Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• sand86802
    sand86802 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Here is my first week challenge. That week includes a cold and an increase of Metformin (I take it for PCOS) that both left me with little will to eat. At least loosing weight wasnt too hard this week.
  • sand86802
    sand86802 Posts: 125 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Name : Helene
    Height: 5 ft 4

Start weight (feb 22) : 294.8
    Goal weight (April 22) : 280 (maybe slightly ambitious but we will see)

Feb 22: 294.8
    March 1:290.6
    March 8:
    March 15:
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    April 22:

Weight +/- this week-4.2lbs
    Weight +/- this month

(Somehow it didnt post the first time)
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Name: Niki
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 242.5
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 232

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 242.5
    March 1: 242
    March 8:
    March 15:**
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week:-0,5
    Weight -/+ this month:-0.5
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Wednesday Wish ... that I had done better this week; and not just on the weight loss front.
    Still, I am certain I'll get back in the saddle now that I made the lasagna I have been craving for a longer than a year. I knew I could make one that was 'skinnied down', by using skim milk ricotta instead of full fat, by passing the mozzarella and using unsalted crushed tomatoes instead of pasta sauce ... but ... I made the decision to lighten it only by using a mixed vegetable layer in place of a meat one. A single serving falls right into my macro's ... a s.i.n.g.l.e. serving ... not the 4 I had over the course of the day ... yep, it was Lasagna for all my meals. At least there were vegetables in it, and I did also eat 3.65 oz of lettuce and a granny smith apple!.

Now that my lasagna blow-out is past, all the rest of the slices, 8 of em, are wrapped up and frozen to be dolled out on a rationed basis ... one at a time.

@naceto ... I remember you, glad to hear all is going so well for you.
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,962 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    February 22, 2017 2:55PM
    Name: Rachael (aka Rach or Mermaid)
    Height: 66"

Start Weight: 293.0 (W Feb 22)
    Goal Weight: <285.0 (A Apr 22)

Weigh-ins on Wednesdays
    February 22: 293.0
    March 1: 290.6
    March 8:
    March 15: **
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

**birthday week

Weight -/+ this week: -2.4 B)
    Weight -/+ challenge total: -2.4 :star:
  • Snap___Dragon
    Snap___Dragon Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Name: Snap Dragon
    Height: 5'4.5"

Start Weight: 210 (week of Feb 22)
    Goal Weight: 205 (Week of April 22)

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 210
    March 1: 210
    March 8:
    March 15:
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week: 0
    Weight -/+ this month: 0

Another week of maintenance, I guess. I'll take it! Off to a day of subbing high school gym, lol. Should be fun. I'll try to check in tonight!
  • gullagr
    gullagr Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Name: Rachel
    Height:5'6"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 208.8 lbs
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 194 lbs

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 208.8 lbs
    March 1: 205.0 lbs
    March 8:
    March 15:
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week: -3.8 lbs
    Weight -/+ this month: -3.8 lbs

So excited to be getting close to wONEderland!
  • Misnomer971
    Misnomer971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    @pneschich - What did your blood work show? I hope you got some answers, and that you're feeling like yourself again!

@campfirequeen1 - I do the exact same thing when it comes to logging: if it isn't easy for me to estimate the calories, I simply won't bother. Congratulations on getting better about that!

@Dalceridae - 50 pounds! Way to go!! Sorry to hear about the pain, though. How frustrating.

@susan2396 - YAY! Congratulations!! I remember how it felt a couple of months ago when I was able to fit into a pair of size 16 jeans after many years of 20/22. Reminding myself that I'm wearing smaller jeans definitely helps keep me going when I feel like I'm making zero progress.

I've made some good progress since last week, but I'm not going to change my challenge goal just yet: I tend to have loooong plateaus, and I was at 210 forever. If I hit 205 sooner than expected I'll definitely update my goal, but I'm not gonna hold my breath...especially since I'm planning to have Korean fried chicken (and frozen yogurt) for lunch today, and will be going out for dinner on Friday. :)

Name: Jenny
    Height: 5'3

Start Weight: 210 (week of Feb 22)
    Goal Weight: 205 (Week of April 22)

Weigh-ins on week of
    02/22: 210
    03/01: 206
    03/08:
    03/15:
    03/22:
    03/29:
    04/05:
    04/12:
    04/19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week: -4
    Weight -/+ this month: -4
  • mickey2942
    mickey2942 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Just tired of being judged based on wieght, it is a downer. Even when you try to get fit, there are looks and comments at the gym.

Just down.
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Name: Ana
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22): 208.3
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22)197.0

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 208.3
    March 1: 203.3
    March 8:
    March 15:
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week: -5
    Weight -/+ this month:

@mickey2942 I know is hard when people are negative but don't let them annoy you. What we are doing requires a lot of personal strength and motivation and that talks highly of all of us. We should all be proud .... don't let anyone take that away. Keep going!
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Wednesday wish. I wish you all well

Got my blood work back. It's great. I'm just tired. I took today off, went to mass this morning and have done nothing. Nothing is hard! Read some, tried to take a nap but the dog decided to "check" on me. One big cold nose followed by 80 pounds of tongue and tail, wagged and licked and squeaky toy burrowed their way under the covers to demand attention, actually I think I was in his daytime spot and he wanted me to move because that's where he is now.

I'm having an Eyore kind of day. Oh bother, it doesn't matter... I want to eat but it's the boredom. I'm not hungry. Old habits and dying hard comes to mind. I want peanut butter and chocolate, going to have a Powerade zero, the blue one. Haven't lost a pound in a week. I know I'm normalizing and I lost 18 pounds in the two and a half weeks prior but it doesn't matter. I want to see success. Irrational but human.

One of my aunts called to check in and see how I was doing, she told me how brave it was to make the decision to get the surgery. It was great.
  • Nikion901
    Options
    pneschich wrote: »
    Wednesday wish. I wish you all well

Got my blood work back. It's great. I'm just tired. I took today off, went to mass this morning and have done nothing. Nothing is hard! Read some, tried to take a nap but the dog decided to "check" on me. One big cold nose followed by 80 pounds of tongue and tail, wagged and licked and squeaky toy burrowed their way under the covers to demand attention, actually I think I was in his daytime spot and he wanted me to move because that's where he is now.

I'm having an Eyore kind of day. Oh bother, it doesn't matter... I want to eat but it's the boredom. I'm not hungry. Old habits and dying hard comes to mind. I want peanut butter and chocolate, going to have a Powerade zero, the blue one. Haven't lost a pound in a week. I know I'm normalizing and I lost 18 pounds in the two and a half weeks prior but it doesn't matter. I want to see success. Irrational but human.

One of my aunts called to check in and see how I was doing, she told me how brave it was to make the decision to get the surgery. It was great.

So happy for you @pneschich ... that everything is going well and that you are happy with your decision and it's progressing outcome.

Yes, it was brave to make a decision ... any decision. Take it from this old lady who agonizes to make any decision when there are too many options to choose from! ... it is also very brave to continue the battle of the bulge via unmodulated calorie restriction ... just keep eating the foods that are the best and healthiest for you, no matter which way you are doing it. The real culprit, in most cases, is our inability to control the craving beast and that just takes a lot of practice and behavior modification .... like Pavlo's dog ... we are trained by what we do over and over.
  • gullagr
    gullagr Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Stumbled across this today and found it to be a funny way to compare your successes. Apparently I have lost the equivalent of a dolphin's brain :)
    http://ilostwhat.com/
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I should have weighed today but it was diuretic day and I was just in such a hurry to get some food in before I could get rid of all the fluid, and I couldn't wait to finish getting rid of it before I did my weigh in, so I still have some fluid on and breakfast too. I will weigh in tomorrow morning first thing and hope that there is a loss. I can't tell by this mornings weight before the diuretic started flushing the weight away!
  • Nikion901
    Options
    @campfirequeen1 ... I hear you! ... and I know exactly what you mean regarding diuretic day. It's a good thing I reported my weight yesterday, because it I were to do it today I would be up a pound instead of down a half ... just hope everything normalized before I need to report to the other challenges I'm on that have me weighing in later in the week. Depressing crappohoolza!
  • JeanieWww
    JeanieWww Posts: 4,037 Member
    Options
    Name: Jeanie
    Height:5'2"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 262.4
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 250

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 262.4
    March 1: 258.6
    March 8:
    March 15:
    March 22:
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:
  • descene
    descene Posts: 97 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I had a tough week just in terms of weight loss. After the Valentines day box of stuff I shouldn't be eating, the scale said I gained 3lbs (though as cliché as it sounds, I'm certain some of it was water because I KNOW that binge only brought me 1500 cal above) but after the initial gain the scale showed me at the same weight for five days straight and finally the scale started budging again. As of today, I'm back making progress where I last left off and I'm SO RELIEVED. I'm feeling so much better, especially since I usually don't push past the first real setback in a weight loss attempt so I feel a renewed motivation to keep going.
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,962 Member
    Options
    Thanks @gullagr ! It said i lost a car tire :lol: lol
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 211 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @gullagr what fun! I lost 76 bananas! LOL :smile: At first that didn't sounds like much but then I visualized hanging 76 bananas off my body and it seemed like a lot more and gave me quite a chuckle.
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    It seems that I lost both a 2mos old horse and an ostrich egg. I really must be more careful with those critters - lol.