Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• lydiapassthedonuts
    Options
    Nikion901 wrote: »

QUESTION Everyone .... Give a shout if you use a smartphone for MFP. (I recently had to use one and found it great for reporting on my food diary with it, but terrible for following the community page threads and threads.) So now I use the smartphone for logging and the desktop computer for sharing.

I love using my phone to log my food and weight on MFP. But, I cannot stand reading anything on my phone. I use my computer to read the community threads. Unfortunately, I'm not at my computer much these days. I read through everything though. I like seeing everyone's progress and seeing what people are up to.

I wish I was more active here, but it's hard to find the time.
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Tried to post some pix on my cell phone but couldn't do it. Will have to try on PC. I'm with most others, I make entries in my diary both ways (especially on the phone with anything that has a UPC) but doing anything on community is near impossible for me on my phone so it's only on PC.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    @ birgitkwood- thanks for the words of encouragement! You have been so successfull! I know that maintenance can be a challenge itself. gonna have to try and figure out how i put a sticky not on my phone....
    at one time i joined a group that concentrated on tracking no late night snacking. So far i have 2 evenings under my belt!! Tonight was especially hard as i received an unexpected bill for my life insurance policy. Not sure why but of course i have no money to pay it. And it was due the 17th!! not sure how that works when i get it on the 22nd. My go to response to stress is to eat but i managed to avoid that tonight. My other challenging times are when i get home from working a 12 hr day and i am exhausted or when i am working night shift. Need to come up with the determination to get through those times as i start my set of 4 shifts on sunday

karen
  • ihp2015
    ihp2015 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I have to say, I love how flexible MFP is in logging meals. I'm working with a dietician and she created a food plan for me with 6 meals per day: breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner and evening snack. I've just noticed that by logging on the MFP on my computer, I can change the standard snack meal and create 3 different snack meals. This definitely helps me log my meals even better.
  • jam5660
    jam5660 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Saturday nsv: I'm using my food scale for eveything again, so I'm back on track with that! And I'm sleeping better again, don't know if it's just from going to the gym or a combo of that and eating better and going in to bed at a decent hour.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Saturday Success ... Speaking of sleep ( @jam5660 ) It's more my cat's success than mine today ... she finally managed to get me to roll out of bed at 8AM ... cause she wanted her breakfast. She's ready for me to get up before the crack of dawn like I used to do when she was a kitten, but my sleep is broken up so much during the night that I usually let myself loll in bed to see if I will fall back to sleep to catch a few more ZZZ's.

My NSV for this week will occur later on this morning when I take a trunk load of obsolete or broken electronics to the Electronics Recycle Fair at my town's highway department. It's only on until 1 PM so I cannot laze around this Saturday morning.

EVERYONE Thanks for responding to my question of smartphone vs desktop computer for your MFP input. It sparked some interesting feedback from 'you all'. :)
    Niki
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi All!!

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday ... I just baked some low carb chocolate and almond cookies and my apartment is smelling delish!!

I had not realized this group had been created so long ago ... 7 years? wow!! @GorillaNJ welcome back! Hope we can be as supportive as the original group!

@bapcarrier glad the xls worked well; but I must no take the whole credit ... @Nikion901 shared hers with me when it was my turn .. I just created a new one for me, but took as inspiration the one shared :)

@ihp2015 I have seen the funniest meal codings used at MFP; I think its great to be able to customize it to your needs. I have not done it because I am not really that organized with my meals, so lots of time I just end up adding tons of stuff in "snacks".

@birgitkwood thank you for sharing a bit of your experience. I need to lose as well 120lbs; I would be a good at just 100lb, but since I am kinda short and my bone structure is not that big I want to try to lose the extra 20lbs. So knowing that other people has been able to accomplish it definitively inspires and gives me hope :) So fully charged of energy for my next 50lbs!!

Saturday Success!

I had a couple NSVs this week:

1. Was able to wear high heel shoes after I don't know how many years without it being torture. I stopped wearing them years ago because a. my feet looked like sausages and b. all my weight on tiny piece of my feet ... not a good combo for sure. Now they fit quite nicely and I wont say super comfy, because truth is high heels will never be the most comfortable shoes for me, but I can stand them for a bit.

2. I needed a belt for my pants because they were falling off and, since I haven't had the need for one in since forever because my pants were always tight, I had to borrow one from my husband :D So a. either I get new pants or b. I get myself a belt :#

l48iwgz9f5i3.jpg
  • jam5660
    jam5660 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I had another Saturday Success... I "fit" in size 16 jeans today, 2 months ago I wouldn't even get them off the rack. I still have some more to go before they are comfortable, and don't cause a horrible muffin top, but I got them on and buttoned/zipped!!
    @Nikion901 I'm glad your kitty let you sleep in a little bit and that you are able to get your electronics recycled, so many areas don't have any place to take them so they end up in the woods/creeks/rivers. It's so bad in our area that they finally had to resort to having 2 days a month where a location is open to receive that kind of stuff, and need less to say our basement is being emptied regularly.(hubby's a pack rat)
    @happygirlxxx those cookies look amazing!! Congrats on the heels, I would love to find a pair that are cute and decently comfortable for a few hours and a pipe dream of being affordable! I too had to resort to borrowing hubby's belt, but he now doesn't get it back because I love it! It's one of those one size belts with no holes, woven cotton that slides through a metal clasp. It's actually wide enough to hold something up! But not stiff like the "leather" ones.
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My NSV is kind of old because it happened just before Hurricane Irma but with everything going on I never reported it. Three years ago I bought two nice pair of "Cottonseed" summer capris, which are especially good for our hot humid weather. At the time, they were just a little too small and I was losing weight quite nicely. Well, problems arose and I ended up gaining 50 lbs back! About the beginning of this month I got them out and I was so excited, they fit! Down 4 to 5 sizes from where I started!!

@GOINSTD12 good luck with trying the chair exercises, I've heard good things about them being a great route for those who have health/back/standing problems. I hope you are able to get the halter for your dog, I miss my little dog and one of the things I miss the most is our walks! It's not the same walking alone...boring!

@birgitkwood and @karenleona I too have a terrible time with late night snacking. At midnight last night I was eating dry Cheerios... I do good all day and just seem to lose all my will power in the evening or late at night. One thing I have to try to do is start going to bed at the decent hour the same time every night. I read that it will help your weight loss and I'm also hoping I'll be in bed before these cravings hit me. I have an android phone and I have no idea how to add a sticky note to my cell phone, I'll have to check for the app! Here's hoping these great ideas work for both of us, KarenLeona, as they did for Birgit.
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday everyone!!

Here in Milan is supossed to rain, hopefully not all day so we can go outside for a walk with the dogs.

@wilsonkegler congrats on reaching halfway of your weight loss journey!! Definitively an awesome milestone to celebrate!

@ihp2015 amazing, 15K steps / 11km that is a long distance!!! And you might be sore physically, but in spirit you will be beaming and ready for the next 11kms for sure!!! Congrats!

@tdunnegan 2 hours? wow, I see people pulling that time in the gym and I wonder where they get their energy; after an hour I am tired! good for you!

@bapcarrier @jam5660 isn't it amazing when you find clothes that fit in your closet? i <3 it!! best feeling ... of course when you weight yourself you can see the numbers on the scale going down, but being able to wear a smaller size that is the true proof of how well we are doing!! WTG!!

@jam5660 thanks! yes the cookies are delicious; this morning they were super soft and I had to have one even before breakfast >:)

Sunday Sharing!

One of the downsides of relocating all the time … you need to find new doctors and in my case that I had cancer then its annoying because need to be bringing my medical file everywhere and explaining everything over and over again.

I found an endocrinologist and he speaks OK English, so we can communicate; but when I told him the type of thyroid cancer I had (which is a weird one) his eyes opened and he wants to see all my medical history … and of course I forgot the file back in the US.

So now I have contacted my doctors back in Asia (where I was originally diagnosed and had my surgery) to ask for a report. And it was so funny, when I called the assistant said that yes she remembers me and then proceeds to ask if I have lost weight … was I the only fat patient this endocrinologist had? Or maybe I do have a dashing personality :D ; well at least I had the satisfaction to respond that yes, I have lost 70lbs B)

Anyway, tomorrow I go back to review my blood work results and have an ultrasound of my neck. I have reached the 5 years mark and so far everything indicates that my cancer markers are still almost unnoticeable, fingers crossed everything goes well tomorrow :)

OK time to go prepare breakfast for the hubby and the doggies ... its pass 8am and the 3 of them are deep asleep, the good life! :p
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Sunday Share ... I was feeling blue today for no apparent reason so I decided to take a long leisurely ride along the waterfront and called to ask a friend who who can no longer drive if she would like to come with me. I've been to her senior apartment complex several times to take her out, and we talk on the phone every couple of months. My friend has dementia from a shrinking brain in the frontal lobes so her memory is getting to the point of needed some living assistance. I called and she said she'd love to go for the ride, and I verified that she was still at the address I had on record for her ... yep.

Well, I got there and called her to tell her to come on down but she never showed up. So I called her back and she said she was looking for me but couldn't see me ... back and forth on the phone ... I asked again if she was living at the address I gave her and she said yep ... but I got suspicious when I couldn't find her name on the telephone number keypad at the entrance, nor her apartment number on the mailbox wall inside the building and out, asking her to describe what she saw in the vicinity of her whereabouts ... "people and places to sit down" she said. I asked if she could see the parking lot and she said, no, the cars were whizzing by on the road ... so I guessed she and I were in 2 different buildings .... and finally she remembered the name of her apartment complex ... yep ... it wasn't the one I was at! But I didn't know this one and could't look it up on my phone, nor find a phone book ... and my friend was unable to tell me where it was either. So I told her we'd get together on a different day and went home.

When I got there I looked it up ... yep, an assisted living facility for memory care. Well ... I at least got me exercise out of it ... walking the hallways of the apartment large U-shaped apartment building looking for her apartment number, that didn't exist.

Lord, protect my friend and everyone who has a physical disability like her shrinking brain and my spine with loose discs floating about.
  • tdunnegan
    tdunnegan Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Sunday share: I was down to 210 at beginning of August and went off the grid for a month (little to no exercise, no tracking, back to junk food in excess)..
    Gained 7 lbs back. Seems every time I approach 200 I go awol. So a pound a week it is for this challenge!!

Nikion901: goodness that is quite an experience finding your friends condition is advancing. I'm sorry to hear it. Interrestingly, just last weekend I went out with a friend who's now 76. I'm 60. We met at work 38 years ago. Recently we've been connecting more again. When we went out last weekend I realized she is slowing down quite a bit. A bit unsettling. I will stand by her all the way. Kinda feeling sad. My mum developed dementia in her final years. Not easy.

Sam5660: care to post recipe for cookies?
    They do look yummy!

Birgjtwood: I binge eat/am emotional eaTer too.
    I like the idea of tracking that. Gonna give it a try

Bapcarrier: I'm new. I hope you got my challenge post?!?
  • bapcarrier
    Options
    @tdunnegan Welcome and yes I got your challenge posting for week one! Thanks for checking, keep up the hard work and I know you'll lose those 7 pounds and more this challenge!

Sunday Share: I have an acquaintance (notice I didn't say friend) who noticed I had lost some weight. She asked me how much and when I said about 50 pounds she said "Oh, aren't you lucky." Does she think I won a contest and the weight just fell off? Well, being me I couldn't just let it go, so I said, "no luck involved, just a lot of hard work!" She never acknowledged my comment at all! Grrr...
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    @Nikion901 - I am very sad this is happening to your friend. And you...
  • bapcarrier
    Options
    @happygirlxxx Good luck finding doctors you like and congrats on hitting the five year mark. It must be exciting to live in so many different parts of the world, but I can't imagine the medical part of it with what you have to deal with! Positive thoughts and fingers crossed for you tomorrow! :)