Replies

• campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Name: Holly
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (April 22): 264
    Goal Weight (July 1): 254
    (I have two vacations and two holidays in this time frame. If I meet the first goal prior to the end, I will rechallenge myself then)

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26 - 259
    2. May 3 -
    3. May 10 -
    4. May 17 -
    5. May 24 -
    6. May 31 -
    7. June 7 -
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1 -

Weight -/+ this week: -5
    Weight -/+ total: -5

WOW! I'm so happy to be back fully on my program, compliant and seeing the weight come off again! I don't expect to see this kind of loss every week and it's really not healthy to lose that much in a week, but a lot of mine is still getting off the excess fluid I was carrying around. I'm so thrilled to be in a new decade FINALLY!.
    I'm fully off steroids now for a few days and hunger is back to normal but so is pain level. However, I guess given the choice of manageable hunger or pain free walking, weight loss is the best for everything, so I grudgingly would choose the manageable hunger. But hey, there is no choice here so manageable hunger it is anyway! LOL

@birgitkwood Birgit told me last year to just keep up the walking and the knees would stop hurting so much eventually. I'm not sure I think my six year older, arthritic body will respond as hers did, but I still have hope. She's my shining example in this thing because she has found her way to onederland and a healthy BMI with her persistence, logging and walking. Thanks Birgit!
    @Nikion901 -Niki, I read your post. I'm glad you posted it. I am going to private message you because I feel the same about my past and I don't want to make an already long post even longer but I want you to know that we are pretty much sisters of the heart!
  • campfirequeen1
    Options
    @Nikion901 - for some reason the system will not let me message you. It did that the other day with someone else too. Sorry, I really wanted to share my story with you, but I guess you'll just have to go with I understand how you feel and I often feel exactly the same about growing old alone and how I got to where I am all these years after my divorce. I try as I'm sure you do to focus on the haves rather than the have nots, the blessings, the being where I need to be even if it isn't where I would like to be, etc! Keep posting my friend, I love to read them!
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    @campfirequeen and nikion901. : I totally get it. I am in the same boat. Although I have a house full with my kids and grandkids here, I am still lonely for companionship that I once had in marriage. Some days are tougher than others.

NSV. Despite being distressed yesterday I was able to walk out of the mall without stopping at purdy's for some chocolate. It was REALLY hard!!
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Ready for Summer 10 week challenge

Name: Tracy
    Height: 5'2"

Start Weight (week of April 19 or 26): 195
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 180
    I will weigh on Wednesdays:

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26 - 192.2
    2. May 3
    3. May 10
    4. May 17
    5. May 24
    6. May 31
    7. June 7
    8. June 14
    9. June 21
    10. June 28
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1

Weight -/+ this week: -2.8
    Weight -/+ total: -2.8

On Monday I woke up to a 4 lb gain over Sunday. For someone with Congestive Heart Failure, that is BAD NEWS. Called my doctor and they doubled my Lasiks dose. Tuesday morning around 2 am I started having chest pain and difficulty breathing so I drove myself to the ER. They loaded me up with more Lasiks and dried me out like a prune. No heart attack, thank God! When I got home, I had lost 5 lbs from Monday morning, so I guess the Lasiks worked. Had an Echocardiogram done Wed, when I weighed Wed morning had lost another lb. Did my official weigh in at the CardRehab office and despite the difference between my home scale and the office scale, still lost a respectable 2.8 lbs! Of course that MIGHT be water weight but then again, I've been good on my diet so maybe not. I'll take it. Turns out I'm going to have to have an implantable defibrillator put in since my heart still has not strengthened enough. <sigh> oh well!
    Consistency and vigilance are the words for this challenge for me, along with "KEEP THAT BODY MOVING"!
    Tracy
    TX
  • e911dispatch
    e911dispatch Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I need help. 45 female out of control . Current weight 265. Diabetic
  • JeanieWww
    JeanieWww Posts: 4,037 Member
    Options
    I'm still out of town, house sitting. Probably will be for another week. *sigh* Oh well, I'll start back on diet and exercise when I get back. Feeling like a looser, and not the good kind, at the moment.
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    @e911dispatch - you've taken the first step. Keep moving forward now - learn to track your food, even if you're ashamed of what you ate. You have to learn your patterns and triggers if you are to change them for the better. Keep coming back to this thread, because we are here to support each other. We have all-each and every one of us - been where you are now. Decide with your doctor what your carb & sugar and calorie goals should be, or use MFP's recommendations. Then shoot for those goals, but don't beat yourself up if you slide backwards once in awhile. You can't be so hard on yourself that you quit altogether. You can do this!
  • jam5660
    jam5660 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    So I have been busy this week and haven't posted except to chime in on the challenge on wednesday. So Goal Tuesday = my first weight loss goal is to get to 220lb (the lowest weight I can remember being since getting married)
    Wish Wednesday =I wish this going on a month now of being stuck on the same number would end.
    Truth Thursday = working hard, doing it right and not seeing the scale change sucks but pays off!! as of this morning i'm down other 2 lbs and only 1.6 lbs from my 1st goal!!!!!!!
    Fitness Friday = on Wednesday I managed to spend an hour at the gym and spent the whole hour on the elliptical! Got in 15k steps that day! But that is the only day I got to my step goal this week, but I'm not giving up, today is a new day to try!!
  • FourLynne62
    FourLynne62 Posts: 78 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    E911 Dispatch "I need help. 45 female out of control . Current weight 265. Diabetic"

I read your profile. I think many of us get into that rut where we do everything else but take care of ourselves. There is no magic, quick fix diet plan that works (or lasts). I like to think that we need to grab bits and pieces from various plans and make it our own. A lifestyle change. Now there's a truth. I'm starting to build my "plan" that works for me and my lifestyle. I would like to support you, too and we can help each other! I also noticed by your name, you work in the fire and rescue area. I have family that support that field and I'd be honored if I could help you in some small way to achieve your goals. God bless!
  • FourLynne62
    Options
    10% of Starting Weight: 210lbs
    Goal weight: 150lbs

Weigh-ins:
    4-23-2017: 233lbs
    4-30-2017: TBD

Its supposed to be hot this weekend. I wish I had a pool to exercise! My husband is going golfing with a friend on Sunday, so that rules that out. I have not started an exercise plan yet because I'm so new into this losing weight (slow starter though). I did talk with my supervisor and will change my hours so it will give me more time in the evening to devote to exercise now that the weather is kinder. So, that's the plan. Do something next week! And I will start it by walking. Baby steps towards a healthier me!
  • FourLynne62
    Options
    Question: Will you be starting this thread over again for May? If so, how do we find it?
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Fitness Friday. Been a good week for walking. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and yesterday I was over 12,000 steps. Successfully ate solid food at lunch all week and maintained my protein intake. Stalled at 250 on the dot! Almost a week, not fretting. It's going to change by next week. Went out to dinner last night to Gringo's. had or tried to have the Tortilla soup, no rice or tortillas. It was way too salty without the starches.

I told someone about my surgery this week too. One of the soccer moms. I walk during the boys practices. She asked if it was just the walking or if I did something else. I haven't really told anyone outside of family. It was oddly liberating. I don't really care what people think but I prefer not to discuss it. Then my wife joined in and spilled all the details.

Still suffering from a bit of malaise. Eat the wrong thing the wrong way, the wrong temperature, too fast, too much and pay a price. It is getting tiring. Lunch planning is critical, don't want to dump at work.
  • e911dispatch
    e911dispatch Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm jana 45

Current weight 265
    3 months goal is 250

Weigh in is on Wednesdays. Thursday is truth days, my truth is I like food not vegies so much. There I said it lol. I am looking forward to a healthy me. I can do this ! We all can do this !!! Let's kick some fat today! !!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Friday - Fitness (what are you doing to get fit? How are you preparing for weekend eating?
    Getting FIT, for me at the current moment in time is to get control, once again, of snacks. I don't snack on the kinds of food you find in the snack aisle of the grocery store. Usually my snacks are a piece of fruit or vegetable, perhaps with yogurt or cheese, perhaps a sandwich or a glass of milk. All healthy and things that are good to have in your food plan. My issue is that the snacks are too frequent.

I know it's because I have Metabolic Syndrome (Insulin Resistance induced Diabetes 2), and that the reason I am hungry is that I ate within the previous 90 to 120 minutes. The insulin builds up but cannot do its job except to make me feel hungry while the glucose floats about in my blood instead of getting inside the cells where it will get used to fuel my body.

Medication helps, but I know that the way to get past the “snack attack” craving is to do something that will force my body to use the food I have consumed ... and that is to be active after a meal instead of restive. Activity opens up the cells. Another helper is to have a balance of all the macros at every snack ... a moderate amount of carb, a healthy dose of fats, and a serviceable portion of protein.
    :o
    Today I noticed we have some new posters who are starting out on their journey to lose weight. And a question was raised about this thread … It is an open thread located in the Motivation and Support section of the community pages. It does not restart, it just keeps going. That said, some of us join together for activities we call ‘challenges’ that do run for a specified period of time. The way you locate it is to bookmark the thread ... which can be done as a bookmark for your browser or as a "starred" thread within MFP.
    B)
    Here’s a tip for all of you just beginning … weight loss is not linear and your own weight loss won’t respond exactly to what you might expect based on that standby rule of measurement that it takes a deficit or a gain of 3500 calories to make a pound on the scale. (It’s true of fat, not total body weight). The best chance you give yourself to lose the excess weight is to be consistent, both with your intake and your output. Good luck. :)
    Niki

PS ... lest I confuse you ... you DO need to eat less than you currently need so you DO need to take in less food cause you need a deficit to allow your body to use some of your stored energy (your fat, the glucose reserve in your liver), to fuel your body. :|
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    another food party happening at work tonight. ugh. they are killing me. I am going to bring watermelon and my usual yogurt and fruit so the watermelon will be my treat
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi all ! Welcome new joiners ... you are really going to enjoy this group!

I am finally done with my cold ... I was miserable all week ... could hardly leave my bed plus by myself so only my doggies were spoiling me.

I had not been able to weight until today, so below the weigh-in for this week. Since I was able to lose 18lbs last time I hope I can do the same with the challenge that I will be part of the time in Italy ... so not sure how I will workout or the food I will get ... but ready for the challenge for sure!

Summer Challenge

Name: Ana
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (week of April 19): 188.3 lbs
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 170 lbs

Weigh in week of:
    (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    1. April 26 - 183.4
    2. May 3 -
    3. May 10 -
    4. May 17 (*) -
    5. May 24 (*) -
    6. May 31 (*) -
    7. June 7 (*) -
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1 -

Weight -/+ this week: - 4.9
    Weight -/+ total: - 4.9

(*) will be in Italy ... land of wine and gelato :wink:
  • campfirequeen1
    Options
    Friday Fitness- I've been giving this lots of thought today. Right now I only walk. I want to start back with water aerobics, but I've been having a terrible time with being cold with all my clothes on and often having to add on extra layers to stay warm enough, so the thought of getting into an 85 degree pool is not appealing at all. I was wearing yoga pants with my suit to warm my legs some before and I may have to add a rash shirt if I'm going to get back in the pool. I know I need to do some strength/weight training, because it's important as you age to be as strong as possible and to help fend off bone loss, so I've been thinking about seeing the trainer to work out a little program for me.

I'm also thinking of adding some calories. I've been so tired and a little dizzy, and I think my calories may be too low. My TDEE is between 2300 and 2600 depending on the formula and I'm only eating 1200 cal/day, I think that is the culprit. If I didn't have health problems that require me losing the weight, I would work on resetting my BMR and just go with a 5-10% deficit each day, but I don't have a year to hang out at this weight to achieve metabolism reset, so I'm thinking because I'm walking a lot more steps per day now, I need to up my calories in order to keep my organs healthy! Eating more is a little scary but I think my body will thank me!
  • campfirequeen1
    Options
    I have a question for the group, do any of you use the premium MFP and do you find it worth it? What are the advantages? I would like to track some things in grams and you need premium to do that. I don't even know what the cost is but before I decide I just wanted to see what you guys think about it.

Wow, lots of new folks, and I say WELCOME! Glad to see you! Post when you can and join in as much as you can, it makes it so interesting!