Name: Jeanie
    Height: 5'2"

Start Weight (starting later): 250.4 lbs
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 240 lbs

Weigh in week of:
    (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    1. April 26 - out of town; couldn't weigh
    2. May 3 - 250.4 lbs
    3. May 10 - don't remember.. I'm not doing too good this month.
    4. May 17 - 249.8
    5. May 24 - 248.6
    6. May 31 -
    7. June 7 -
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1 -
  • cellosmiles
    cellosmiles Posts: 680 Member
    Options

Name: cellosmiles
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (Apr27): 248
    Goal Weight (July 1): 228 - see my husband again

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26 - 248
    2. May 3 - 243
    3. May 10 - 240 B)
    4. May 17 - 239.5 :D
    5. May 24 - 239
    6. May 31 -
    7. June 7 -
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -

Weight -/+ this week: -.5
    Weight -/+ total -9

Moving slowly...but still moving. I seem to have a VERY slow metabolism. But at least I lost the 5lbs of water bloat last night. Because i work such a physical job on the weekends i have extra calories i need to eat. But sometimes i cave because the desire is just too great. And i had a lot of salty veggies on monday with chinese stirfry that lead to my demise LOL.

• cellosmiles
    Options
    Thursday truth

Got the garden pots planted.
    Got most of the laundry put away.
    Did some grocery shopping on Tuesday at costco..where i caved and got some takeout food in their cafe. :( i forgot about that too when i did my weigh in post.No wonder i was puffed up in water.

Staying home sick from work today as i am utterly exhausted. This is my first day off since February as i work 7 days a week.

I am currently relaxing with the dogs in the sunshine. It feels so good to sit and soak it in. Soon i will head in to wash the dishes. Yup today is the day!

And i will get a bit of meal prep done while i have the extra time.

I am determined to enjoy this much needed day to relax and re-energize.

• chantalgal
    chantalgal Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi there, my name is Chantal and I am new to MFP, been here for 5 days now.

Truth: I've been doing great tracking my calories and staying under my required limit. My challenge is finding time to exercise. When I get home all I want to do is relax and stay on the couch. I know I need to change this habit and get moving, like they say eat less and move more. I dread going for my walks and have a hard time finding any kind of exercise I like . Perhaps I need to suck it up and just do it no matter how I feel, maybe the rest will fall into place. Lord help me. :p
  • cellosmiles
    Options
    @tabletop_joe

It doesnt have to be wednesdays. The week closes sunday i believe. Weighin any day by then and your weighin will be counted. ;)
  • cellosmiles
    Options
    For all the new people that have decided to join the journey. Welcome!!!

Here is a template for the weekly weighin.

Name:

Start Weight (week of April 19):
    Goal Weight (week of June 28):

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26 -
    2. May 3 -
    3. May 10 -
    4. May 17 -
    5. May 24 -
    6. May 31 -
    7. June 7 -
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -
    Final weight: July 1st

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ total:
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Thanks, @cellosmiles ! I missed that first section, so here's a re-post of that bit. Sorry for the newbie mistake. This is my first challenge!

Name: tabletop_joe
    Height: 5'6"

Start Weight (week of April 19): 231
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 212 (admittedly ambitious, but if I fail, I still win).
    1. April 26 - 234
    2. May 3 - 227
    3. May 10 - 225
    4. May 17 - 224.8
    5. May 24 - 222.8
    6. May 31 -
    7. June 7 -
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -

Weight -/+ this week: -2
    Weight -/+ total -11.2
    (-37.2 recorded since I began!)
  • traceyc013
    traceyc013 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Name: tracey
    Height: 5' 7

Start Weight (week of April 19): 278
    Goal Weight (Saturday, July 1st): 258

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26: 278
    2. May 3: 277.5
    3. May 10: 277
    4. May 17: 274.2
    5. May 24: 276
    6. May 31:
    7. June 7:
    8. June 14:
    9. June 21:
    10. June 28:
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1:

Weight -/+ this week: +1.8
    Weight -/+ total: -2
  • cellosmiles
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @tabletop_joe

I wasnt posting the template for you LOL. There were a few other newbies that posted today about thursday truths that i thought might like to join the challenge too ;)

By the way....great losses so far. Keep it up!
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    @tabletop_joe "admittedly ambitious, but if I fail, I still win." I love that, I set my goal a little high too (or should I say low) and was worried about not making it. I am a proponent for the power of positive thinking and yet I never looked at it that way. Of course, even if we don't quite make our goals we still win! Thank you for the wake up tap to the back of the head, LOL! :)
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 211 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Thursday truth. It seems like every time I hit another 10 pounds off I start to stray off course. I was so excited to hit 40 pounds loss and then yesterday I ate all day and even in the evening. Then I couldn't sleep (happens about once every couple of months), I went to bed about 11:30, woke up at 2:30, laid there until 3:00 and then got up until 6 when I tried to sleep again for 2 hours. I managed to doze but not a good, restful sleep. Anyway, what I started to say was after over eating during the day yesterday, I also ate cereal and candy bar at 4 AM and then had my breakfast when I got up the second time at 8 am. Ugh! Today makes the second day, no exercise (too stormy to ride my bike) and overate again. Time to get back on track or that 40 pound loss will turn into a 30 pound loss! Love reading everyone's posts, they really help. It's nice to not be in this battle alone and my thin friends just don't get how challenging it is to have to live this 24/7 to be able to lose the weight.

This is a really strong, powerful group, I'm glad to be part of! Have a great weekend, oops it's only Thursday, I only work Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday so my weekend starts now! :)
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Bacon wrapped stuffed onions
    Servings 25
    calories per serving
    Ingredients
     3 tsp dried basil
     4 tsp Italian Seasoning
     1 tbsp Red Pepper Flake
     6 Large Mushrooms, diced
     ¼ C Low Sodium Chicken Stock
     4 cups Marketside Baby Kale & Spinach Mixture (about 2 cups chopped)
     4 oz Broccoli Slaw, diced (about a cup diced)
     Olive oil, about 1 Tbsp.
     2 large Eggs
     2 container (16 oz ea.), Turkey 93% lean
     1/3 Cup Dry Organic Quinoa (Uncooked)
     ¼ cup Progreso Italian Bread Crumbs (low sodium if available)
     4 Sweet Onions (may need one extra onion)
     50 strip, Uncured Nitrate Free No Sugar Added Bacon - Sliced (this was about 4 pkgs)
     Package of 6” wooden skewers (HEB has them in a 30 pack)
    Nutrition Facts
    Servings 25 Amount Per Serving:
    calories 238 % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 18 g 27 %
    Saturated Fat 1 g 5 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 52 mg 17 %
    Sodium 336 mg 14 %
    Potassium 179 mg 5 %
    Total Carbohydrate 7 g 2 %
    Dietary Fiber 1 g 4 %
    Sugars 3 g
    Protein 17 g 34 %
    Vitamin A 14 %
    Vitamin C 16 %
    Calcium 2 %
    Iron 4 %
    Instructions
    You can halve or even quarter this recipe depending on the need.
    Slice tops and bottoms off small to medium onion. Set on flat end, make one cut through to center vertically.
    Gently pull apart layers of the onions. Set aside the tight center of each onion. You should get about 5 onion
    cups from each onion.
    Chop the onion you aren’t using for the filling cups into a small dice. You should have about 1 cup for the full
    recipe. Chop the broccoli slaw as well. Add onions and broccoli slaw to frying pan and saute with a little olive
    oil for 2‐3 minutes. Add in low sodium chicken stock, cover, and cook another 5 minutes. Add the
    mushrooms, greens, and spices (Italian seasoning, basil, and red pepper flakes). Continue to cook for another
    5 minutes or so until the greens are completely wilted and mushrooms have darkened. Place in strainer so
    liquid can drain. You can cook this ahead and refrigerate overnight if you wish.
    In a large mixing bowl, add ground turkey, eggs, quinoa and bread crumbs. Add in drained cooked vegetables.
    Mix well into a meatloaf texture.
    Assembly
    Pre‐heat the oven to 425 degrees. Fill each onion cup with meatloaf mixture. Press edges together and wrap
    with 2 slices of bacon each, being sure to cover any exposed onion. Skewer with the 6‐inch skewers to hold
    bacon in place. Place each onion on a cookie rack inside a pan with a 1‐3 inch side to allow bacon fat to drip
    into pan instead of dripping in your oven. Don’t overcrowd the pan, you want to leave plenty of room around
    each onion for the bacon to brown. You may need to do this in several batches depending on the number of
    stuffed onions you are making. Bake 40‐50 minutes, turning once so bacon is brown on all sides. Remove to
    plate. Serve with barbecue sauce if desired (optional).
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    @GOINSTD12 .... I would not be abe to stop at just 1~
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Truth Thursday (Here's hoping I'm doing this right.)
    I'm a self-saboteur. I want to lose the weight quickly so badly that I did something dumb today. I had 2 eggs for breakfast and then went to work and didn't eat again until 7:30 when I got home. I should be eating 2000 calories to have a 1000 calorie deficit with my activity level. Then, when I got home, I felt guilty because this is how I made myself sick last time. So, I ate my whole 12 ounces of broccoli that I should have spread out throughout the day, then my 4 ounces of strawberries and 4 ounces of chicken and I feel really bloated, that is way too much fiber at once. There is no way I'm going to get in all my servings of fruit and vegetables today because I decided to be stupid.

I have mostly caught up on my calories now, but, I had a rough day because of my choices. I know better, but I keep doing stupid things.
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    chantalgal wrote: »
    Hi there, my name is Chantal and I am new to MFP, been here for 5 days now.

Truth: I've been doing great tracking my calories and staying under my required limit. My challenge is finding time to exercise. When I get home all I want to do is relax and stay on the couch. I know I need to change this habit and get moving, like they say eat less and move more. I dread going for my walks and have a hard time finding any kind of exercise I like . Perhaps I need to suck it up and just do it no matter how I feel, maybe the rest will fall into place. Lord help me. :p

I have a fitbit, I just walk/jog in front of my tv. No treadmill, I just jog backwards and forwards or pace back and forth. I watched 2 hours of TV and got something like 7500 steps just for my TV watching time. :)
    I hate the heat, there is no chance in heck I'm going for a walk in 96 degree weather and muggy humidity. :)