Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Good morning all, it's been a long long time since i've been in group. A lot have happen and some changes that i'm overwhelmed about. I know there are a lot of ppl here i don't know however many i do.

Wednesday Wish, is that i heal from this past surgery that i had on 12/7/2012 and get back to my daily routine. I was doing so good but since my surgery this has been a challenge, :ohwell: nothing that i can't get pass:wink: I hope everyone have a fantastic day and enjoy life:heart:

1d13c000fba78fd.gif

wow, welcome back! hope you feel great again soon
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    @believeth64- welcome back and hope you start feeling better

Update on goals...

Mon- 25 min walk and 5 min elliptical--completed
    Tue-25 min walk and 5 min elliptical - didn't do went home sick from work
    Wed- 25 min walk and 5 min elliptical - didn't do son's teacher called for meeting on behavior
    Thur- 55 min walk and 5 min elliptical
    Fri- 25 min walk and 5 min elliptical
    Sat - 55 min walk and 5 min elliptical-try to make time for weights
    Sun-55 min walk and 5 min elliptical-try to make time for weights
  • rachael726
    rachael726 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Wednesday wish---I wish my legs did not hurt as bad as they do. I definitely got a really good workout yesterday, but now today, I can barely walk up and down all the stairs at work. I am literally holding onto the railing to go down because I feel like my legs are going to give out. LOL- I know its a good hurt, but I havent been THIS sore since I started working out.

I think I am going to just discuss my financial situation with the trainer tonight. I can't really handle it financially and I dont want to push myself up against a wall just to burn some calories. I'm sure that it would be EXTREMELY beneficial with me to do it, but it's unrealistic right now $$ wise.

I really appreciate all of the advice from you guys. I have to do what is best for me right now and I think I can do this without a trainer, at least for right now. Now I just have to break the news to dear ol' Jason.

-Rachael
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    @Kelley -- How hot is that? You're not in the southern hemisphere, are you?
    @Holly -- I think it's definitely best to mix up exercise and do lots of different types. I just *enjoy* some things more than others. So I do those more. And I can't do sit-ups at all!
    @Rachael -- Yay that people are noticing! It shows first on the face. I don't have a trainer -- I get no shortage of recommendations for workouts from the internet! I think trainers are really good if you're inclined not to push yourself properly or tend to skip workouts. I gave myself an allowance, for every pound I lost I was allowed to spend so much on exercise stuff. I'm not keeping track so much now because I mostly have the stuff I need and most of my expenditure is regular things like badminton court fees, but it first it was really good because it reminded me that this lifestyle change was something I was investing in and that for me, it was worth spending money on. If you're short of money, though, you need to balance the cost of the trainer against the other pressures. Only you can make that choice.
    @Sarabeth -- are you doing couch to 5k or similar? If you're having trouble finishing the intervals, slow down. I know it's counter-intuitive, but it works. April is a reasonable goal for being able to run for 40 minutes continuously, which should get you through your 5k. You will probably find that a mixture of running and walking continues to be quicker than running all the time. I can jog continuously for 5 miles now, but my fastest 5k times are run/walking rather than all running. How often are you running? 3 times a week is plenty at first. Good luck!
    @Karen -- 80g of protein would be really hard for me. I often end up at around 60-70g, and sometimes less. But 80g is about what my target is set at, so it should be doable.
    @Tammy -- I have to be careful to get up properly in the morning. It's just too easy to sort of laze around in my jammies till everyone else has gone out for the day.
    @Tina -- good to hear from you! I'd really recommend logging your food; it does concentrate the mind even if you're not trying to make better choices. Try relaxing with a bit of a workout...?
    @Robin -- oh, your poor lips! I think threading is the best for getting rid of the hair without too much pain or inconvenience. But you need to know someone who can do it.
    @Katrena -- good to see you back! I did WW a few years ago and lost quite a lot of weight on it; I didn't like the classes much though and I sort of got fed up of paying for it.
    @Kaye -- good luck squeezing in a walk tomorrow! I know you can do it.
    @Believeth64 -- good to see you! Good luck getting back to your routine.

The exact location of the waist -- I think it's supposed to be at the thinnest point, and for most people that's a couple of inches above the navel.

Wednesday wishes -- Today I sort of wish I was thin *now*. Though I was sitting opposite a girl on the bus earlier and she didn't look any fatter than I think of myself as being -- but her thighs were about twice the width of mine! So I guess I had Massive Thighs six months ago too, and that I'm not as heavy as I think I am. That was quite the NSV really.

Groundhog day -- I like Skinny's goal of 80g of protein every day, I'm going to nick that. But I'm going to to for 75g because I am a wuss. And Kelley's given me another idea -- a plank every day. Ooh er. I hate plank, and I know they're really good for me. So, there's two things. 80g of protein, and at least a minute of plank. That plank might take five goes the first time!

Have a great day, everyone!

-- Alison
  • kvandeest
    kvandeest Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My Wednesday Wish: I wish my 91 year old grandfather would get well enough to return to his assisted living apartment. He is in the hospital with mutiple problems. It's hard to go between work, home and hospital to try to help my mom out and him. Dinner last night was a handful of M & M's. I will have to try planning better.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    wednesday wish- CONSISTENCY!!! i am up and down like a yo yo
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Wednesday wish - I've got nothing. I have to say, I'm pretty blessed. The scale started moving again, not by any leaps or bounds, but it's moving. I've got all I need. Life's not too terribly bad. A little more money coming in would be nice, but we're ok where we are.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning.Well my new goals got blasted the second day in . I went to bed last night on time feeling fine and woke up with the headache from hell around midnight. I wasnt able to get it to a level I could fall back asleep until around five or six so ended up sleeping til noon. Needless to say I am moving slow and feeling sluggish today so probably wont tleave the house for the job hunt activities i had plpanned but will try to do some mor online stuff a little later. I hope to still get some form af activity in today but am playing it by ear. Dont want the linering pain in my head to blow up again. My wish for this wednesday is that the next two months fly by so my husband can come home. I am just really missing him today. Well going to grab another glass of water because experience has taught me that if I get dehydrated the headache will get worse. Bye for now.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Believeth - so glad to hear your beyond your latest surgery. Wishing you the best and I know the weight will be streaming off of you now.

jt - sorry your dealing with a nasty headache, but glad to hear your pushing the water. Keep at that same sleep cycle if you can.

The residual of my girlfriend re-arranging my living room was a mess in my spare bedroom - all kinds of lamps and tables and nik-naks, pillows and fabrics she pulled out of closets I had to put away today. Sheesh what a mess. I still need to vacuum and dust now and my forecasting abilities don't see that happening. During the night 3-5 inches of snow blew in and more to come tonight, so I'm planning a bowl of chili for dinner.

Weds Wish - anything - surprise me! :laugh:
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    wednesday wish is for my husband who is having some major physical issues as a result of stress, probably. he is getting some testing to make sure it isn't something else. but his bp went from so low that he was practically dead to 140/90 and his resting pulse rate is over 100. he's lost 12 pounds in 6 weeks. they did do that other testing to make sure but it's possible he just really needs a new job. his job is incredibly high stress. so we'll see what happens. but i feel bad for him
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Taught a lesson on setting goals to 10 and 11 year old girls last week and felt like a hypocrite, soooooooo . . .

I made several simple goals for myself, writing them down, including bed by 11:30 p.m. and staying under 1500k each day until February 28th. Even made a chart and have happy face stickers for each day I'm successful. :smile: Sounds childish, I know.

So instead of WISHES, I'm making goals. My thinking is if I'm just "standing still," making NO forward progress, it's the same as moving backward (just my personal philosophy...remember, this is coming from someone who plateau'd for a very, very long time). Even baby steps are progress.

To make it through another CANDY month (why are so many holidays linked to chocolate?), I'm inviting anyone who wishes to join me in a (gulp, I can't believe I'm saying this) CHOCOLATE FREE MONTH in February. Anyone up for the challenge????

The last 2 1/2 months have been backsliding and denial for me and I'm trying not to feel like such a loser (and I don't mean as in Biggest L......). That's the main reason I've been lurking and not posting. :blushing:

Marsha
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    FOLLOW the plan girl and u will get there!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @marsha--as a teacher I :heart: happy face stickers!! I use them all the time on my students' work and they love them too! It's kind of funny b/c when I'm at starbucks grading, people will ask what I teach and when I say 11th and 12th grade English, they always seem a bit surprised by my sticker booklet. I think they will be a great motivational tool for you! As far as the chocolate-free month, I salute you, but there's no way I can join in on that! :blushing:
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,140 Member
    Options
    Wednesday wish - that I can just straighten up the raveling bits of my life and be the person I want to be. :blushing:

As to February - this is an odd thing but I really am working on tweaking my nutritional program so I actually want to include something in my eating plan each day that has raw walnuts in it OR just several raw walnut halves. Yeah, I know, hey Lin another oddball thing right? Well, here's the short and incomplete explanation, I've eliminated all butter, margarine, oil, cheese, etc. from my diet and need to have some healthy oil in my diet. I need to make the tiny bit of walnut consistent. I've got small amounts of flaxseed and chia seed daily. Just need this one additional element. :glasses:

(And Robin I will do at least one of my walking miles each day with Leslie whenever I have access to a DVD player. :bigsmile: )

I use a bit of unsweetened cocoa powder in my smoothie so I'm sorry, I have to pass on the no chocolate month. :cry:

The official Groundhog Day will soon be with us. Will Phil see his shadow? I'm guessing YES!!! :bigsmile:

Take care my friends. :drinker:

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • rachael726
    rachael726 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Evening all!!!

@ Marsha- I think those small goals are great!! I am going to try no chocolate. I really havent had much. Literally 1 mini bite the other day. So I'm on board!

@ Lin - I'm keeping up with ur salad challenge. 2 so far this week!!!

I had my apparently last training session tonight and whoooooooa I'm even more sore than before. I talked to Jason about it being too expensive and at first he gave me massive attitude!!! Shooocker!! Then I finally blurted out, what do you want me to do if u can't afford it, I'm a single mom.. His initial response was to cut corners.. That *#}%=+!!! He's just mad bc I'm not filling his wallet!! Sooooorry!!! Lol

Good night everyone!! Let your sore muscles rest :)

Rachael
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: I really need to get off this number. I just received my 180 days of logging notice. I'm exercising on a regular basis. I'm staying under my calories (most days). I'm eating nutritious foods (most items). I've got a check-up with the dietician I've been meeting regularly on Friday. I'm hoping to share some of my concerns and see if we need to tweak my numbers again. I know she wants me to eat more, but that's so hard to understand. You watch Biggest Loser and they're not eating the large amount of calories even though they're burning a LOT more calories than I am. I just have to be patient and keep doing what I've been doing. It's so hard!!!! Other than that, life is OK.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Rachael- the sore legs will go away, drink plenty of water and some advil may help as well. I am usually sore a day or two after a major workout. I am sorry that your trainer gave you an attitude about the cost. It is sad that the gym doesn't have other options to decrease the cost. You can take what you learned from Jason and use it in your own workouts.

Believeth- Welcome Back. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

I am still thinking about my Feb. commitment- a couple of things sound good but I am not sure exactly what I want to do yet.

Wish-- That my cold goes away. I have two meetings tomorrow the only saving grace is that I will be out of the building spending time with my team mates. The other meeting will occur unless Old Man Winter decides to let it snow early enough that they cancel after school activities. Mid-West friends- my county will close close even with the threat of snow. We Maryland gets snow it tends to stick and doesn't melt quickly, then the traffic gets crazy. When after school activities get cancelled so do after school meetings.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @laurie--our school only closes if the buses can't run their routes. Hope your cold goes away quickly!

@susan--I also had a hard time understanding the need to eat MORE calories to lose weight. Sounds crazy, but this analogy helped me. Think of your metabolism as a fire and the fuel is the calories you feed it. If you don't throw any new logs on a fire, it will burn really low, but when you do throw a log on the fire, it blazes up and burns hotter. That's kind of how I view my metabolism; I need to put the right amount of fuel in my body to speed it up enough to lose weight. Don't know if this helps...

@rachael--sorry you got attitude from the trainer--that's not right. Good for you for not letting him pressure you into spending money you can't spare right now.

@lin--I really hope Phil doesn't see his shadow--I don't want 6 more weeks of winter!

@toots--hope your husbands tests results come back ok and that if it is stress, he can find some relief. :flowerforyou:

@robin--glad you got a start cleaning up the mess--enjoy that chili!

@tammy--hope your headache goes away quickly! :flowerforyou:

@karenleona--is it the scale going up and down, or your calories, or both? Sounds like the Feb. challenge is tailor made for you--it's all about consistency. :happy:

I almost forgot to add that I *finally* cleaned my bathroom. Not that it hasn't been done piecemeal over the past few weeks, I finally did the whole thing at once including scrubbing the floor on my hands and knees. I decided that would count as my core work (I made sure to contract my abs the whole time :wink: :laugh: ).

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--run outside (60+ degrees!!) RAINING so I went to the gym (bicycle + treadmill) DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + core CLEANED INSTEAD
    Thurs--walk gunner
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (long run)
    Sun--walk gunner + gym

Grading Goals:
    1. 6/56 America poems/journals
  • sarabeth02
    sarabeth02 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @Bohemian - Yes! I am doing c25k! I like to say that I'm on week 0, since week 1 involves running for a minute. It's a bit frustrating, but I hope I can progress up to a minute. I think when I do jog, I end up running instead of jogging, so you're probably right, I need to slow it down. Thanks! :happy:

As for my Wednesday Wish....I wish I could find a job instead of just waiting around for an answer from the many many applications I have put in. I'm starting to get frustrated with the whole job hunting thing, and I'm trying my hardest not to vent through the use of food or sleep. So, here's to being healthy in my frustration! :drinker:
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    @Kathy -- hope your grandfather's back to normal soon.
    @Tammy -- I hate the way that headaches throw you off course. Hope you're feeling better soon. Do you have a two-month fitness plan? Because I think it would be really cool to say, do a strength workout or something and be able to say to your husband "I've missed you, but look at what I can *lift*."
    @Toots -- hope your husband can find a better situation soon.
    @Marsha -- good to see you back! I can't do deprivation; somehow I need to know that I could have that giant chocolate bar if I wanted it, even though I never do.
    @Lin -- I'd always pick pecans over walnuts personally, but I think most nuts are really good for you.
    @Rachael -- a good trainer ought to be able to offer you options to fit *your* wallet, not his. So a program to follow for six weeks on your own, and then another personal session. That sort of thing.
    @Susan -- When you stay 'staying under your calories (most days)', are you logging *everything* (and weighing everything)? Because your diary looks way under a lot of the time -- with the only exception being that brilliant steak and lobster meal. So I do wonder if you need to be eating a bit more. Keep being patient!
    @Sarabeth -- the c25k program I used only had a couple of 1m intervals in the first week (you did 30sec, 45 sec, 60 sec, repeated three times) -- I think it was easier to start than the regular c25k because of that. It all gets you to the same place in the end.

Thursday Truth -- After it being tidied up for Christmas, the house is getting out of control again. I had a big ol' whine at my husband this morning, and it's really not his fault! OK, let's get it back in order. Have a super Thursday, everyone!

-- Alison