Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @Nikion901 Thanks for the clarification on who sets a goal for the challenge. And way to go on the loose pullover shirt!!!!!!!!!!!! What an awesome feeling that must be. A big congratulations! As for the MFP page numbers, glad someone else saw it too. I wasn't sure. Maybe MFP shortened how many posts go per page, making the page numbers higher? I don't know. Anyhow, I was just curious about it.

For those on Daylight Savings Time:
    c0wotahi5itt.jpg
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    @b_lisieux I noticed the page numbers too...(after you mentioned it!) LOL Thanks for the time change reminder, I had forgotten even though I just checked a week ago.

About challenges, as Niki said we all choose our own goals to meet and discuss how long the challenge should run plus if we want to add anything else to it besides weight. We used to have some people that liked to add in exercise, nutritional goals, etc. Lately, we have pretty much just stuck to weight. We also decided this last time that this current challenge would end prior to the US Thanksgiving and we would not continue thru the holiday season, which probably was a good decision as a lot of people that started this challenge have disappeared! I am sure (I sincerely hope at least) that we will continue with more challenges in the new year. On that note, if anyone wants to do one thru the holiday season I would participate and also be willing to record for it again. That's something else we usually take turns doing, but I expect to have time to record again, as long as no one minds the reports being done on Fridays, which I have done for two reasons; one, quite a few people have not reported until Thursday or even Friday and two, because that's an easier day for me to do the report. We have a couple of weeks to decide.
  • b_lisieux
    Options
    @bapcarrier I appreciate the explanation about the challenges. I came to this group mid-way so never participated. For my two cents, I think just tracking weight is enough for anyone to have to keep track of. I can't even imagine how you keep it all straight! That is so great of you to do it for the group. I also think no challenge through the US holiday season would be a good idea. Everyone knows what to do, they can see on their journal how they are doing and can record their weight each week on MFP. A challenge isn't necessarily going to make or break one's progress. There's enough busy-ness around the holidays that it would be nice not to stress out about a challenge, and that goes for you, too. No need to add the extra burden of tracking it all, however you do it. Just my two cents for whatever it's worth.

Everyone on DST, enjoy the extra hour of sleep tonight! :wink:
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Went to a birthday party today. Food was Mexican themed and I stayed on plan. Prepared myself a nice chicken salad with salsa for dressing and lots of veggies/ There was a yummy pomegranate salad and I had a couple of tablespons. No cake, no tortillas, no overeating. Feeling better today, got a full nights sleep

HAPPYGIRL - I would be happy too. Great achievement. All that walking in helping out. i just know if I lose as much weight as I plan to, that I will go wild in Chico's.

cellosmiles - Those steps help. Get some rest

b-lsieux - Thanks for the med name. Maybe you want have to go, but if you do, you can probably pack a lunch. 6.5 lbs. Big Congrats to you. I summer in Amish country and the food is sooo good

Birdygirl15- It's so much better today. Started taking Motrin 800 and slept thru the night. My sister said her Dr told her that you can't heal when you are in so much pain. Back to Dr Tuesday and if I am lucky, it will just be a sprain

Terry - Copngrats on 44 lbs. That is my first short term goal, but I have a way to go. Hang in there

Niki - That is such a profound thought. I am posting it in my kitchen. Congrats on reaching your challenge goal aheAd of time. Good going on getting into another size.

Barb - Congrats on reaching your challenge goal ahead of time. Also for Onderland. I have been in Onderland since 2007 but I am headed back there.

Thanks for doing all the recording. I enjoy the challenges. They spur me forward, but I'm on another challenge for year end and it is a busy time of the year. So I'm cool with starting again after 1st of year

Katrena
  • b_lisieux
    Options
    @Katrenaj Way to go on the birthday party!!! Great job on having fun but still staying on track. You have definitely got this! Glad the Motrin is helping.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
  • tdunnegan
    tdunnegan Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Just got back from a wonderful 6 mile hike. Wonderful.

I am inspired by the thought of moving to a size 8. Heck I'll take size 12. Nikion - your quote is so true ... thanks for that.

The fact that e of us met weight loss goal proves to me that it can be done. Tx for leading the way

6frwmum5rzzi.jpg
  • tdunnegan
    Options
    @newjax2017. Many tx for the encouragement.
  • tdunnegan
    Options
    2nd try - posting pic from my home today

• KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    A few lbs have creeped back on despite my diligence. Problem is skipping meals. Had company on and off all day yesterday. They had eaten before they came and I didnt want to prepare my meal and eat in front on them. Missed lunch all together and then went to Taco Bell around 730. Ate two Taco Supremes. Then nibbled on seed,fruit mix and peanut butter. Not too much over on counts but almost a lb added on.

I must do a better job planning and preparing emergency snacks

b-lisieau - Every hour is a new challenge

T Dunnegan - Your hike sounds like so much fun. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pic. We have one coming up soon in the mountains, 2 miles loop and then to a waterfall. Don't think I will be able to go with my knee but this is temporary. Soon I will be able to hike again
  • b_lisieux
    Options
    @katrenaj I know that awkward scenario when others come by and you haven't eaten yet and you don't want to fix a meal in front of them. The temporary gain will come right back off once you are back to your normal routine. I'm sure there was a lot of sodium in the Taco Bell and some water weight. Skipping meals regularly isn't good. Your body thinks it's in starvation mode and wants to hang on to every bit of food it gets.
    @tdunnegan Beautiful fall colors! You have a great view from your home! Congrats on the 6 mile hike! I get tired just reading that! LOL

Had a good weekend and actually had no social events to worry about and plan for. I managed to escape jury duty for today. I'll find out after 5pm today if I escape tomorrow. Fingers crossed that I do. :wink:

Wishing everyone a great Monday!
  • newjax2017
    newjax2017 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have noticed the following...
    A lot of people comment on my weight loss (I live in a small town and everyone has mostly known me as a little to a lot overweight ) and I smile and say thank you, but it doesn't sink in.
    However, when the people here are supportive and say hey look at how well you are doing! It really sinks in and I can acknowledge my progress.. maybe it's because I know you all know the struggle. But it makes me happy.
    I am grateful for this .
    Thank you!
  • Staceyblewin
    Staceyblewin Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Good morning sunshines! It's my first post here. I'm Stacey. I had a rough weekend (but a fun one so I'm okay with it) but it's time to be serious. I have.... 150lbs to lose to start off with. I'm feeling good though. Any have any fast food suggestions for lunch today? I got home late last night from vacation so I didn't get to prepare my meals.
  • verybusybee
    verybusybee Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I had a relatively good weekend. Watch the last baseball tournament for my bonus son all weekend and still managed to make healthy eating choices. Didn't eat a lot yesterday and that was a bit of an issue but overall I did well.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Monday Checkin ... weight changed by 2 pounds from last Monday's weigh-in to this mornings weight ... now to hold that stead or drop a few more ounces before my Wednesday weigh-in for our challenge.

Trying to follow the food group servings per day recommendations from the DASH eating plan is keeping my calories at a better range. But then, I didn't have my pasta dish last week ... and since Monday's are usually meatless days from habit it's on the horizon to have some today.

@Staceyblewin ... hope you found something for your lunch today. When I don't know what to eat the meal often ends up being 'loaded' oatmeal or another porridge, with fruit and nuts in it.
  • b_lisieux
    Options
    @newjax2017 We are all in this journey together so we KNOW what it's like to lose anything at all, the work it takes, the commitment and diligence, so yeah, that makes sense to me about when you hear it from others on this thread. Others just see us and see the body change but most have no clue what it took to get there!
    @staceyblewin Welcome! Hopefully you found something good on calories for your lunch. MFP has an extensive food list including restaurants so that might help you if your search there. You will find a lot of support and motivation on this thread.
    @Nikion901 You will get there by Wednesday! I am sure. :)
  • Nikion901
    edited November 2017
    Options
    So ... I decided to have that pasta and made a very healthy version using onion, mushroom, garlic, curly kale, and tomatoes for the sauce ... but now, 90 minutes after the meal I find myself wanting to take nap! Oh, now I remember why I always fall asleep in the evening when I have pasta for supper instead of lunch! .... :) ... and why I limit it to once a week. Still I really like it and am already planning that next weeks pasta dishes ... it will be garlicky shrimp sauce on it. Then it's Thanksgiving week after that and so I can plan on turkey noodle soup ... and then ... and then ... yep, I love pasta! Maybe I'll make a lasagna or stuffed shells or tortellini soup around the end of the year.

@b_lisieux ... you're getting to be our cheerleader! Thanks! ... I'm there now, just want to go even lower!

So @everyone_who_is_a_Pasta_lover ... what is your favorite pasta dish?

• happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Monday Check - In

On my 2nd and last week of vacation ... scary to weigh - in when back home :# but I am enjoying myself so that is what counts! Next week when back will be healthy eating and exercising (however my dad is visiting so that might complicate things a bit ... but he is a health nut so I don’t think I will have much of an issue sticking to it ... he is in his 70s and walks daily, does Pilates at least once a week and eats healthy stuff in every meal ... I don’t know where I am inherited the junk food gene!!! :D )

Today a record ... visited the SFMoma in high heals! Walked the whole museum with no problem, that was like 2 hours non stop! Do you burn more calories for walking in heals instead of flats?! :D I hope so!!

@Nikion901 I love angel hair pasta ... don’t like the thick ones; and just something as simple aglio e olio with cheese is enough for me! Recently I have changed pasta for zucchini noodles which makes it lighter so then I choose heavier sauces like Gorgonzola or creamy smoked salmon.

I wanted to share a photo of some of my favorite pieces at the museum but the app is not letting me attach it :neutral:
  • Nikion901
    Options
    A little hump day inspiration for y'all. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xo1VInw-SKc

Tuesday Goals ... Came across this post from back in 2015 .... "This is my fight song, Take back my life song ... I've still got a lot of fight left in me"
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    @KATRENAJ - welcome back! Your vacation sounds fabulous sans the knee problem. Don't fret too much just yet on the torn meniscus (if that ends up being the diagnosis). I broke my tibia plateau 10 years ago which also resulted in a torn meniscus. My Ortho said he wasn't doing surgery unless it became unbearable at some point. He was more concerned with healing the fracture. Well, here I am 10 years later and still no surgery. It bothers me only from time to time but nothing that a dose of Motrin can't handle. My daughter has tears in both her knees (she was very athletic in her high school years, no telling exactly when it happened). She, too, is able to deal with no surgery. My son on the other hand, had meniscus surgery on both his knees. But he was a collegiate athlete, for him there was no other option. My point, surgery is not always necessary for a torn meniscus. :)

@Nikion901 - Your FB memory... WOW! It hit a real chord with me. It's been my problem since probably June. I need to print this and plaster it every where!

@bapcarrier - First, congrats on ONEderland!! I plan on doing a challenge after this one thru the end of the year. Even if I do it myself and am the only one posting weekly weigh ins. I have been struggling for months and my fear is that if I abandon publicly publishing my weekly weigh ins, I will REALLY spiral out of control without that accountability. I just need to do it for me. If others want to continue and you want to keep records, that's just an added bonus. :)

@Birdygirl15 - I solve the scrolling-while-posting problem by opening two tabs in my internet browser to the thread. I use one tab for scrolling everyone's posts so that I can reference. The other tab I use for my post. I just click back and forth between the two tabs. Or sometimes I will scroll the thread from the app on my phone while posting from my computer. I hope those options help.

@happygirlxxx - First, congrats on your smaller size shopping adventure! Always an awesome achievement. Also, those pictures from your museum visit are great! Glad you are having a good time. You made me smile when you spoke of your father and "where did your genes come from". I can relate. My father is like yours, walks and stays in shape. He is fortunate enough to be able to eat pretty much whatever he wants and not gain weight. He is not much of a healthy eater, per se. Me, well, I look at food and gain weight! :(

Until next time; wishing everyone Peace B) , Love <3 and Weight Loss :smiley: !!