Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,975 Member
    Options
    @campfirequeen1 I am HORRIBLE at housekeeping. The only way I get anything done is divide it into small sections; such as, I will clean just the one end/corner of the table, or this one drawer. Then I get a reward; such as 15 min of computer game play or one episode of my fav show. Good luck!
    <3 Rach
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth ... getting ready to head to the doctors office for a routine 4-month checkup and spent the morning getting my notes and records together for him. Made me realize that I haven't been as focused on my health issues the past 6 weeks as I had the previous 8 before then.

Then I read an article by one of my favorite bloggers, James Clear. This one talked about FOCUS and how difficult it is to stay on track with our goals. Here's something he shared that was reportedly a tactic employed by Warren Buffet that I am going to attempt this week ...
    1. make a list of 25 things you want to accomplish this week.
    2. choose 5 of those as your priority
    3. for the rest of the week, ignore the 20 you didn't choose and work only on the 5 your did select.

Like you, @campfirequeen1 and @MermaidPrincessRach ... I have a hard time keeping up with my housework. Seems like the cobwebs and dust bunnies gather and grow all around me while I spend my time on pursuits that have me looking straight ahead instead of down and around. That's not the way I want to live. That's not 'who' I am. Guess you can tell what topics will be part of my list of 25 and 5 to do.
    ;)
  • pinkstarberry
    pinkstarberry Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Friday fitness: The past couple weeks have been mostly cold and rainy and today is no exception. It's really putting a damper on my morning walks and a couple times this week I've had to cancel my walk or I headed out while it was clear but had to head back early since it started raining. I know this means I need to conquer my anxiety of the gym but lately I've been in a low mood and at times like these, it nearly feels impossible. I've lost a fair amount of weight since I initially signed up at the gym but I still feel "too fat" to be seen there, even though I know that's silly and no one would be paying attention to my size anyway. It's the first step that's always the hardest and I'm really struggling to make the gym a habit...

I don't want to end this on a bad note so I'll post a NSV I was pretty happy about the other day... I'm able to wear more and more of my old clothing and I'm definitely noticing the "paper towel effect" lately, where each 5-10 lbs is much more noticeable now. I was able to fit into some size 14 jeans and the old size 12 (stretched to size 16) jeans I've been wearing lately are getting loose. I also fit into some nice tops and sweaters mom sent for Christmas last year that were too small to even attempt trying on at the time I opened them.

Also MFP estimates I'll be in Onederland in Nov, so I'll keep my fingers crossed and keep working hard :) I need to clean up my diet a bit, as it's been a little wonky with having some friends visit recently, and I need to conquer my gym anxiety if I want to keep progressing on my journey... I'll need all the motivation I can get :blush:
  • Elizabeth2360
    Elizabeth2360 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Friday fitness today it is going to involve more house painting and cleaning for sure.

I need to call Y may sure we are set up. Should be good to go.

Surgery is the 24th Monday! Coming right up but i will want to use the Y after wards.

Food part is good experience some hungrier trying to bring up my food intake some cause of my size cutting your calories in half at once going to be hungry. But my other numbers protein gets high. carbs are good but I can do better .

Liz
    Idaho
  • drogurl28
    drogurl28 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Truth Thursday: I want Long John Silver fried shrimp and fish, hush puppies, fries, and pineapple cheesecake. The truth is I want to eat and eat.

Fitness Friday: I downloaded a step tracker and I've been logging my steps
  • Nikion901
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Friday Fitness ... the best I did today was to exceed 30 minutes of my morning exercises. Had plan to do some housecleaning activity in the afternoon but got distracted by my research into 2017 Medicare Advantage Plans for us senior citizens. My goal is to have a decision made by election day. However I do need to get myself moving on the big clean that gets much too little of my attention.

@drogurl28 ... ok, I'll bite. You've mentioned twice how much you love to eat ... I think most of us do. However I was wondering if you know why it is that you love to eat as much as you do? For me, I really only have that super drive to eat when I eat sweet food ... even a teaspoon of raisins or one dried apricot can set me off. :)

@Elizabeth2360 ... best of luck on the 24th.

@pinkstarberry ... I have given up on joining gyms just because I don't stick with it and then I feel guilty over spending the money for it and not using it. So I do 'free' exercises. However, I can relate to your feelings of insecurity about a gym. So many people who go there are already buff, but seriously; I think everyone who goes is too much into their own business for being there to really pay much attention to anyone else. ... and if they don't then it's their bad.

• RachaelPooh
    Options
    @ Nikion901 I love <3 your profile pic! It's the lyrics of a famous Animals song, right? Do I understand you?
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Saturdays here, never thought I would make it. Bad eating week, bad exercise week bad scale week, bad attitude week. Walked 3 days. Got sucked into a work lunch meeting at a Chinese buffet and it's been all downhill. I spent all week at work finding ways to not make a measurement and all my evenings researching and laying awake worrying. Someone promised something they shouldn't have and didn't understand. I'm on the hook. Stressed, not walking, eating crazy. It stops now.

I got on a FB group for gastric sleeve. Some good, some bad some confusing. I meet with the surgeon Friday and send my paperwork in for approval. Or I don't. I still feel like I need to do it. But I'm having doubts. I also feel like I am sabotaging myself. That this week wasn't just about work. Maybe I'm wrong but.....
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    It's a bad day for me painwise. It's not be a stellar week either, my food choices get poor when the pain and stress get high. I'm just stopping in to say hi and let you guys know I'm thinking of you.
    @MermaidPrincessRach You are a smart cookie. I had been admiring Niki's profile pic but hadn't clicked on it to see what it said. I'm a child of the 60s, having graduated from HS at the age of 17 in 1966. The Animals were so hot back then, and you weren't even a glimmer yet!
    @Nikion901 You are so right, you need to know the thing or things that set you off.
    @Pneschich I had to face your decision back years ago. I know how hard it is and all I can say is that I'm praying for you to make the best decision for you. It is scary, it is a big decision, and it's going to take a huge effort on your part either way. Back when I considered it there wasn't a lot of clinical trials studies of "after surgery results" but now there should be on the Medline Plus site. Of course reading those studies is not a walk in the park, even for a clinical trials professional, and you have to understand that sometimes the group doing the study sometimes has a lot to gain or lose by it's outcome, so their assessment of it is not completely without bias, so it may not be the best approach to making a good decision for yourself. I wish I could tell you that there is an easy answer. This is what it always comes down to for me, go with your gut. I say God put your gut feeling there to protect you and you need to let it guide you, after all is said and done. I believe that I made the right decision for me, based on my gut feeling. I'm still fighting the weight battle but I'm doing it on my own terms, not on those that can't be changed. I believe you will make the right decision too, because you are both mindful and realistic and I will be here rooting for whichever way you choose to go!
  • Nikion901
    Options
    @MermaidPrincessRach and @campfirequeen1 ...thank for liking my profile picture. I put that one there after the ranting I did in giving advice to @pneschich after he asked for advice on something .... :)

Yes, Rach, it's a song by 'Animals', and I'm just a bit ahead of you Campqueen ... I graduated high School in 1963 but definitely jumped on the bandwagon of hippiedom, leaving the beatnik stage behind when I discovered Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen and all that good music that blew me away. What can I say, I'm still a 'flowerchild' ... peace and love.
    Niki
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Awww @Nikion901 and @campfirequeen1 - you both are women after my heart. I'm slightly younger than you both, having graduated HS in '73, but I'm right there with you. Still a flower child at heart and loooove the music!
  • Elizabeth2360
    Elizabeth2360 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I graduated in 1979 HS
  • pneschich
    Options
    @Nikion901 I recall no ranting, Leonard Cohen is great one of my favorites. Dylan; I appreciate his place in the universe. I appreciate a point of view. Everyone's perspective is different. That's why I come here. That and the catharsis it offers with folks who heading to a common goal.
  • RachaelPooh
    Options
    Since we are sharing hs graduation ... C/o '99!
    But I would have loved to be around in the 60s and 70s!
  • pneschich
    Options
    Sunday share: it's going to be a better week. Did my shopping and prep. Even grilled sone "emergency "chicken for lunches and crazy nights. Peppers and pineapple cleaned and cot up for snacks and lunch and a lightly smoked tomato sauce ready for a quick diner. Still fighting my attitude but the more mechanical I make following my plan the less a piss poor attitude affects me. t8rtuet05jdo.jpg
    o4jxw73cicki.jpg

Ready for the food processor
    Everyone's happy when I cook even the vegetarian
  • pneschich
    Options
  • RachaelPooh
    Options
    Too funny @pneschich ! Is the tortoise "the vegetarian? What kind is he? Pet or wild? Does he have a name?
    <3 Rach
  • pneschich
    Options
    @MermaidPrincessRach He is a Leopard Tortoise and he is the vegetarian. His name is Tortuga. Doesn't bark, doesn't dig, doesn't need walks, he is the perfect pet, until if goes below 55, or you plant Hibiscus. He lives in the garage when it's cold and he isn't happy about it. He will eat a Hibiscus to the ground in an afternoon. Tortoise, ahem, excrement is bigger and fouler than a Rottweiler's it stinks of urea. He seems to produce it as a sign of displeasure when moved to his winter accommodations. No idea how old he is, we have had him for 7 years. They can live 70 or more.
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    @pneschich - looks like you're fully prepared for the week. Good for you! And I'm thinking Tortuga may not need regular walks, but he can still be a helpful part of your daily exercise program. Tortuga can be your "weight" for all your weight training exercises. You know - arm swings, chest presses, squats - all while holding your tortoise. Tortuga + Dad bonding time ;-) (Hmmm... do tortoises get motion sick? ;-))

Sunday share for me: I have this intense burning searing ripping pain on my left front side, expanding toward the back. Dr diagnosed shingles last week, altho there's no rash (yet). It's truly brutal! It so happens I'm also scheduled for a routine mammogram tomorrow morning. Under the circumstances I've been contemplating rescheduling the mammogram (I mean really... getting squished in that machine is sooo not gonna be fun right now!), but... I also want to make sure that the pain I'm experiencing isn't something even more serious than shingles. (Two women very dear to me are currently battling breast cancer - the first symptoms one of them experienced was a weird rash and pain... ) So I'm gonna do it tomorrow morning. I plan to be heavily medicated on painkillers for the occasion. I'm not a whiner, but truly - for the first time in my life I'm afraid of a mammogram. Ugh... think of me tomorrow morning and send positive vibrations, please.
  • pneschich
    Options
    Tortoises make lousy workout partners. They hiss and pee on you.