Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• jennbo83
    jennbo83 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I just found this thread - the title intrigued me. It impresses me how long it has gotten.
    I am Jenn, I am 32. I recently dropped below 300 which was a huge accomplishment for me, I have a long way to go. It looks like this a pretty good support group/thread.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Tracy~The cakes turned out great!

@Holly~Your knee sounds like osteoarthritis. I hope the glucosamine/chondroitin supplements help. There are other, more invasive ways, to help with the pain--arthroscopic surgery to clean out the area and I know a few people than have had success with synvisc injections (every case is different though). I had a cortisone injection once after I had a meniscusectomy and it helped a lot. Hooray for your shirt fitting better!

@Susan~Second cruise to Alaska in mid-August, this one is round trip out of San Francisco so spending a few days up front in SF and then on the cruise ship for 10-days. Oh, the beach sounds like a great way to spend spring break. Enjoy Wicked!

Welcome @jennbo83!
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    @Tracy. The cakes are gorgeous! Such talent!

@Melissa. Simply order something really plain. Broiled fish, veggies, baked potato. Nothing with an exotic sauce, and I would steer clear of raw things like salad for a day yet. Eat lightly.

• Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I've gone backwards these past few weeks. It started with a bag of chips and just spiraled from there. I've gained 5 pounds in that time, though I know that it's really no gain at all and I've just replenished my glycogen stores. But I can't get down below that 200lb mark. With my neck pain my therapists at physio won't let me go full out, so it's frustrating. I have headaches again so they won't let me run on the treadmill... I am craving running, but won't be able to do do any real distance until the snow is gone.... which may not be until May by the looks of the weather we are having. I know that will be my motivator to lose the rest of this weight, and I'm excited to know that I have motivation, now just to get the food under control yet again.

@Susan... I look forward to watching a few episodes of Prison Break every day... eye candy... yes!!! LOL I'm halfway through the 4th and last season, so have slowed down watching it a bit.. I don't want it to end.

I've skimmed the many posts I've missed the past while. I feel so much better some days when I'm struggling and seeing all of you getting on with it, it helps me think about getting back on track. I did read that someone has given up fast food for Lent, sorry, I forget who. I'm late, but I am going to start that tomorrow. That will be DIFFICULT, but if you can do it, then so can I. I will make an attempt to post daily to follow up with how I did.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Well I got my wish and then some for a 2 hour delay. We had enough snow that it cancelled school for today. It started snowing about 5 am and then came down quickly. It was only 2.5 inches so it was easy to clear and it was nice to be outside. I did enjoy the day off and manage to get a couple of errands done. Plus a trip to the gym and dinner with a friend. Because school was closed, my meeting for tonight was cancelled, yeah. It was a great day. Tomorrow, it is back to work on time.

Susan I know you will get back on track. Enjoy Wicked, I really liked that play. I am looking forward to the weekend.

Karen- I am looking forward to Spring Break.

Tracy- The cakes are beautiful.

Robin- Hope you are doing better and the eye surgery went well.

Truth- I have been eating to much junk recently so that is not helping my weight loss. I need to refocus on food and making the right choices.
    Next week I need to start planning for my triathlon and start training seriously.

• RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Hello Everybody - I'm back! Ooops its Thursday Truth! That's such a fun day of the week. Well, I had my cataract surgery last thursday and wow how wonderful the results are! I can see so much better than before - I fell in love with seeing - everything was amazing to me all over again -what a blessing the surgery was. Funny, you don't realize how much color you lose until it comes back!

Right now, I'm in the midst of fighting the flu - high fever, no appetite -for me thats about the worst of it, its winding down now.

I've fought my mental health battle and am doing quite well - I've come out of the despair and depression and settled into goofy mode - that's what you've all known for years and are comfortable with! <3

Thanks Niki for running the February Challenge and getting the March Challenge up and Running. You are a Champion yourself.

I sure missed every one of you. I've thought of each of you at many moments of the day. I will be posting more tomorrow.
    love and hugs to everyone! <3<3<3
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hello Robin! Great to see you here. Glad things are going well.
    Barb
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Wow, the thread was busy today! A lot of newlings--welcome to you all. :smile:

Going to skip personals tonight b/c I REALLY need to get to bed at a decent hour.

Tomorrow I have to be at a conference very early. Registration starts at 7:15 and it's about an hour away. That means I will be leaving my house about my normal wake-up time--yikes. The good news is we will be done at 1 pm, so happy hour will start early. ;)

MIL update: She left another message on the machine. This time it was all about how evil and manipulative my SIL is--she's manipulating DH and I, she's mounting a campaign to turn the family against her, she's going through a breakdown. This is all so ridiculous. My SIL is the most stable and grounded member of my DH's family--and, yes, that even includes my DH! LOL If I haven't made this clear already, my DH's problems with his mother have absolutely nothing to do with his sister--not with her relationship with her mom, and not with anything she's ever said to him or me about their tensions (which honestly isn't much). This is a complete fabrication in my MIL's mind.

On top of that, my SIL has been trying to work things out with her mother. She offered to go to counseling with her so they could figure out a way to communicate better. My MIL agreed to go, but only went to one session. She then proceeded to blow-off 3 or 4 subsequent appoints that my SIL was paying for.

Needless to say, MIL is out to blame everyone but herself for her troubles. It would be funny if it weren't so terribly sad.

Thursday Truth:
    I had a much better food day today--even with leftover Chinese take away for dinner. :smiley:

February Challenge:
    Under weekly calorie goal: 1/4 weeks
    All-in strength challenge=balance exercises 3 x/week; PT 1-2 x/week; run 2 x/week:
    Week 1: 2/3 balance; PT DONE; 2/2 runs
    Week 2: 2/3 balance; PT DONE; 2/2 runs
    Week 3: 3/3 balance; PT DONE; 2/2 runs
    Week 4: 1/3 balance; PT; 1/2 runs
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 55 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47,1/25 = 55:41)

Grading Goals:
    1. 10/64 BNW journal reflections
    2. x/64 AP essays
    3. 18/ 64 AP quizzes

Exercise Goals: (week 4)
    Sun--rest day
    Mon--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym DONE
    Tues--PT DONE
    Wed--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Thurs--PT DONE
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym

2015 mantra "Just 15 minutes"
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    So wonderful to hear from you Robin.......... <3<3<3

Lin :D
  • melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    @RobinsEgg - So good to see you here again! It sounds like you've made tremendous progress in the past few weeks. *hug*

@tanya949 - I hear you on the physical limitations. I sprained my neck in November 2007, and it was a loooong road back. Yoga was a huge help. Sometimes I had to take an ice pack with me to calm the inflammation that would arise mid-routine, but it was worth it to speed recovery.

Dinner was a success! I had to order off the "secret" menu, but was able to get a really delicious grilled chicken breast and a baked potato with butter and sour cream on the side. I went ahead and used most of the butter and sour cream, but it was only a TB of each, so I'm not worried. Stopped by the store to stock up on supplies (cottage cheese, Belvita, Activia, crackers) for the next couple of days, just to give my tummy little longer to recover.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    @NK1112‌ - I think we might be kindred souls. I feel I am a leftover at times also. I have turned my back on who I feel I really am to fit in. The more weight I lose the more I feel I am coming back to who I really am. Hubby and family do not really know what to think.

@jennbo83‌ - Welcome to the thread. Come back often, post when you feel you can. If you start by telling us a bit about yourself and asking a few questions you will become one with us in no time.

AFM - Had a big talk with hubby tonight about how I feel I am no longer important to him and felt it got no where. I did ask him to come to the counseling appointment on Monday, I will let you know what happens.
    I had a very long day so this is all I have time for.
    Love to all,
    Lori <3
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    @robin'segg Welcome back. You have been missed. My sister had cataract surgery recently and is so pleased with the results. I'm so glad that you are feeling better.
    @Niki I loved your description of yourself. It helps to put all of you inciteful posts into perspective. Thanks for taking care of the March challenge.
    @Tracy The cakes are beautiful. I used to decorate cakes for the kids birthdays. They weren't bad but nothing like that.
    @Susan All that chocolate! Oh, my.

Welcome to all of the new people. As others have said, this thread is an amazing resource in your journey. To take full advantage of it, you need to come back often and participate so we can get to know you.
    Thursday truth. Yesterday I was right on point, if I hadn't eaten those darn cookies. Today has been much better. With my blood pressure down and blood sugars normal, I am starting to wonder if my body has found its healthy spot. I will keep trying to lose that last twenty pounds. Not giving up yet.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    @tlh0407‌ - another TX Tracy? Well, I wish you were around Austin, I had a big "End of CancerTreatment" costume party in Nov and wanted mini cakes (like hockey puck size) with fondant icing and pink Cancer ribbons and little pearls on them. What I got was nothing like what I asked for. But I guess you get what you pay for, and at least they tasted good even if they didn't look good!
  • GOINSTD12
    Options
    wv2ixol73oc2.jpg
    Like this only mini. Ah well, water under the bridge!
  • GOINSTD12
    Options
    @cblue315‌ - sorry to hear you're having such problems with your husband. Counseling will help you even if he doesn't come with you, I'm glad to see you're going. If nothing else it will help you make decisions for the future. God bless you.
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    @RobinsEgg - It's good to hear from you! So glad your cataract surgery went so well. Your description of how you see so much now reminds me of when I got my first pair of glasses when I was 16. I probably had vision problems for a while...nothing extreme, so no one noticed until I almost failed the vision exam for my driver's license. So, I had my temps, but my vision wasn't the greatest. I drove my mom and I to the eye doctor and home again. On the way home, I kept exclaiming, "Wow! Everything's so clear now!" and "I can read license plates!" My mom was like, "What?!?!! You drove us to the doctor and street signs weren't clear?!" So, there's me, awestruck at my new outlook on the world. And my mother, terrified to ever let me take the glasses off again! :)

@cblue315 - I hope the counseling session is fruitful on Monday.

Sorry, not a lot of time for personals today!

AFM- We ended up being late for school yesterday. Move to the Groove is only like ten minutes of dancing...which is why it's so sad that it was going to be the most intense exercise I got all week...I've just been walking. Anyway, we missed half of it. My son's class was 'leading' Move to the Groove this time, and he was pretty upset that he missed half of it. He got over it. I also went and served lunch, and he got to give me a couple hugs and tell me he loved me. It's special to them when Mom shows up at school in the middle of the day. I sat at my daughter's table after all the kids were served, and listened to her friend talk about how much she loves bacon. :) Second graders, but sometimes this friend talks like she's 30....I can't even remember the story she was telling me because she started it off by saying, "Okay. True story...." I felt like we should've been sitting together over a cup of coffee or something. They crack me up.

Really bad day of eating yesterday. Sigh. Friday fast today. Going out for breakfast with a friend on Saturday. Here's to a better March!

February:
    Calorie Goal- 14/26
    Exercise Goal- 10/12
    Lift Goal:
    Leg Press-185/200
    Squats-180/200
    Abs- 152.5/165
    Back- 152.5/165
    Triceps- 82.5/90
    Biceps- 82.5/90

2015 Mantra: You Know Better! ~and~ Finish This Baby!

• hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Oh, and gorgeous cakes, @tlh0407!
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    @tlh - Your cakes are amazing! If they taste half as good as they look, YUM.

@kah - A cruise in Alaska is on my bucket list. Sadly, it won't be for a while. With a wedding on the horizon and helping older DD with the down payment on a house, there will be little to no money in my travel bucket. :'(

@laurie - Glad your wish came true. After your post about your students, you really needed and deserved it!

@robin - So good to see your smiling face! And glad to hear the surgery went well and you now can enjoy all the colors of the world again.

@cblue - I hope your DH does go to counseling on Monday with you. Hugs to you during this tough time.

AFM - I'm finally feel under control with my eating again. I've managed to string together 6 whole days under calories and I already feel better and more energized. I wish I knew why sometimes my "eat it all" switch gets turned on. Is it a physiological thing or a psychological thing? And sometimes, once it's on, it's a struggle to turn it off again and weight is regained. Clearly, I still need to learn to coexist with food in a healthy way. I went months and months controlling my eating. And then, one day I wasn't. Perhaps I was too strict with myself and had a period of rebellion. Perhaps my work stress took over. Or maybe I just had diet fatigue. I really don't know, but I'm trying to think about it and figure it out. Whatever that answer or answers are, they are the key to my making peace with food and changing how I handle it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

2015 Mantras:

Live like someone left the gate open (Live Joyously)
    Persevere
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    @cblue315~I’m sorry about the ongoing problems with DH, I hope he comes around and goes to the counseling session with you on Monday.

@Robin~Yay, you’re back! I’m so glad you’re feeling better, we've missed you!!! :heart: My mom had cataract surgery last year and after 60+ years with glasses or contacts, she doesn’t wear either anymore except to read—they gave her some fancy shmancy lens. :wink:

@Amanda~LOL at your glasses story, I got glasses and braces on the same day in 4th grade—I hated my mother for doing that to me! :rage: I know I saw better but I refused to wear them for the longest time, I don’t know how many notes got sent home because I refused to wear my glasses in school (I got teased enough because of the braces!) I always loved it when my mom came to school when I was in grade school (except the day she picked me up early for glasses/braces :wink: back then parents came right to your classroom to get you)! How fun for your kiddos. :smile:

AFM~ I received bad news yesterday that a dear friend and coworker was diagnosed with a form of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma for the 2nd time :cry:—after two surgeries in the last two months, they finally were able to diagnose it. He fought this about 30-years ago but during the chemo treatment they gave him the lifetime maximum of a certain chemo drug, so they can’t use it this time (it will affect his heart if they do)—oncologist is figuring out the best course of treatment, he will start chemo next week.

Ugh, another late day yesterday so no gym. :confounded: Today's forecast calls for what? Snow—up to 3” in some places. :wtf: Will it ever end? Okay, I know this is Texas and we've had this weather for a week, but still I’m over it. :frowning: It isn't supposed to come in until late morning/early afternoon and with temps in the 20s it may not melt right away, which could put a damper on my walk this afternoon. :anguished: But we should be able to walk in the morning; it will be cold but no rain until after noon.
  • melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    @hansea47 - Ha! I'm the only one in my family with real vision problems, although both of my parents now wear reading glasses. I got my first pair of glasses when I was 8 and couldn't see a helicopter in the sky that my brothers were pointing at. I could hear it, but couldn't see it. Kinda freaked out my parents. I've worn contacts since I was 16, and now and then think about LASIK. Haven't been brave enough to seriously pursue LASIK, though.

@kah68 - I'm sorry to hear about your friend. :frowning:

@lives2travel - If you can figure out how to control that "switch", let me know!

AFM, I discovered that Marlowe has a wound on his abdomen this morning. It's at least a day old (he hasn't been outside since Wednesday), and most likely the work of this nasty, vicious stray tomcat that moved into the neighborhood recently. He's walking fine, doesn't seem to be in pain, cleaning himself, eating, etc. If he hadn't been laying on his back, cleaning himself, I don't know when I would have seen it! We have an appointment with the vet after I'm done subbing today (it was too late to arrange for another sub). Guessing he'll get a few stitches and some antibiotics. Not sure what this means for my plans to go away next week, though. :neutral_face: