Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• anneshields001
    anneshields001 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a kale suggestion?

I found some growing in the church garden LOL. It is the only thing that grew this year. So i picked a small bag full.

I have never used it before myself. Just had a salad mix with it in there.

All suggestions appreciated!

Try it sautéed and use as a side dish!
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Saturday Success!

For those who know me, I am the eternal optimist … so even though originally I was a bit bummed down because I had gained weight tons I refuse to see this as a wasted week but as a learning experience + I have been able to focus again on getting back on track … so I see that as a NSV! :)

As you have seen I like to bake, but had been avoiding it because before all I did was this decadent cupcakes and deserts full of calories and carbs ... which needless to say don't go along with dieting. However, since I discovered low carb baking I have been trying all these yummy recipes (I am actually surprised they turn to be so good!). So today was the turn of flourless cookies and let me tell you, I baked the most delish almond butter chocolate chip cookies …. I added a bit of coconut flakes too … yum!!!! Each cookie is like 115 calories and 6 net grams of carbs, so not really that light but great for an afternoon snack when you need something sweet. For anyone who is interested in trying this is where I got the recipe: https://livewellbakeoften.com/easy-flourless-almond-butter-chocolate-chip-cookies/

@anneshields001 the only way I eat kale is either in a smoothie or kale chips (put them in the oven with some spices and get crips, really nice - great snack!)

@jam5660 HIIT is great; that is what my trainer used to do with me and its amazing how you burn more and actually after your workout you continue burning as well. It does get you tired, but you feel amazing afterwards. B)

@verybusybee I have tried to do Keto, but I always end up going over the carbs limit :/ I know someone at MFP that does it and she has lost over 100lbs in a year. Also, my neighbor did it, and he lost 50lbs. People do get used to the low carb situation, but its been hard for me because here they eat so late, so as soon as I sit down at a restaurant to have dinner I am starving so I jump to the bread basket :'( . One of the reasons I am baking low carb is basically because of Keto, I am trying to transition to it … eventually I will get there ;)

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!
  • tdunnegan
    tdunnegan Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Ok. This is my 3rd try at posting. I keep losing the screen. Aaargh. So I'm gonna keep it simple. Without naming names, I've tried kale chips, they're pretty good. I also use kale in power shakes.

HIIT is great. I vary my speeds using music instead of timing it. So when a fast song comes on I speed up for the duration of that song. Even if the next song is fast, I'll slow it down...

I'm about to start a cleanse... my chiropractor recommended it. No grains allowed. I've done that before butddd
  • ihp2015
    ihp2015 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Saturday success: despite it being a day of nonstop rain, I made myself go out and walk for 30 minutes. Normally, I would just curl up on the couch and binge watch some series, but not today. Yeah me!! ;)
  • anneshields001
    anneshields001 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Saturday success. I've been logging for 70 days. A new personal record!
  • verybusybee
    verybusybee Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info about me to. It is what I am concerned with but I would like to get there as well. May be I'll try low carbacarb for.now.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info about me to. It is what I am concerned with but I would like to get there as well. May be I'll try low carbacarb for.now.

Try what ever you think you can stick with ... weight loss, in the end, is all about eating less than you use up in activity and living. Just realize that whatever plan you choose you really need to just stick with it for a good long while to get used to it.

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Saturday Success ... I made a goal on Sept 30 that starting the first day of October I would "Get out in the fresh air" ... I settled on building up, slowly, a habit I'd long ago abandoned ... walking almost every day. Because of my health issues I decided that I could not let 3 days go by without walking on the city sidewalks. Well ... this is the 7th day and I am proud of myself ... I have been active outdoors 6 of the 7 days. I walked on 3 days and each time I went out it was a little easier plus I went a little farther than the day before, for a little longer in time ... going from 7 minutes in my first attempt to 20 minutes when I walked yesterday. On top of that, I was active outdoors cutting grass and doing bed mulching on the other 3 active days. So I end the week with 237 minutes of outdoor active time ... hey, that's almost 4 hours .... and actually, I was outdoor for longer than that but only gave myself credit for the minutes I was actually active. Now ... we are supposed to have rain almost every day starting Sunday ... so I am challenging myself to push myself these next 7 days to walk even in the rain.
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    @Nikion901 - I am soooo proud of you!!! (Now found your umbrella and raincoat. You can do it, even in the rain. Ok to put the camera in a Ziploc bag ;) )
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 209 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @Nikion901 you inspire me, I'm going out for a walk right now!!! I hate to walk, miss my little dog so much, she made my walking a treat, now I just get bored. Need to change my outlook, or find a neighbor's dog to walk, unfortunately, I've tried with no success, all my neighbors seem to enjoy walking their own dogs. Oh well, I'm off before it gets any later.

Well, I'm back, within the time frame to edit this post. LOL I weeded a small patch of garden for about 4 minutes and then walked for 17. Good start I guess. It's 7 PM, 86 degrees with 70% humidity so I'm quite warm even walking this late in the day. The humidity is even higher in the AM although I would like to get in the habit of walking a few minutes every morning just to get my day started. Every little bit helps! :) Thanks again Niki for giving me the inspiration to get going again!
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @Nikion901 You SHOULD be proud! You set a goal & you stuck to it. My guess is you will find a way to deal with the rain!
    @happygirlxxx I so love your eternal optimism. What a positive way to think about the gain...use it as a learning experience. I just love that!

Saturday success...have my plan in place for tomorrow's birthday dinner for my daughter and family. Had a good loss this week...2.5. :) When I try to make some words be bold, I get funny characters so sorry...can't make the Saturday Success stand out. I've tried everything....highlighting then hitting Bold, or hitting Bold first and then typing....nothing works. I get brackets with small b's, sometimes multiples...oh well, no worries.
  • bapcarrier
    Options
    @b_lisieux you see the brackets and the b when you're typing but when you preview it or actually post it, it should come up bold. Of course the other day my whole post came up bold not just the first part, but the time before that it worked perfect. Don't know what I did different the second time. :)
  • bapcarrier
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Testing

Okay, hit the B for bold and you will see pulsing curser. Start typing right where the pulsing curser is (between the two b's), and that part will be bold. Then move the curser outside the area and start typing again. I hope this helps.
  • jam5660
    jam5660 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    NSV: I guess losing weight and knowing I can do things I put my mind to has helped in other areas in my life....today I signed up to be a LipSense distributer and that is a huge success!!
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @Nikion901 that is amazing!! Good for you!! Do get a good rain coat, boots and a big umbrella and you are ready to battle the rain … I am sure you will take amazing photos!

@ihp2015 Me too .. usually when rainy days I would just go to the basement, chose my comfiest bean bag and watch movies (and munch pop corn) … so awesome that you decided to go a for a walk instead … I am sure you felt proud of yourself!

@bapcarrier yes every step counts! My husband says that when you exercise early in the morning you start your day with tons more energy and you keep burning throughout the day … so even though might be a bit humid, go for it! And I know, I can imagine how you miss your doggie, I don’t know what I am going to do when my little yorkie is no longer with me … he is my baby :/

@b_lisieux congrats on being so organized … definitively key to losing weight!

Sunday Sharing!

I have been able to lose already a pound from all those that I gained this week … yay! :)

It could have been a bit more, but last night I needed comfort food and wine. My mom called me to tell me that someone that I consider family is in the hospital and the doctors don’t know yet what is going on with him.

I have known him since he was 1 year old; now he is a young man in college and trying to have a better life than what his parents had. Not sure if you know, but Peru where I am from, half of the population is very very poor, so he has worked very hard to beat the odds of having that life.

He was very lucky he ended up at my house, we helped for him to have as many opportunities as possible and he was part of us since day 1 … I think I was about 20 when he arrived and he would follow me around the house for me to play with him ... I would put music and we would dance and laugh of our silly steps. He actually decided to study business, because I went to business school and he got into one of the top schools in the country; I am really proud of him … he shows us that even though sometimes it seams you are supposed to have a certain life you make your own path with hard work and dedication … and I think that applies to all of us and our weight loss journey; we are not destined to be overweight, we can change it and we will!

Have a great Sunday; and do send him your positive vibes for a speedy recovery :)
  • verybusybee
    verybusybee Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    So I'm a little late posting for Saturday. My success yesterday was doing laps in the pool . It's been sooo long. I was slower than I remember but I did it.
  • ihp2015
    ihp2015 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I just got another incentive to do well in this Fall Challenge. I'm going to Malta on the 25th of November to visit my parents. I haven't seen them since last year August, so really looking forward to it. Plus it will be a bit warmer in Malta at the end of November than here in Denmark ;)B)
  • cellosmiles
    cellosmiles Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    @b_lisieux enjoy the birthday celebration!

@Nikion901 @bapcarrier awesome job on the walking!

The rain dampens my spirits sometimes...but yesterday i went to the dollar store for a few things and found some doggie jackets. Well boy did they sure come in handy right away! Hope this might help get thru the next 6 months of rain!

rx05vq6mk3kk.jpg

@jam5660 not sure what that is. But congrats to get out there and sign up for it! Takes a lot of courage to get out there sometimes!

@verybusybee. Great job with the pool laps! I miss going to the pool. When i lived in the next town over...it was so easy. The pool was RIGHT there. Oh well, got the dogs to walk now. Still jealous of you though! I love being in water!

@happygirlxxx praying for your friend. Good job on the lb lost!

@ihp2015 a family visit. What a great incentive to keep on track! You got this!

My saturday success....staying under calorie budget while eating a yummy turkey dinner! Yay! I am back on track. Now to carry that on to today!
  • tdunnegan
    tdunnegan Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Sunday share -- tomorrow is my 24th wedding anniversary

Ihp2016. Malta sounds nice!! A visit with fam is the best.

Verybusybee - welcome back to the pool! I love swimming too. For me its peaceful. Deep breathing.

Nam5660- congrats on trying new things. Exercise and weight loss always out me in a good place too

Happygirl- way to go losing weight. My thoughts and prayers are with your "brother"

Bapcarrier Nd nikion - nice job getting outdoors more. So good for the head.