How do you make friends/support system on here?I

Options

Replies

• OBXbound4me
    OBXbound4me Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. Best of luck!
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! We are all here to support each other! :smile:
  • Booboomyers
    Booboomyers Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Im new too just joined tonight so please add me tto. Thanks x
  • PaulaALJ
    PaulaALJ Posts: 27
    Options
    You can add me as well, I will be supportive!!! but I may need a bit of feedback as well so that both of us can be motivated and keep a healthy lifestyle :)
  • mmenos1023
    Options
    I didn't know you could make "friends" on this site. Add me! I just signed up a couple weeks ago and so far I just stare at my own progress every day. A little motivation would be great!
    Good luck to you!!
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    Please don't give up, you can add me too :)
  • reasnableblonde
    reasnableblonde Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Same here! I've seen some folks here who are basically "friend collectors" that don't ever reach out and actually support others. I'm a commenter and I like reading people's diaries for ideas, etc. Support is key - anyone can add me! :happy:
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I accept all friend requests, give support, and delete you if ou start to clash with my personality. its better that way :)
  • kndlkai1
    kndlkai1 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You just did it! :smile: Wander through the forums, find something that interests you, find someone that sounds positive in their comments, and send a friend request. This site is only what you make of it - catty and snippy or supportive and friendly. I love the friends I've made here!

Good luck!
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Any of you can add me. I've been logging for 191 days! Could always use more support, and give it too. :)
  • FitCowgirl8
    FitCowgirl8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want. I used to think I could do it alone too but found out it is so much easier with a group of people to support you and give you advice. I am on daily and will help you on your journey.
  • narci1503
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • keeleen
    keeleen Posts: 93
    Options
    Sent you a friend request!!! And anyone else feel free to add me as well! You can never have too many friends on here to motivate and support each other... Once I started adding friends it made such a HUGE difference for me! They motivate and support me way more than I ever thought possible!
  • Beatrix0810
    Options
    I am totally with you. Sometimes it seems like the majority of people on here don't want support or to offer support, they just want to be condescending and rude because they're farther along than the people who are actively seeking support.

You can add me and we'll help one another!

Also know that if you don't log in for a few days (heaven forbid you go on vacation or worse, try something new, people on here will delete you from their friends list without even first sending a message to see if you're ok, need motivation or support. They'll just delete you and that will be that.

Feel free to add me. I'll not delete you without first asking if you need help. :flowerforyou:
  • 780ck
    780ck Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I try to motivate and appreciate the motivation from others. I have been here for 6 weeks and lost about 10 pounds. I have at least 20 pound more to go. I am a working mom with 2 boys and have trouble keeping motivated, but love MFP. Good luck on your journey!
  • johned64
    johned64 Posts: 13
    Options
    You go to the find friends tab and follow the tabs to find people that have the same goals as you. It is a great way to help each other out. You can add me as a friend I check in aboout 3 times a day and try to always be positive. Have a Blessed Journey
    John
  • cortezpj
    cortezpj Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP since April of this year and nobody's ever sent me a friend request. And I'm totally OK with that.

Every single person that's part of my Friends List has at one time posted something on a forum that I found interesting or noteworthy. I then sent them a friend request with a short message, usually something along the lines of how I liked what they had to say and how I'd appreciate their adding me as a friend. Boom...my request is accepted.

When someone posts a message like "How Do I Make Friends," or "Friends Needed" that usually results in their getting several requests or several on here telling you to send a request their way. That's all good -- the MFP community is pretty awesome that way. But if you want to create a network, you have to work a little at building one.

Good luck!
  • In_It_For_Me
    Options
    Sent you a friend request!!! Anyone feel free to add me.. We can never have too many friends on here to motivate us...
  • jennm72
    jennm72 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well. The more support, the better!
  • vodkacat
    Options
    You can add me, too. I just signed up yesterday, and I'm still stumbling around trying to get familiar with everything the site has to offer. It can be overwhelming, but we're all here for the same reason. We can do this!