old!!!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    When my son said to me at the dinner table, "Boy dad it must have been hard growing up." I asked him why and he replied with, "Having to use sticks and rocks instead of sppons and forks and no color TV and all the dinasours around."

:noway: :grumble: :ohwell: :huh: :sad:

I think that's something pretty much every kid says to their parents. I know I did.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    When MCA died.

So sad, RIP MCA!
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    When I realised that kids born in 1995 can legally drive now. 1995! It's ridiculous!

When I realised that I was judging all these young tarts for their whoreish clothes then thinking back 8 yrs and realising I wore close to the same thing!!! :cry:

I dont want to be old. I nearly cried when I turned 25 because I was officially a quarter of a century and it was all downhill from here :frown:
  • muggsmom
    muggsmom Posts: 28
    Options
    When my baby became a Daddy.

When my daughter called to tell me that one of the girls that was in my Brownie troop had a double mastectomy.
  • BARBY1956
    Options
    When I ordered a coffee at McDonalds and the kid waiting on me charged me the Senior rate without asking me if I was a senior.
    On the other hand it was nice to only pay .49. LOL
  • c_porcayo
    Options
    I felt old the moment all of my favorite songs were on the old school lunch, and all of the new music on the radio station I use to listen to suonded like crap.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    When my husband and I went to a concert and thought everyone looked too young to drink.

HAHA! Mine is just the opposite my husban and I were having cocktaisl in the car, before going into see Rod Stewart and I made the observation that everyone is so old. My husban laughed and said, "Renee they are our age" .
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    When I had to explain to my son that there wasn't internet when I was his age and cell phones were as big as shoes and only the super rich had them.

That our TV only had 32 channels and you had to turn the dial to change it.

Then he says oh yeah that was in the nineteens!
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    After my divorce I went to a bar with some younger friends. I knew something was up when some of the other customers called out " Mom is here "
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I was watching a Biography about Natalie Wood. I always adored her when I was growing up. She seemed so mature, sophisticated, and easy on the eyes.

Then they said she was like 43 when she died.

I think I was in my late 40's when it finally hit me how young she was, even though I used to think of her as an 'adult' when I was still a kid.
  • HollyAus
    HollyAus Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    So I posted already but I had another "old" moment last night

We were at a fair with kiddie rides and such and every guy that I thought, "Hey, He's pretty hot..." had kids and was married! after it happened a few times I thought, man! Why do I like all the old guys?... *face palm*
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    trying to explain that 9 inch nails was a rock band to a group of teens... not real nails.

Interestingly enough, one of my "felt old" moments also involved NIN. My 18 year old daughter LOVES them. A few years ago (when she was 14) we were listening to "Head Like a Hole". I told her that song reminded me of being her age and a freshman in high school because it always came on MTV when I was getting ready in the morning. She said, "Geez! How long have they been around!?" Thanks, kid.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Oh... Lets see if I can list them in order:

25 years old. I got drilled right between the numbers by an animal of a center (American Football) and I could not move for about 30 seconds.

36 years old: I passed on buying a Camaro for really cheap because it sat to olow to the ground.

39 years old: I SERIOUSLY considered buying a new Impala because it was pratical.

40 years old: My son wanted to bring me in for Show-And-Tell because they were studying Desert Storm in history class (I was in that party)

2 weeks ago: Bowling at a congragtion function and I saw this 19 year old girl that I just KNEW that I knew. Obviously I never dated her so, after talking, it turns out I dated her Mother back in hich school.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Last fall, I went to my 20th high school reunion.
    And I have a child who has graduated from high school.