Tom
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • turnonnet
    turnonnet Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    great ! I read it somewhere as man and woman have different weight loss capabilities. so does the efforts. I am on my way to loss 11pounds by 30 days.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I know, I know I’m an awful friend. I’m not sure why, but I just haven’t felt like being online. It’s nothing against any of you and I do miss your friendship. Works been super busy and I’m on the computer ALL day. I hate getting back online at night, but if I don’t find time during the day I just don’t check in. I haven’t been tracking either. I’m not totally off track just kind of maintaining. I’m still struggling with my Achilles Heel so the exercise has been null, but decided I have to try. I went to the gym this AM for the first time and it actually felt OK. I took it pretty easy and probably will the first few weeks as I get back on a regular schedule.

A few updates for me. Cyrus has been gone the past 3 weeks spending time with his grandparents in Sarasota. I went for a long weekend to see him and got a little beach time too. He’ll be back on Saturday. I can’t wait! Work has been good, but super busy. We just went through a major consolidation and added about 90 stores overnight. We’ve been working through the merger plus I’ve got holiday forecasting and planning that has to get done and communicated this week. I know it seems crazy, but we have to start preparing for the holiday season now. This gives our vendors time to produce the amount of products we’ll need throughout Thanksgiving and Christmas. The numbers are crazy high so I’m busy!!

So another part of life has changed for me and that is dating. Yikes!!! I elected to stay single due to my career, Cyrus, etc. . . Well, it’s been 11 years since my divorce, which I can’t believe. Now that Cyrus is getting older I decided to put myself out there. Long story short. . . online dating is NOT easy. I met one guy and it took off pretty quickly. Unfortunately, it was a total scam. I had read about some of the things to watch for, but WOW! Luckily, another guy came around and he’s totally legit. We are taking it very slow for both of us, which is fine with me. We’ve been talking and seeing each other about 2 months and so far so good.

I’ll read through some pages to get caught up with everyone, but just don’t have time for personals right now.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    @cblue... I just LOVED your post. I did a 5k mud run last year with my sister and it was a blast. You look absolutely wonderful with that great big smile on your face. Considering all the stuff you've been up against lately you deserve that so much. I like how you said you can choose to focus your energy on you, rather on others who you may not be able to change. I've been lagging a bit, and when I come here and see how far you have come it motivates me to get back to it. Because I want to have the energy and focus and results that you do.

@skinny... I had a tiny moment of terror this morning when I realized what I was attempting to do, but I will do it. I know I can do it. That's why I'm doing it, to show myself that I can. I am highly competitive, even with myself. My (sometimes stupid :p ) brain against my body.

AFM: today I increase my steps up to 14k per day. Completed today by 4pm. My plan is to take a walk after work, but before I get home... which means stopping at a local trail on the way, close to home... and just walk until my goal is met. Then I can go home and not worry about having to go out again or get lazy and leave it until its too late. I think on rainy days I might hit the mall and walk around. Saturday I walked out in the pouring rain for an hour and a half, it was pretty miserable. Back on track with eating again, but I still can't kick the diet pepsi. I only drink one bottle of water per day at best, and that's awful. But i think the food is more important than the water right now. Once I start walking more in the summer heat I will gravitate more toward water. I hope so anyway.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    niki- I love how far you have come with your walking and endurance that is inspiring.

Kelley-Enjoy the trip to see your parents this weekend and enjoy the party. I am glad that the recovery will not be as bad as you thought.

Susan- I think it is great that you have found a guy to date that is wonderful. Are you still up for the Hero's run in Atlanta in September? Good to know that you are starting to exercise again.

JT- The lake sounds wonderful.

Lori- Loved the picture of you and your friend, the description of the race was priceless. Great job on the race and getting out the of the Obese category.

Karen- Glad you enjoyed the run this weekend and the lake, sounds like a great weekend.

Welcome to the new people, I hope you will come back often and get to know us. This is a great place to ask question and get advice.

A good weekend and a great workout today. I am getting ready to a do a 5K on Saturday. The weather should be nice and a great temp with low humidity for a run.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes. It feels so good to have my day recognized by so many.

@Tanya949 - Your self imposed step challenge is so very inspiring. You can do this. You are motivated. You will succeed.

@susan2396 - Woot on the dating! It take so much to put yourself out there. I wish you all the best.

@jtconst - Your day with the kids in the water sounds wonderful. I miss those times with my boys.

@NK1112 - Walking without a cane is fantastic. You have no idea how many never accomplish that. You are moving in the right direction.

@Heidi_Gregory and @topathemorning - Welcome, come back and post often so we get to know you.

@tlh0407 and @kah68 - I hope your travels all go well and you get to do everything you wanted to.

AFM - Monday check in. June went well for me in some ways and not so hot in others. Business is way up. The scale is down a little. Stayed at or under calories all last week. Trainer weigh in is in the morning and I am hoping to be under 180.
    My next tri is July 12th. I will be doing some pretty good training sessions the next couple of weeks. I am hoping so shave off some time. The weather should be much warmer than the last one so I won't have to wear so many clothes and transition should go smoother.
    A friend is taking me out for dinner and a movie on Wednesday. I want to see Inside Out. I will let you know how it is.

Love to all,
    Lori <3

Goals
    Monday - Boot camp class - Done
    Tuesday - Trainer WO
    Wednesday - either Total Body class or 20 mile bike
    Thursday - Trainer WO
    Friday - rest
    Saturday - Firecracker 5K - Apple Pie and the Wisconsin Marching Band will be there.
    Also at least 40 miles of road bike this week.

Get my water in every day

• GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    @cblue315 @Lauriek70 @kah68 @jtconst @skinnyjeanzbound - thank you all for your kind words and suggestions. This weekend was hard, DH had a bad time both nights, the air in my house is more polluted than at the rehab center despite 2 high powered air filtration systems, and we had to banish both the dog and the cat outdoors (thankfully it's very warm and dry, so no harm done). He's having problems sleeping and coughing all night, which kept me waking up too. I'm praying that things improve for him - it's awful to watch him going through this and not be able to do anything but rub and pat his back and help him with his meds and stuff.
    Today was his first day by himself, I left around 2:20 p and won't be home until 12:30 am. He did his meds but only ate some chicken soup.... I'll have to make him eat when I get home I guess.
    Paperwork for the leave transfer/bank program keeps coming back as unfinished. GRRRR! I was sure I submitted everything this time. Have to try again tomorrow.
    Had a 1.5 lb gain this week, but it might be water weight or stress. I didn't do bad on food this weekend and certainly got a lot of steps in doing for DH. I'm sure it will be gone by the end of the week, not stressing about that at all.
    @cblue315 - wow you look so happy and excited in that picture, great job on the mud run, it sounds like a lot of fun. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    @susan2396 - congrats on your loss this week and on having the confidence to try dating again, and for finding someone who is worth your time. You are a lovely person and deserve a great guy.

AFM - I want to follow up on the theme for today and comment on my accomplishments since I started this journey. When I started I could barely walk for 10 minutes and then I would be short of breath. Now I can walk a mile without wheezing, I can do the elliptical, I can get down on the floor and back up again (not without struggle but I CAN get up). My big belly is smaller (I noticed today that if I suck in my gut, I can actually see my thighs again, woot woot!) and I feel so much more energy. Compared to how I was feeling this time last year in the midst of chemotherapy, I am a totally different person and I love the new me! Yes I still have lots of drama, but I feel so much more capable of handling it now then I would have even 4 months ago. I know that I can meet my goals, and I am determined to do so.
    Tracy (tx)
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy Meteor Day!

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty. ~Frank Herbert

11857432.png

Tom
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    @Tracy…I’m so sorry things are going badly for your husband and in turn for you. I agree with others…reach out and ask for help…that’s what communities are for. Our church just provided labor for housing projects for a boy that is now in a wheelchair. They removed all carpet and installed hard surface flooring. They added a ramp. The help is out there and I agree a social worker should be able to point you in the right direction, if not help coordinate.
    @Laurie…Glad you liked the boot camp and aerobics class. But man, having all that in one day has to be exhausting…I don’t think I could make it and it’s a testimony to what great shape you are in.
    @Lori…LOVE the picture! And happy belated birthday.
    @Kelley…well that doesn’t sound as bad as originally thought. Now that you have the boot off for part of your day, don’t over do it. You don’t want to be in a worse place with it.
    @Tanya…look at you pushing your steps. Those are some impressive daily numbers.
    @Tammy…what a fun camping trip!
    @Susan…What a fun time for Cyrus to be with Grandma and Grandpa, but I know it’ll be great to have him back. Sounds like things are going well with you and guy #2. Sorry you had to have the experience with guy #1, but live and learn right?

AFM…Had a wonderful weekend full of great memories. Saturday, we ended up floating down Apple River in Wisconsin (about 50 minutes from my sister’s house). I had done that in my late 20’s and we decided to give it a try. Enjoyed every minutes of it but had two unexpected ‘dunks’ in the river. Once we were headed for a dead tree along the side that we couldn’t just bump off of, so I jumped out to pull us out of that path (expecting the 3 feet water or less of water that we had been experiencing so far) and went completely underwater. I’m a good swimmer so I was fine, but talk about unexpected! Then we were floating by a campground and this guy jumped in towards us. He then decided to “sit/jump” on my lap while I was still on the tube and there I went submerged again. I came up sputtering, but in the end it worked out as he had a beer bong, so I partook of that festivity. (The only time I’ve ever bonged beers are during my two trips down Apple River). We ended Saturday with walking around Stillwater, MN on the Mississippi River and having a great supper and pedicure.

Sunday was still fun, but definitely not what we expected. Sarah loves gardening and so I found this Wildlife Flower garden that was self touring. First it wasn’t anything we expected, basically trees and some bushes that might have a few flowers on them. Then when we got to the far end of the walking loop (signified by a small bridge), it started raining. Then it became a thunder and lightning storm, which is a little freaky when walking through a bunch of trees. At that point, we couldn’t tell what direction we were heading and there were all these loops off the main trail. We ended up at that bridge again, soaking wet! We tried jogging back the way we came but the path had gotten so muddy we were afraid of falling. We laughed because that’s what I get for trying to enjoy nature.  And, I had just bought Then of course the sun comes out and we decided to go find these “hidden” falls. It’s a park called Hidden Falls Park and there was a nicely paved path. Then it turns into a dirt path and then a sandy path. Then it ends. If we stepped in the river and leaned over, we could see the falls but we would have had to walk in the water part of the way and it was still probably half a mile away…we decided once again, that nature was against us and we turned around. HAHA!

Got on the scale today and didn’t lose or gain. I wasn’t very good about water on the drive 8.5 hour drive so I need to make sure I get plenty of fluids today and back on track.

Tuesday – Lift
    Wednesday – Cardio
    Thursday – Lift
    Friday – Cardio and cleaning house
    Saturday – Lift
    Sunday - rest
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I had a great long weekend of camping. Family friends and lots of good camping food. Today I am going to try to get back to full logging my food.

So sorry for all that seem to have had life crap on them and have to deal with it. All I can do is wish and pray you can prevail and work out the issues.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy Canada Day!

In the long run the pessimist may be proved right, but the optimist has a better time on the trip. ~Daniel L. Reardon

11857432.png

Tom
  • NewCaddy
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Wednesday Wish: That we all have a safe and fun 4th of July.

@Ushkii...sounds like you had a good time camping. Those are always good memories.

AFM...I grabbed some Cracker Jacks yesterday and it got out of hand. So when I went to the gym last night, I lifted and spent over an hour on the treadmill and bike. Enough to get me enough calories to break close to even. It made it a late night but I was proud of myself for looking at what I needed and doing it. I got new workout shoes so hopefully my plantar fasciitis will get better. I got one of those balls with nobs all over it to see if that will help (now if I can just find it :wink: ).

Today I will be taking my kids to music lessons, heading to my Mom's to help her figure out her new phone and then to the gym for some cardio. Hopefully to bed before 11:00.

Tuesday – Lift DONE PLUS CARDIO
    Wednesday – Cardio
    Thursday – Lift
    Saturday – Lift
    Sunday - rest
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    We did have a great camping trip. We did breakfast burrito's, one day that were to die for. My sons made flour tortilla and I made potatoes, ham, onions, bacon, and eggs in a huge cast iron skillet. one night we made Dutch Oven potatoes with way too much cheese oozing over the top! We did salmon in tin foil dinners with potatoes, carrots, onions and I had an Anaheim too. Today I have some leftover beef stew we made up there, I browned some chopped beef with onions and Lawry's seasonings and then simmered with potatoes, carrots, celery, corn, can of tomatoes and a bullion cube. That turned out really good, or we were just hungry and camping. So it was really a cooking trip is seems. I guess we did go get some wood and with that did a little hiking. I had to walk to the bathroom, does that count as exercise? lol
    the kids did smores every night, I had some jiffy pop we did over the camp chef stove. We played a bunch of games. For the first time I made it all the way to phase 10 but someone else won. we almost finished Monopoly, six of us started and we ended at 1 AM with the last three playing but one was obviously going to win. other games were, Yahtzee, Uno, Sorry, RackO, Sequence, and Rummikub.

3 days up the canyon as opposed to the 100 degree weather in the valley. It was really nice. When we got back the back yard grass was all yellow, even though it had a sprinkler on a timer on it. The garden also has a timer and it did great, got my first cherry tomatoes! So good!, I am excited to start getting cumbers and zucchini.
    Yesterday started out great food wise, was going to a movie and subway but that got changed. My SIL wanted us to come to some Chuck-a-Rama buffet. Oh that is so bad for me. I can not handle that place. The bbq chicken seems to sneak on my plate. To make it worse it was Chinese night. The only thing worst then a buffet is a Chinese Buffet for me!. So I went over when I had planned to be way under.
  • 315tohealthy
    315tohealthy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

My name is Kristina. I am 28, happily married, 1 beautiful 10 year old daughter, and weigh 311 lbs. My heaviest weight has been 318. My goal weight is 150, though my ultimate goal is really to be happy and healthy.

I would love to have friends on here who are active, encouraging, and can keep me accountable.

Thanks so much for reading - I'll post a longer intro on my blog!

Kristina
  • yornma
    yornma Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    *waves*
    I've got about 100 lbs to lose, I'm going to focus on getting to 200lbs first.

I would love to have friends on here who are active, keep me honest and hold me accountable.

I've cut out the breads, pasta, rice, potatoes and I'm focused on eating more fat to burn more fat.

I started working out on June 15th and changed my eating habits on June 22 and have lost 7.8lbs so far.

• tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hello all. Back again. I've been recording for a few days. Has anyone here had lap band or sleeve surgery?
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    @tootsanderson - Welcome back! How are the kids?
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Well Happy July the First, Everyone. I've been trying to catch up. And decided that would take me to mid-July or the 10th of Never - sheesh! Gosh there has been so much going on!
    Don't tell me @youSchoolTeachers your still wrapping up last year and starting to plan the fall? That is just unfair and I PROTEST on your behalf!!!
    @CBlue - happy belated birthday and what a Champ you are in that photo!
    I love how all you guys posted how you crawled first then walked then ran! what great examples you all are!
    Welcome @NEWCOMERS! so happy to see a lot of you join this month of June. Congrats - but I see some of you are discouraged and just want to make friends - well you have your friends easy peasy right here but you have to remember the name of this discussion and your posting will show up on your home page - you can click on your posting and it will bring you right back. Another tip is to go to the FAQ page and read and read. Very helpful.

@Kaye - did I miss your anniversary?

@Skinny - so sorry the MRI revealed a trio of rough diagnoses. I hope you can get away with a series of cortisone shots maybe from this next Doc....
    @Laurie - what a fun b-day - I laughed at your description of getting in and out of a kayak. I don't think I can do it at my present girth.
    @Ushkii - very lovely words, Sir.
    @LadyFromNigeria (sorry I don't remember your name) I hope things get better for you soon, glad you have good friends there.
    @annr - I swear I am going to Nominate You for leader ex post facto (i have no idea what that means, tho) of this group! You are a gunner, a motivator par excellence!
    @Susan - hey - enjoy your time alone you deserve it!

Is it too darn hot, rainy, flooding, on fire, tornadic, and just too darn crazy wild weather out there right now for all of you? My sympathies !!!

I'd do more personals but I'm pooped.
    AFM - I had a super great vacation and my next post I'll do a few pix. We - my HS friend and I got along so well, it was like long-lost sisters. We did so much bird-watching from our pine tree surrounded deck it was mad - plus a lot of coffee in the am and wine in the pm!
    I'm still dealing with the same health issues as always with more kinds of arthritis setting in. No big deal. Might go on methotrexate - gonna wait 2 months and discuss again. I don't like that drug. Did have cortisone shots in my shoulders yesterday and did get a little help. Gotta learn not to lean so much on things, like canes. Got a permanent parking permit finally too. Gonna go to Estes Park with another friend on 7/10 to 7/16 or so....might hang out with a 3rd friend who had to cancel for work reasons - we still have to talk it out. that would be at her house by North Platte... so thats something to look forward to.

Love to all had missed you all so much !!!

@WKQueen - no I wasn't gonna forget you!!!! I'm so impressed with your incorrigable spirit.
    Happy 4th of July EVERYONE!!!

• NewCaddy
    Options
    Thursday Truth – I have two: 1. Yesterday I ate junk food. Ultimately I came 100 calories within goal but it was not anything of quality. 2. I’d like to tell my mother in law off. When they travel back from CT to see family, we’ve always gotten the short end of the stick. They have spent anywhere from 4-6 weeks visiting family. The most they have ever afforded us is 2.5 days, yet they will spend 3 weeks in a row with my sister-in-law. I’ve reiterated to them that we are happy to have them and that we just need to know in advance the dates so I can take the time off. This time, they aren’t even going to come see us. They keep talking about how much they are going to miss seeing my husband (he can’t make it to vacation with us due to work) and how much they look forward to seeing our new house. Well, the Colorado vacation got cut short by 3 days (looonnng story) and I suggested that they spend those three days with us. It’s a NO. ARGHHH. My husband is trying to be all “screw them” but I know it’s killing him. I believe after we see them, we will be writing them a letter to let them know how we feel (Michael said he wanted to write it, but I suggested that I help since I will ultimately keep him from saying something that goes too far)

@Ushkii…love all the game playing – some of my best memories are built around those types of games (except sequence…don’t like that game at all). Glad your garden survived.
    @Newbies…welcome. Like RobinsEgg said, come back often. Most of us are pretty active on this thread but not on our own (although summer seems to be a bit slower than the rest of the year – we must all be enjoying the wonderful warmth).
    @Toots…Hello! Settling into your new routine with the kids?
    @Robin…nice seeing your smiling face again. Sounds like you had a great vacation but wish your health issues were getting better. We head to Colorado on the 17th. Estes Park was one of the options for us to stay, but we ended up reserving a place in Breckenridge instead.

AFM…The kids had music lessons yesterday and then we headed to my Mom’s. Her old phone died (it was actually less than 3 months old and the techs couldn’t figure out what was wrong, so they ended up sending her a new phone) so she needed my help setting it up. After that, we ran home and I almost sat down. But instead, I went to the gym and got on the bike and the treadmill. Glad I did – always feel better afterwards.

Tuesday – Lift - DONE PLUS CARDIO
    Wednesday – Cardio - DONE
    Thursday – Lift
    Saturday – Lift
    Sunday – rest

Have a great day!