Bachelor Party

Options

Replies

• fifth_bidness
    Options
    The commodification of human bodies is dehumanizing and offensive: let's face it--a patron is paying for a woman’s body--not for her personality, interests, desires, wit or any other trait which makes her an individual, but for her body, which he then symbolically owns and can do with whatever he wishes. That this dehumanization seems to be the prevailing argument in favour of stripclub attendence as healthy and harmless entertainment is super disheartening. Strippers are actual women who, in turn are actual people. Crazy, right?

The further idea that the sexual enjoyment of the degrading objectification of women is only natural (and, therefore, okay) is equally repugnant. It's not natural (no one is born lusting after spray tans and surgically enhanced secondary sexual characteristics--these attractions develop as a result of conditioning), and it's inherently wrong.

“Just because you get an erection when you see a woman being objectified onscreen doesn’t mean women deserve to be objectified.”

http://feministcurrent.com/4248/can-i-get-a-fk-you-why-erections-are-always-right-and-feminists-are-always-wrong/
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    The commodification of human bodies is dehumanizing and offensive: let's face it--a patron is paying for a woman’s body--not for her personality, interests, desires, wit or any other trait which makes her an individual, but for her body, which he then symbolically owns and can do with whatever he wishes. That this dehumanization seems to be the prevailing argument in favour of stripclub attendence as healthy and harmless entertainment is super disheartening. Strippers are actual women who, in turn are actual people. Crazy, right?

Isn't this how you meet a mate?..... Looks first and hope for them to not be a psycho?
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Someone's insecure...

It is an opinion and her feelings. She is entitled to have both.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Aren't those private rooms in strip clubs for Bachelor party attendees to pay for the groom?

Doesn't 'special' lap dances happen in there? I heard a lot of stories from the dancers themselves - and they are horrifying. There are always two sides to a story and surely enough, the story from the 'bachelor party" clients are much tamer (when told to their fiancée) than what the dancer says she was paid to do.
  • MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    ae3021ffb0d089830aa45118f9c9fde5.jpg
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    So my man and I are getting married next June and the best man is already thinking about an awesome bachelor party... obviously the first thing that comes to my head is... strippers... I told my finace that I really do not want him to be going to a strip club. He respects me and he won't go to one but he wants to know why. Honestly, I know he wont be interested in them and will still love me :smile: But I just don't like the fact that he will be starring at naked girls :ohwell:

What are your thoughts? Guys and Women!

Are you a fan of fifty shades of grey?
    chick flicks?
    you wouldnt go to chip n dales if your girlfriends dragged you?
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    x
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    It's the bachelor party. Let him go!
  • Fieldsy
    Options
    All of us just went out to the bar before we got married. MY wife wouldn't give a **** if I did go to one or not, I kinda didnt for two reasons. I don't like them and I didn't go out of respect.

Nothing about them turns me on. I don't like slutty girls and its just an environment that is annoying to me. I know I am in the minority here, but oh well.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    So my man and I are getting married next June and the best man is already thinking about an awesome bachelor party... obviously the first thing that comes to my head is... strippers... I told my finace that I really do not want him to be going to a strip club. He respects me and he won't go to one but he wants to know why. Honestly, I know he wont be interested in them and will still love me :smile: But I just don't like the fact that he will be starring at naked girls :ohwell:

what matters is you make sure he doesn't have a reason to go to these places after you're married.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    All of us just went out to the bar before we got married.

I don't like strip clubs. Nothing about them turns me on. I don't like slutty girls and its just an environment that is annoying to me. I know I am in the minority here, but oh well.

A lot of other guys are in that boat...contrary to popular opinion, not all men enjoy watching skanks take their clothes off...why watch that when you have a gorgeous woman at home that will do it for free?
  • Fieldsy
    Options
    it's going to happen, might as well give him the green light and let him do it. During one of my friends bachelor party, his fiance at the time said "no strippers". Peer pressure, alcohol, and getting clowned on by his friends made it happen anyways. Now he has to lie about it for the rest of his life hoping she'll never find out.

It doesn't have to happen though. My wife didn't care if I went or not and my friends begged me to go. I didn't care to go so I didnt.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Totally understand your feelings about it, but this is supposed to be sort of a celebration of the last of the "single" days so to speak, so if it were me, I would set those feelings aside for the bachelor party and tell him just to have a blast... whether that's just going and getting drunk or going to the strip club..
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options

The further idea that the sexual enjoyment of the degrading objectification of women is only natural (and, therefore, okay) is equally repugnant. It's not natural (no one is born lusting after spray tans and surgically enhanced secondary sexual characteristics--these attractions develop as a result of conditioning), and it's inherently wrong.

“Just because you get an erection when you see a woman being objectified onscreen doesn’t mean women deserve to be objectified.”

http://feministcurrent.com/4248/can-i-get-a-fk-you-why-erections-are-always-right-and-feminists-are-always-wrong/

Um then maybe you need to speak to the strippers themselves - because they are the ones oh yeah say ALLOWING the objectification because it is their J-O-B (and the one they CHOSE, no one put a gun to their head to make them do this as a living). Just saying... (turning sarcasm off now)
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    In the end, it is the bachelor's party...my hubby had two and didn't see strippers at either.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options

Let him go have his fun
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My soon-to-be husband's bachelor party is tomorrow night, and honestly, I don't care what they're doing. I trust him. Let him ogle away, because all that really matters is I'm the one he's coming home to and marrying in a few weeks.

I did give him two rules:
    1. Don't come home smelling like cheap stripper perfume
    2. Don't come home covered in stripper body glitter

So, basically, take a shower before you walk in the door.
  • MSeel1984
    Options

Um then maybe you need to speak to the strippers themselves - because they are the ones oh yeah say ALLOWING the objectification because it is their J-O-B (and the one they CHOSE, no one put a gun to their head to make them do this as a living). Just saying... (turning sarcasm off now)

And I am sure all of them do this because they love it...it is their life's ambition and they have no aspirations.
  • fifth_bidness
    Options

Isn't this how you meet a mate?..... Looks first and hope for them to not be a psycho?

Are you suggesting men generally go to strip clubs in search of a potential mate (in this instance, were that the case, the bride might have larger concerns)? In your own search, do you reduce prospects to one dimensional objects whom you pay to control by requiring they create the impression they are sexually available to you, no matter what they might want? Is that the power imbalance you're looking for in a romantic relationship?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    ae3021ffb0d089830aa45118f9c9fde5.jpg