Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Wednesday wishes...Things I wish for have nothing to do with weight. I have a daughter who has medical problems that I wish I could take away, or wish the doctors could fix. (a seizure disorder) I have another daughter who is a leg amputee that I wish I could make life easier for. I wish comfort to other extended family members who are dealing with loved ones who are in hospice. I wish for less violence in this world. (a fantasy wish, right?) I also wish everyone a super on track day today. @bapcarrier You went down...remember it's a move forward, even if a small one. @newjaxx2017 Did you eat a lot of salt possibly, that could account for some water weight gain? Typically when I gain quickly like that, which for me is mostly after a vacation, it comes off pretty quickly, so I'm guessing it's water weight in my case anyhow. Go get 'em this week. :)
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    FALL CHALLENGE

Name: Niki
    Height: 62.5 inches

Start Weight (as of Sept. 16th): 234.4
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): 229.9

Weigh in Weeks (listed by Wednesdays)

1. Sept. 20: 235.2
    2. Sept. 27: 234.9
    3. Oct. 4: 230.7
    4. Oct. 11:
    5. Oct. 18:
    6. Oct. 25:
    7. Nov. 1:
    8. Nov. 8:
    9. Nov. 15:
    Final Weigh in: Nov. 18:

Weight -/+ this week: -4.2
    Total weight -/+ this challenge: -3.7
    Total overall weight lost so far: -47.3

I had a big loss this week ... A lot of it is excess water loss because I haven't had any bread products all week ... ran out of bread last week and didn't go to the store or more, and I didn't have my usual 1-time a week pasta meal, and I'm out of apples or grapefruits. Which means my carb intake is lower and carbs hold water. Now to keep the ball rolling because I am 5 pounds away from moving out of Obese Category III and into II ....

My average daily calories this week were just under 1600, and I did 2-1/2 hours of exercise.

PS ... just looked at my average carbs and they were still 47% of my food ... so it's the type of carb I ate and now how much of it that made the difference, along with total calories because the week before my carbs we 52% of my calories, which were an average of 1725 a day .... amazing what 125 calorie a day difference can make.
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    FALL CHALLENGE

Name: Robin
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (Sept 16th): 249.2
    Goal Weight (Nov 18th): 239.9

1. Sept 20: 249
    2. Sept 27: 249
    3. Oct 4: -- 248.6
    4. Oct 11:
    5. Oct 18:
    6. Oct 25:
    7. Nov 1:
    8. Nov 8:
    9. Nov 15:
    Final Weigh in: Nov 18:

Weight -/+ this week: -0.4
    Total weight -/+ this challenge: -0.6
    Total overall weight loss: -37.2

Considering I am still not back on track, I am thrilled that the scale nudged down this week. My choices have been pretty awful and I have gone over my calorie budget everyday... BUT still have managed to stay within a "maintenance" range.

@birgitkwood - I, too, was at 1200 daily calories for losing 2 pounds per week with a sedentary lifestyle. When I first started, I believe it was at 1260 and it was automatically readjusted to 1200 after I lost some weight. I don't recall what mark I hit when that change happened.
    I have now changed it to lose 1.5 pounds per week and it is allowing me 1390 calories. Given where I have been for the last month or so, I think this might be where I should be for a while. Maybe I will reevaluate after this challenge.

@bapcarrier - We are twins lately! We seem to have the same struggles (vacation, see-sawing, hurricanes) and we managed to lose the same amount this week 0.4 pounds! :)

@Nikion901 - I love your shadow picture. I may jump on that bandwagon too! And you INSPIRE ME! What an awesome week you have had this past week. What website (or calculator) are you using for an "Obese-o-meter"? My guess is that I am morbidly obese at this point, and I am curious of how I measure up on the obesity scale.

Until next time; wishing everyone Peace B) , Love <3 and Weight Loss :smiley: !!

45398632.png
  • Nikion901
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @RobinB0812 ... try www.calculator.net under the fitness and health tab. They have calculators for several measurements.
  • anneshields001
    anneshields001 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    anneshields001anneshields001 Member
    September 27, 2017 8:17PM
    FALL CHALLENGE

Name: Anne
    Height: 5' 8

Start Weight (as of Sept. 27) 232.4
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): 220

2. Sept. 27: 232.4
    3. Oct. 4: 227.8 (amazing what drinking extra water can do!)
    4. Oct. 11:
    5. Oct. 18:
    6. Oct. 25:
    7. Nov. 1:
    8. Nov. 8:
    9. Nov. 15:

Weight -/+ this week: -4.6
    Total weight -/+ this challenge:
    Total overall weight lost so far: 26
  • lksmeeton
    lksmeeton Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    FALL CHALLENGE

Name: LaDana
    Height: 5' 2"

Start Weight (as of Sept. 16th):271
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): 260

1. Sept. 20: 270
    2. Sept. 27: 270
    3. Oct. 4: 269
    4. Oct. 11:
    5. Oct. 18:
    7. Oct. 25:
    8. Nov. 1:
    9. Nov. 8:
    10. Nov. 15:

Weight -/+ this week: 1
    Total weight -/+ this challenge: -2
    Total overall weight lost so far: 34
  • lydiapassthedonuts
    lydiapassthedonuts Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    FALL CHALLENGE

Name: Lydia
    Height: 5’8”

Start Weight (as of Sept. 16th):240.4
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): 228

1. Sept. 20: 236.2
    2. Sept. 27: 233.8
    3. Oct. 4: 234.6
    4. Oct. 11:
    5. Oct. 18:
    7. Oct. 25:
    8. Nov. 1:
    9. Nov. 8:
    10. Nov. 15:

Weight -/+ this week: +0.8
    Total weight -/+ this challenge: -5.8
    Total overall weight lost so far: 25.4

Well, I seemed to have gone the wrong way this week! I expected it, I was not as disciplined the past few days.
    There is a new week ahead. I will get back on track.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, it's off to work I go!
  • ihp2015
    ihp2015 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    With my weight loss this week, I finally moved from Obese Class III to Obese Class II. Of course still way too high, but at least it's nice to see progress.

Question: how many of you actually eat all or some of the calories that you burn through exercise?
  • RobinB0812
    Options
    Nikion901 wrote: »
    @RobinB0812 ... try www.calculator.net under the fitness and health tab. They have calculators for several measurements.

Thanks!! :)
  • RobinB0812
    Options
    ihp2015 wrote: »
    With my weight loss this week, I finally moved from Obese Class III to Obese Class II. Of course still way too high, but at least it's nice to see progress.

Question: how many of you actually eat all or some of the calories that you burn through exercise?

Personally, I don't intentionally eat back my exercise calories. I use them as a "buffer" along the way so that I don't stress about staying under goal.
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    FALL CHALLENGE

Name: Birgit
    Height: 6ft

Start Weight (as of Sept. 16th): 182.4
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): 180 to 185 (goal is to MAINTAIN! No need to include my weight fluctuations in group's weekly stats)

1. Sept. 20: 182.2
    2. Sept. 27: 182.2
    3. Oct. 4: 185.0
    4. Oct. 11:
    5. Oct. 18:
    6. Oct. 25:
    7. Nov. 1:
    8. Nov. 8:
    9. Nov. 15:

Weight -/+ this week: + 2.8
    Total weight -/+ this challenge: + 2.6

Total overall weight lost so far: 120+ lbs since 4/4/16. Maintaining since June 2017.
  • Nikion901
    edited October 2017
    Options
    ihp2015 wrote: »

I don't eat back any calories. I set my calories at 1/2 pound a week and added in enough exercise goals to equal another 1/2 pound a week. MFP adds my exercise calories to my daily allotment but I basically ignore that.

PS ... congrats on moving down a category! Which BMI Calculator do you use?
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    @ihp2015 - I've never eaten back any exercise calories. But I'm also not super conscientious about weighing and measuring my food - I tend to eyeball. So my exercise calories allow me to be a little more casual about tracking.

@Nikion901 - I love the pics!! And CONGRATS on this week's loss.

@newjax2017 - I doubt that you really gained that many pounds. My own weight can easily fluctuate 5lbs or more from one undisciplined day to the next. It's just water weight, and comes off almost immediately. But please, do get back on track so the gain doesn't become permanent.

@KayTay612 - out of the 300s - whooHOO!!!

Wow - I had no idea so many women are living with a 1200 cal/day allotment! I guess my height has its privileges and I will never again complain about not being able to fit my legs into bus our airplane seats, or not being able to find pants (or shoes) that fit. Everything has its trade-offs, right? Thanks, All - for answering.
  • Moni2027
    Moni2027 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    FALL CHALLENGE

Name: Monique
    Height: 5'6"

Start Weight (as of Sept. 16th): 356.0
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): 340.0

1. Sept. 20: 352.2
    2. Sept. 27: 351.6
    3. Oct. 4: 346.5
    4. Oct. 11:
    5. Oct. 18:
    6. Oct. 25:
    7. Nov. 1:
    8. Nov. 8:
    9. Nov. 15:

Weight -/+ this week: -5.1
    Total weight -/+ this challenge: -9.5
    Total overall weight lost so far: -14.3
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    FALL CHALLENGE

Name: Tracy
    Height: 5' 2 1/2"

Start Weight (as of Sept. 16th): 176.4
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): 167

1. Sept. 20: 174.4
    2. Sept. 27: 175.6
    3. Oct. 4: 178.6
    4. Oct. 11:
    5. Oct. 18:
    6. Oct. 25:
    7. Nov. 1:
    8. Nov. 8:
    9. Nov. 15:

Weight -/+ this week: +3
    Total weight -/+ this challenge: +2.2

Well, I'm going in the wrong direction. I know most of it is just water weight gain (have not been doing well with sodium intake) but some of it is overeating. I'm actually starting to get my appetite back some so I am going to have to start watching more carefully what I eat. And I need to re-commit to tracking my intake every day, as I eat, so I can manage my sodium intake better.

Tracy
    TX
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    FALL CHALLENGE

Name: KarenLeona
    Height: 5ft 11in

Start Weight (as of Sept. 16th): 335
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): anything less!

1. Sept. 20: 335
    2. Sept. 27: 332.4
    4. Oct. 4: 332.4
    5. Oct. 11:
    6. Oct. 18:
    7. Oct. 25:
    8. Nov. 1:
    9. Nov. 8:
    10. Nov. 15:

Weight -/+ this week: 0
    Total weight -/+ this challenge: -2.6
    Total overall weight lost so far: -2.6

Corrected my starting weight which I had guessed at.

Struggling with life
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    @Moni2027 - Monique, I haven't seen you on here before but that just means I missed some pages. You are doing great, congrats on your loss! And welcome to the thread. If you haven't already, you will soon see that we are all here to support each other, cheer you on, and empathize when things go wrong.

Wednesday wish - that I wasn't so tired all the time! We had doctor appointments in Austin today, I was supposed to do fasting labs but forgot (again) and ate breakfast so had to reschedule (again)! By the time we got home and I got my hubs set up (he's disabled so that means unloading the truck, refilling oxygen bottles, settling him in his wheelchair, and helping him de-stress), I had time to gulp down 2 pieces of pizza (I took everything off the top and gave it to the dog, along with the crust) and run back out the door so I could get to work on time. Went over on sodium, but mostly what I ate was bread and sauce, very little of anything else. Whew, I feel like I ran a marathon and staying awake tonight has been next to impossible! Still have to make it home at 1 am with a 1 hour drive, thank God my sister stays up just to talk me home on the phone. She is a blessing to be sure!

On the good news front, I went to my eye doctor on Monday and found that the pressure on my optic nerve has gone down to 11 (previously has been as high as 32), which Doc says is "fabulous" and indicates my diabetes is well controlled. No sign of optic nerve damage so glaucoma is BETTER, AND, my RX in my right eye has improved significantly, yeah!!!! Ordered a new pair of computer/reading glasses which I will post when I get them, they are adorable!

Tracy
    TX
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I have fallen totally out of the wagon … I have been binge eating since I think Sunday. I think this is the first time since I started MFP about 9 months ago that it has been this bad and that I have gained so much weight back …3.1lbs (and actually its more because I have lost an extra lbs last week ….).

I am disappointed of this … why can’t I go back to focus on loosing weight? I know I should be happy with 70+lbs loss but I do need to loose at least 100lbs, so why I am sabotaging myself?

Yesterday I looked like a mad woman eating cookies one after the other after the other …. And then I went and had dinner … a burger; was I even hungry? Most likely not! Of course this morning I feel like a balloon of all those carbs.

Has anyone had a situation like this? How did you manage to refocus?

FALL CHALLENGE

Name: Ana
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (as of Sept. 16th): 156.8
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): 148

1. Sept. 20: 155.7
    2. Sept. 27: 153.4
    3. Oct. 4: 156.5
    4. Oct. 11:
    5. Oct. 18:
    6. Oct. 25: