Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Re week ...

Not that it matters ... but just to let you know, when I compiled The EarthDay Challenge, I took all the weights that came in by Sunday night and used them in my Monday calculations for what results to announce. But you ladies are absolutely right ... as long as there is only 1 weigh in per person during the 7 days you are tracking, it doesn't really matter.

The original challenge started on a Wednesday, and I weigh myself on Wednesday for it ... but everyone weighs in on a different day so a cutoff had to be put somewhere. I went with how we have our days listed on page 1 of this thread where the suggested topics are listed in case you want to post and don't know what to say. (that list starts on Monday and ends on Sunday).

What a great effort for everyone this first week of the challenge. I only have 2 more days before I weigh-in, so I'd better be really careful with my habits. :)

edited to remove quote
  • davenfarts88
    davenfarts88 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My name is Ashley and I'm a little unsure how this goes but I'm 30 and at 278 I have been try commited to my weight loss and healthy life for 19 days I've been eating around 1000 calories a day I'm drinking tons of water and enjoying baked meats and tons of veggies I was at 274 yesterday and down 11lbs since starting I'm not sure how i gained so much overnight I got to gym at least 3 days a week. Good luck everyone and I'll check back soon! :)
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Monday Check-in ... I had another challenge weight-in this morning as part of my Monday routine. I weighed in less today than I had for our challenge when i weighed in last Wednesday ... now to hold on to that loss! Looking back over my food diary totals I am appalled at how many days I went over my maintenance calories. The days where I was at a deficit didn't eat up the overages!.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Kind of lost my focus past few days but I am back on track today. Hope I have not done too much damage to myself
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Niki, Karen and I sound like the 3 Musketeers! Hopefully tomorrow we will all be doing better. For the past three days I haven't been feeling up to taking good care of myself. I just have to do better than this. Tomorrow is a new day and I have promised myself I will do it tomorrow, no matter how I feel.
  • cellosmiles
    cellosmiles Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Hello to everyone. I am new here as I just found the forum :) I started at 248 pounds last week. I would like to lose about 20lbs in the next 8 weeks before I see my husband next. But overall my goal is to lose 80 to 100 pounds. I am really active on the weekends as I work on a farm but during the week I struggle because I have a desk job. I try to stay motivated to walk/jog with my dogs. And have started to diary food intake so I can make healthier choices and see the ramifications of portion sizes. I don't know how to join the challenge. But I started my weight last Thursday so I will weigh in again in a couple days.
  • Nikion901
    Options
    (copied from page 1) ... GOALS and IDEAS for daily posts (Not mandatory)
    Monday - Check In (how are you doing? Had any successes or struggles this week-end?)
    Tuesday - Goals (do you have any Goals you want to update us?)

Yesterday I made a list of a few items I wanted to or had to complete in the next 24 hours ... I even wrote them out ...
    Clean the refrigerator
    bake new recipe for banana nut bread
    Make Easy Hamburger Soup
    Clean the bottles soaking in the laundry tub
    vacuum the living room and hall
    Sort the laundry

Today, I updated that list and here it is
    Clean the refrigerator
    bake new recipe for banan nut bread
    Clean the bottles soaking in the laundry tub
    Sort the aundry
    Start the laundry
    Do monthly Sr Tuesday Discount Day grocery shopping

Hmmm... guess something went awry with my Monday plan .. looks like I only made soup and vacuumed then called it a day! ... Well, at least I have 8 to 16 portions of healthy vegetable and tomato based soup to keep me going!

@Holly ... I agree with your supposition that we are the 3-Musketeers ... except they were hearty and hail! Don't know about you, but I'm neither :)
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    @Nikion901 - well yeah except for that! LOL :smiley:
  • Nikion901
    Options
    jam5660 wrote: »
    Tuesday goal: well being that I reached my last goal to be down to 220lb. I guess I will update that and say my next gaol is 199lbs. Onederland here I come!

Sounds like your 'Getting Ready for Summer 10 week challenge" just got an update! Great going! What calorie deficit are you working on?
  • jam5660
    jam5660 Posts: 126 Member
    Options

@Nikion901 MFP has me at 1200 cal a day to lose 2lb a week, but I end up straying up to 1500 some days. And I don't eat back my exercise calories but I don't burn that many per week to worry about not getting enough calories over all.
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    dmorrical wrote: »
    Is there an easy way to find my last post so I can copy it for my next post?
    @dmorrical sorry, I don't know an easy way to find your post. For myself, I just go back 2 or 3 pages and start looking for mine until I find it and can copy it. Good luck. I also have mine on a spreadsheet but the formatting
    didn't copy right when I tried to copy and paste it so I go back and copy my old post and then update it.
  • JeanieWww
    JeanieWww Posts: 4,037 Member
    Options
    sand86802 wrote: »
    READY FOR SUMMER CHALLENGE WEEKLY RECAP

I am pleased to say that we have a whooping 31 participants for this challenge!!!

27 of those 31 have posted a weigh-in for this week. Since it is the first week, some weigh-in are the starting weight so they don't show a loss.

Almost everybody has lost or stayed stable. In total we have lost a combined 37lbs!!! This challenge is up to an amazing start! Congrats everyone and keep up the good work!

I'm still not back home. ONce I get home I'll start then. I'll be behind everyone, but as long as I have a goal and work toward it, I'm still a winner.
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    @dmorrical sorry, I don't know an easy way to find your post. For myself, I just go back 2 or 3 pages and start looking for mine until I find it and can copy it. Good luck. I also have mine on a spreadsheet but the formatting
    didn't copy right when I tried to copy and paste it so I go back and copy my old post and then update it.
    [/quote]

I do the same - don't know of a better way.
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    @dmorrical - go to the community home page. In the menu at the top you will see search. Type in your handle (ie: dmorrical) and search, it will pull up all your recent posts.
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    correction, doing that pulls up any thread comment where you were mentioned, not where you posted. Sorry.
  • shutchens
    shutchens Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Goal setting... never fun. I guess my short term goal is stay below calories each day this week. Heck, some days the goal is to just make it through this day at calorie. My first scale goal is 299. This front 3 has to go!
  • Smithbat
    Smithbat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    SW: 273
    GW: 260 (Guide camp)

April 26:273
    May 3: 267.8
    May10:
    May 17:
    May 24:
    May 31:
    June 7:
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    July 1:

Weight +/- this week: -5.2lb
    Weight +/- total: -5.2lb

I am feeling very positive after this start!
  • cellosmiles
    cellosmiles Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Wtg jam5560 on reaching the 220 goal. Keep chugging away and you will be at that 199 before you know it. :smile: