How do you make friends/support system on here?I

Options

Replies

• MrsLeyva11
    Options
    This is how you make friends!! :) Welcome to all new-comers! Please feel free to add me, the more we can all support one another, the stronger we'll be!
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Exactly this way. Sending a request your way.
  • jeannelawrie
    jeannelawrie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Anyone who wants a friend on here can feel free to add me. I try to be as supportive as I can be and I'm on here every day! I'm not going anywhere either since I still have a lot to lose and even more to learn!
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    If you don't have enough yet feel free to add me :-)
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Add me but only if your supportive and kick my *kitten* if I need it!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well - I'm very motivated and on here often!
  • KravMark
    KravMark Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me ;)

Mark
  • pursuitoffitness
    Options
    You add me as a friend
  • lifesazoo
    lifesazoo Posts: 118
    Options
    I've found that I was able to make friends by commenting on some of the forums. Once you add some friends just faithfully encourage them when they complete their food/exercise logs and they'll do the same for you :)

^^ This and reaching out for support as you are is the best way to make friends. I'm on here daily and comment as much as I can on posts made by friends. Supporting and cheering on each other is the best part of this site. I love my MFP friends.
  • Shay0253
    Options
    :smile: I signed up on friday and I have been logging in each meal.
  • ClaireMulv
    Options
    Hey, im new to mfp just started a wedding diet and want to lose about 15lbs before the big day (next August) anyone else trying to lose weight before their wedding? :smile:
  • goodpup1271
    Options
    I myself just joined as well and am looking to make new friends and have the support. I so far am loving this site. I find I really watch what and HOW MUCH I eat. Before I never really thought about it. So my weight has gotten out of control. I am at my highest weight. Well, it is time to do something. So all the support I can get is very welcomed!!
  • goodpup1271
    Options
    Yes. I am. I am hoping to lose about 40 Lbs before mine in April. It would be nice to have my dress taken in some!! Good luck and congrats on the big day!!:smile:
  • cole_carter
    cole_carter Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    See you are instantly popular
  • ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    hello and welcome here. You can do anything you put your mind too. I hope you have a great day and feel free to add me if you wish. :smile: :happy:
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I think your question is your answer. Just post and reply to posts, it's that simple. Welcome to the community!
  • Darcyw4
    Darcyw4 Posts: 44
    Options
    hi! I started my journey @ 307 pounds in March - I found that having friends on here who know the struggles that I am going through is extremely helpful. I have a goal of 100 pounds lost by my 31 bday (march 20th 2013) and with the support of my peeps on here, I know that I can do it!! As long as you have a positive attitude and a willingness to work for your goals, feel free to add me!! :)
  • HazelCaz
    HazelCaz Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've only been here 10 days and feel like I've found some friends who are encouraging and helpful. The first day I introduced myself on this thread just like you did. I told a little about myself. I also looked around and chimed in on a couple other topics. A few people liked what I had to say or had a similar experience and sent me a friend request.
    As I gained some friends I looked on their pages to see who made helpful comments and I invited them to be my friends. It's a process.
    Also if you keep coming back to this intro topic, there always seem to be people who are looking for more friends.
    Hope that helped some.

And, ofcourse.......you can add me. :)
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Look for people with similar goals and lifestyles as you so that they can relate to you better.
  • CMenendez
    CMenendez Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm just getting back in the groove of things after having a baby. Most of my friends on here are inactive. Looking for new ppl to help support and encourage