Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Thanks for the wonderful challenge that inspire me to push myself and lose those 18lbs! I can definitely feel the difference!!

Now I need to get ready for the next one ... I had a great vacation but unfortunately I came back with the flu and I am in bed :(

I will weight in once I can make it to gym sometime this week ... i don't trust much the scale at home.

Hope you all have a great week ... keep strong with your journey towards health!!
  • jam5660
    jam5660 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have been stuck weight wise for the last 18 days. I get so frustrated when this happens. I have been trying to mentally count the NSVs but when today after eating out yesterday 2x (though I stayed under calorie goal) I saw a rise on the scale this morning and I get frustrated all over again. But onward and downward because quiting now definitely won't see a positive change on that scale. Now to hunt down my water bottle and plan some extra fiber intake to combat yesterday's indulgence!! Praying for a "Whoosh" before Wednesday's weigh in.
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @MermaidPrincessRach i was a very serious windsurfer until i had back surgery (and kids). I used to sail out to the ship channel and spend hours sailing. 230 lbs is my "I'm pretty sure I can self rescue weight". No one tell my wife it's my "pretty sure" and not my "absolutely positive" weight please.

Learn to surf weight 200! Just fyi
  • gullagr
    gullagr Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    So I went AWOL for a few of weeks - but I'm back!! I hope everyone is doing well and staying motivated :) So glad to see all of the continuous support that everyone has been providing - I've missed reading 200+ posts so I don't know whether I'll be able to fully catch up.

April has not been a good month for me to say the least!! For lack of a better word, let's call it an unhealthy "bender". It started with a very busy (and stressful) pre-vacation week at work. Early mornings and late evenings at the office meant that the gym got 100% wiped from my schedule. This, followed by a week's vacation visiting family (including more than my fair share of eating/drinking), made it very difficult to get back into my routine this past week. I still haven't gotten 100% back on track but I'll keep working to make smaller changes this week to get back into my healthy living routine.

The upside of this break is that although I haven't seen a drop in the scales this month like I would have liked to, I also didn't see a crazy upswing! Apart from the week I was away, I kept track of my weight which I think still helped to keep me in check even if I wasn't in my regular routine. Another upside is that my venture back into the 200s was short lived!

Pre-"bender": ~ 198
    Pre-vacation: ~202
    Post-vacation: ~199
    Now: 197.4

I missed out on the last couple of weeks of the Earth Day challenge and would have missed my goal by ~3 lbs. But I found it to be a great motivator and I'm so glad to see that there is another one in the works. Thanks to @MermaidPrincessRach for proposing it and @sand86802 for managing it (or at least I think that's how it is working based on my skim through the posts haha). So here is my initial weight in based on my records from last week and I'll pop up this week's on Wednesday.

Ready for Summer 10 week challenge

Name: Rachel
    Height: 5'6"

Start Weight (week of April 19): 199.4 lbs
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 185 lbs (aka out of obesity)

Weigh in week of:
    (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    1. April 26 -
    2. May 3 -
    3. May 10 -
    4. May 17 -
    5. May 24 -
    6. May 31 -
    7. June 7 -
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1 -

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ total:
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    sand86802 wrote: »
    @Nikion901 after going through the thread to record all participants and their starting entry, I have a new found appreciation for all your work on the previous challenge! I will try to live up to your example! Thank you so muh for your hard work!

Thanks Helene ... and I just noticed this morning that there was an error in my total calculations yesterday. As a group, we actually lost a total of 124.40 pounds (for the 13 who had final weight reports by Saturday, Earth Day ... which means our Baker's Dozen group actually lost 3.8% of our starting weight!. ... :wink:

• birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Name: Birgit
    Height: 6'0"

SW: 193.6 (weigh-in post Easter/Mom's visit not QUITE as bad as I feared. Up only 2.6 lbs, instead of 4lbs)
    GW: between 182 &185 (which will be "healthy BMI" and maintenance range

April 26:
    May 3:
    May10:
    May 17:
    May 24:
    May 31:
    June 7:
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    July 1:

Weight +/- this week:
    Weight +/- total:
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling good today and I'm happy to report that I seem to be over the sodium problem finally, but then I'm on my last day of this round of steroids, so I should be back to normal again in a few days all the way around and that isn't good in all areas. I'm kind of dreading it, because the prednisone also makes me joint pain from walking go away, so getting those daily steps in won't me quite so easy anymore. Yesterday I actually reached beyond 10K steps for the day (I'm walking about 7K/day on average right now), because it was the last day of the step challenge and I wanted to win it. I had been in second place all week and won second last week, so I wanted to add another trophy, which I haven't had for a good long while...so here's hoping that when the tally is done that this uncomfortable right knee will at least be a winner!
    Doing well with my water consumption, so I'm planning on being in much better shape by summer.
    It's exciting to see all the new folks joining our merry band , welcome to you all, and good to see @gullagr Rachel back with us and still doing well in Onederland!
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Barely squeaked through today. Having a party at work on night shift so tomorrow's total might not be so good
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    One of the groups I'm a member of is having a nutrition challenge this week .. Monday thru Sunday. It's based on getting in your WHO recommendation for produce in a day which is 400 grams per day for healthy adults under the age of 50, and slightly less for those over the age of 65. For the challenge, it was specified as 160 grams coming from fruit and the remaining 240 grams coming from vegetables (which include the pulses and beans). Normally, I try to eat 3 portions of vegetables and 2 fruits in a day ... that's been my norm for many years ... you know the "Take Five" or "Five A Day" campaign? (actually, they broke it down to lightweight grams to ounces equivelents for the challenge and specified 6 ounces of fruit and 9 ounces of vegetable for the competition to make up the 5 servings a day)

Well, yesterday I only had 2 servings of each, (which is correct for my 72 year old body), But then, I decided that I would weigh what I had eaten ... and since I had exactly the same portions sitting on the kitchen counter or in the fridge ... I weighed em out .... AND .... It turns out I had SEVEN hefty servings in my 4 portions of fruits and vegetables! :s

That banana? it is a 'medium' banana measuring (7" to 7-7/8" long) for 105 calories was actually 2 servings cause it weight 7.5 ounces.
    That apple? Well, it weighed in at 5.5 ounces ... which is darn close to 2 servings! ... Yikes!!! :#:o:s
    And, that tomato? It was a whopping 6.6 ounces ... Yep, 2 servings!. (Well, actually, I only had half of it on my sandwich, but then gobbled up the other half out of hand!)

So, the only 'vegetable' I had that came right in on it's weights and measures what the half cup of garbanzo beans that I used as a protein source last evening. It's half cup weighted exactly 3 ounces! :D

Hmmm --- think I'll go separate the solids from the broth in that yellow peas and mixed vegetable soup I made this morning to measure AND weigh them out to see what I'm getting in my 1 cup of soup! o:)
    Niki

PS ...did I ever mention that I hate, yes - hate, the spelling completion aspects of my computer! I'm not going back and fixing the 'typos' today ... so please read through them!
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 211 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Please add me. I didn't realize you were compiling already! :blush:

Name: Barb
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (week of April 19): 226.2 lbs
    Goal Weight (week of June 28) 210 lbs
    Weigh in week of:

1. April 26 -
    2. May 3 -
    3. May 10 -
    4. May 17 -
    5. May 24 -
    6. May 31 -
    7. June 7 -
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ total:

I think I'm being quite ambitious but since this challenge is two weeks longer than the last one, I'm challenging myself to getting to 210. I would really like to be under 200 by August 6 when I go back to my hometown for a vacation. I've lost the first 31 and if I can get at least close to 200 that would be great!
  • reichardtjessica
    reichardtjessica Posts: 89 Member
    Options

Name: Jessica Reichardt
    Height: 5'7

Start Weight (week of April 19): 293.6
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 275

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26 -289.6
    2. May 3 -
    3. May 10 -
    4. May 17 -
    5. May 24 -
    6. May 31 -
    7. June 7 -
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -

Weight -/+ this week: 4 lbs
    Weight -/+ total:

• newjax2017
    newjax2017 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    I have never posted , but i have been reading this lovely thread today. I think it is a great idea. How may i ask about joining you on this new challenge (oh heck, i am even worried about finding this thread again : )
    ? I started at 106 kgs, lost 14 so far but i am afraid i am losing momentum :(
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    @newjax2017 - hi and welcome! To favorite this thread just hit the star on the top right of the screen next to the name of the thread. Then when you go to the community page, tap on the star on the menu and then tap on the thread name. If someone mentions you in a post, there will be a number next to the bell on the menu. When you tap on it, it will. Show you where the mention(s) are an when you tap on the mention, take you to that post. Just copy and paste the template for the challenge and fill in your info. Then post, and we will add you to the challenge.
  • newjax2017
    newjax2017 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!
    Now to figure out how to copy and paste the template ?
    If not I can always write it out :) at leas I will get started this way,
    Thank you again and good luck to all
  • FourLynne62
    FourLynne62 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I am 54
    Goal weight: 150lbs

Weigh-ins:
    4-23-2017: 233lbs
    4-30-2017: TBD

Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? It can be weight related or not, can be realistic or not)

I wish I could have three more wishes.
  • dmorrical
    dmorrical Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Name: Desi Morrical
    Height: 5'5

Start Weight (week of April 19): 333
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 313

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26 -330.6
    2. May 3 -
    3. May 10 -
    4. May 17 -
    5. May 24 -
    6. May 31 -
    7. June 7 -
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -

Weight -/+ this week: 2.4 lbs
    Weight -/+ total
  • jam5660
    jam5660 Posts: 126 Member
    Options

Name: Jennie
    Height: 5' 3

Start Weight (week of April 19): 224
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 214

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26 - 223.2
    2. May 3 -
    3. May 10 -
    4. May 17 -
    5. May 24 -
    6. May 31 -
    7. June 7 -
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -

Weight -/+ this week: -.8
    Weight -/+ total: -.8

I'LL take it, even if it's not the 2lb I wished for, at least it's down!! And it is -2.8lb down from monday, so yes I will definitely take it!!
  • Smithbat
    Smithbat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    HI all, I am new on here and have struggled with my weight all my life. I am currently at my heaviest, I know I can lose it but I am struggling to stick to WW or SW.

Today is my dd's 18th birthday and I want to be able to go to her uni graduation in 3 years not looking like I do now. I have taken up cycling and I love it, I am taking part in a 100k cycle event for charity at the end of May and I am determined to complete it. In all, I would ideally like to lose 120lb over the next three years. I can and will do this!!!!!!

So, please add me

Name: Nicky
    Height: 5'2"

SW: 273
    GW: 260 (Guide camp)

April 26:273
    May 3:
    May10:
    May 17:
    May 24:
    May 31:
    June 7:
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    July 1:

Weight +/- this week:
    Weight +/- total:
  • Lipsmahoney
    Lipsmahoney Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    11 months _May2, 2016 to April 2017
    pounds lost 86 lbs (ton of muscle gains) 20% body fat currently
    inches lost - 11 " chest
    -14" waist
    -16"hips
    -5"thigh
    still have 15-20 more I want to lose. This is gonna be a slow go for the last few:)
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,951 Member
    Options

Name: Rachael
    Height: 5' 6"

Start Weight (week of April 19): 292.3
    Goal Weight (Saturday, July 1st): <285.0 (<280 even better but i am cautious due to my failure of the earth day challenge)

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26: 290.8
    2. May 3:
    3. May 10:
    4. May 17:
    5. May 24:
    6. May 31:
    7. June 7:
    8. June 14:
    9. June 21:
    10. June 28: