Looking for (fewer) Friends

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,605 Member
    *whew* cause I was totally NOT going to FR you, and now I don't feel bad. ;)

Sounds like a win win...

ETA: Dangit...forgot the smiley...apparently, these make people hate you less: :smile:

No. They don't.
  • meerkat70
    Do some of you people ever do anything just for fun? Like maybe make an ironically humorous MFP forum post? Or is the Internet all serious business to you?

(But hey, thanks for bumping this for me...now I can realize my true intent of adding tons of random MFP people to my FL. And the advice to delete friends myself? Absolutely brilliant. Why didn't I think of that??)

Everything I post is in deadly earnest. This is, after all, a serious weightloss site. WTF is wrong with you, man?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Do some of you people ever do anything just for fun? Like maybe make an ironically humorous MFP forum post? Or is the Internet all serious business to you?

(But hey, thanks for bumping this for me...now I can realize my true intent of adding tons of random MFP people to my FL. And the advice to delete friends myself? Absolutely brilliant. Why didn't I think of that??)

Everything I post is in deadly earnest. This is, after all, a serious weightloss site. WTF is wrong with you, man?

Hmph. Well, it probably won't surprise anyone, (especially those who know me), that I'm doing it wrong.

Now I'm going to go post a thread about how there are so many mean people on MFP.
  • jofjltncb6
    *whew* cause I was totally NOT going to FR you, and now I don't feel bad. ;)

Sounds like a win win...

ETA: Dangit...forgot the smiley...apparently, these make people hate you less: :smile:

No. They don't.

C'mon, admit it...the smiley made you hate me just a *little* less, didn't it? I mean, *I* can feel a slight difference between us now, can't you?
  • meerkat70

Hmph. Well, it probably won't surprise anyone, (especially those who know me), that I'm doing it wrong.

Now I'm going to go post a thread about how there are so many mean people on MFP.

I think you should. Be sure to reprimand people for being rude, patronising and condescending too.

Just maintain a suitably fun-free tone, and a severe expression. You'll be fine.
  • jofjltncb6
    Geez ... I was looking to friend you also.... now I gotta keep looking

Indeed.

This is not the friend you're looking for.

Move along.
  • meerkat70
    Aren't you a little short for a storm trooper?
  • jofjltncb6
    Aren't you a little short for a storm trooper?

I thought I was more of an Obi-Wan. I mean, I like to think I'm using my powers for good and not evil.
  • meerkat70
    Yes, but if you're our only hope.... ?
  • meerkat70
    Incidentally, you'll be pleased to know that someone beat you to today's 'everyone's so mean' thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/710449-why-are-people-on-these-forums-so-mean

You can rest easy today.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,078 Member
    Rather long winded way of asking for more friends.
  • Merrychrissmith
    Merrychrissmith Posts: 235 Member
    You will miss me when I am gone....Oh, that's right, I was never there.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    I'm not new to MFP, (have been here for 425+ straight days), and I'm looking to have fewer friends on my FL. As of this morning, I have almost 70 which is far more than is healthy. So if you're currently on my FL and thinking about dropping me, now would be a good time to do it.

I'm especially looking for friends to delete me who have very little in common with me...for example, if you've been eating boxes of Hostess products as entire meals with the rationale that it's okay as long as it fits your macros...or if you log the calorie burn from "answering the phone"...or if you rationalize that 1200 calories is good, so 600 calories is *really* good.

I know some of you won't leave me because you say I make you laugh...(personally, I think it's my remarkable good looks, but whatever)...and that's fine, but please try to keep realistic expectations for any future funniness. Sometimes, the pressure of being funny takes a toll on me and it leads me to consider less-than-optimal food choices that may or may not fit my macros.

We're in this together, and with (or without) your help, we can all achieve our dreams!

im not sure what your point is..why dont you just delete them yourself??...or is this a plea for attention???
  • jofjltncb6
    I'm not new to MFP, (have been here for 425+ straight days), and I'm looking to have fewer friends on my FL. As of this morning, I have almost 70 which is far more than is healthy. So if you're currently on my FL and thinking about dropping me, now would be a good time to do it.

I'm especially looking for friends to delete me who have very little in common with me...for example, if you've been eating boxes of Hostess products as entire meals with the rationale that it's okay as long as it fits your macros...or if you log the calorie burn from "answering the phone"...or if you rationalize that 1200 calories is good, so 600 calories is *really* good.

I know some of you won't leave me because you say I make you laugh...(personally, I think it's my remarkable good looks, but whatever)...and that's fine, but please try to keep realistic expectations for any future funniness. Sometimes, the pressure of being funny takes a toll on me and it leads me to consider less-than-optimal food choices that may or may not fit my macros.

We're in this together, and with (or without) your help, we can all achieve our dreams!

im not sure what your point is..why dont you just delete themselves...or is this a plea for attention???

I'm picturing you going through the entire "Chit-chat, fun, and games" category looking for the point of each post. Sounds fun.

But yes, the advice to delete them myself without any fanfare is wonderful. The problem with it is that it's so blatantly obvious, that everyone would have thought of it already...including myself. So that leaves only one possible motive for my post: it's a plea for attention.

Oh wait...I just thought of another possible angle: because it was ironically humorous...sure, not to everyone, but my humor isn't for everyone. In fact, sometimes, being humorous just to me is reason enough for me to do something. (And if a few other people find it funny, which in this case, apparently they did, then bonus.)

Besides, if I wanted attention, I'd make my profile pic shirtless, I'd post in the "rate this or that about the above person" threads, and I'd post open requests for more friends (even though I don't actually want more random friends. It's a very specific type of friend I like, and threads like this are amazingly effective at finding them...even if that wasn't the primary motivation in initially posting it.)
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Then we are soooooooo screwed.
  • jofjltncb6
    Then we are soooooooo screwed.

Ouch...

...and very true.
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    just curious why dont you just delete the people you dont want to be friends anymore. i want to put my calories burned for typing this on my computer, my fingers are moving really fast.. lol
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    They fry porkrinds in vegetable oil, just thought I should warn y'all.
  • jofjltncb6
    They fry porkrinds in vegetable oil, just thought I should warn y'all.

And those people should be dealt with harshly.

The pork rinds I eat are fried in pork fat (like all pork rinds should be).
  • jofjltncb6
    just curious why dont you just delete the people you dont want to be friends anymore. i want to put my calories burned for typing this on my computer, my fingers are moving really fast.. lol

Because I was giving them a chance to opt out rather than just me choosing who would have to leave...

...or at least I was. I have since deleted about a half dozen based on a rather complicated formula that included factors like average daily forum posts, total daily calories, and number of misspelled words.