Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, I didn't post yesterday because I didn't have much to report. It was a busy, but relatively quiet day.
    Sunday share: I am 68 years old, retired, live in South West ID. I have 7 children, with spouses, 14 grandchildren, and a husband of nearly 48 years. A lot of my life revolves around my family. We have our health challenges, but are doing relatively well.
    Like so many others here, I've struggled with my weight most of my life. I began my present journey at the end of Sept 2012, and found Robin's group a few days later. The first 5 months went really well, losing an average of more than 10# per month. It has slowed down now and I'm going to have to be really patient because I still have a long way to go. After a bit of a plateau, I did lose 2.3# this week.
    Our daughter and her family are coming from Vancouver, WA today to stay for a few days. When they are here, the other members of the family who live close by like to come, too. We'll have 24 for dinner today, and most of the days this week. On Thurs. we'll have 28. It is fun, but I'll be ready for a rest.
    Karen, good job on quitting smoking.
    I wish each of you a Happy Easter and a great day. I should have time to get in a good walk after church so dinner won't do too much damage. So far I've succeeded in not seeing any Easter candy in the house.
    Kaye
  • wsugrad05
    wsugrad05 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm new on here (2nd day), and really could use some friends and motivation! I'm a 57 year old professional woman with the typical weight loss story of having tried everything in the past, including gastric bypass surgery 9 yrs. ago. I want to finally get this weight loss monkey off my back for good! Anyone want to help me stay motivated and sane?
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Hi I just found this and joined I need to loose 100 lb not sure how they creeped on me..... I had a hysterectomy at age 21 and I stopped looking at myself I am now 42 and OMG where did I go? I look forward to support and guidance as I am a nail tech with a sit down job. I do walk to work 30 minutes of walking to and from. So I am not sedentry. We like to be outdoors in the nice weather and I love my bike.....

rutlandgrl - welcome to this thread. You've found a really supportive group and we'll offer guidance as well.
    Just keep coming back and we'll help you out!
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm new on here (2nd day), and really could use some friends and motivation! I'm a 57 year old professional woman with the typical weight loss story of having tried everything in the past, including gastric bypass surgery 9 yrs. ago. I want to finally get this weight loss monkey off my back for good! Anyone want to help me stay motivated and sane?

wsugrad - welcome also to this great thread! This is a terrific place to find friends and motivation as well as maintaining your sanity!
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Well Happy Easter Everyone! I am a 61 year old, divorced, with no kids, lady in poor health trying to lose weight for the LAST time in my life. I started this thread to meet people in similar circumstances, and its been very helpful to me.

THis morning when I opened my condo door to get the morning paper, one of my nice neighbors had left a little nest with 3 candy eggs in it for me and my fellow neighbors. How kind! Its taken much of my energy not to eat them yet.

Its so beautiful today that my BF and I are going to hit some golf balls today. He scored a complete set of left-handed golf clubs for me off of Craigs list for $20 last week, so it looks like I'll be learning golf this year!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    I have had a couple of busy days filled with getting errands done. Today, I am back and getting caught up on all the posts.

Karen-Hope you get your grading done, You have done an amazing job in getting all that accomplished.

Welcome to all the new people today.

Workout schedule for this week
    Saturday- light cardio and weight workout
    Sunday- EASTER- Rest day
    Monday-Trainer workout
    Tuesday- light workout
    Wednesday- Rest
    Thursday- Cardio/ strength
    Friday- rock climbing

Hope everyone has a nice Easter day or a pleasant Sunday.
  • ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    @Karen Bravo for quitting smoking. I started again, and smoked a TON when I went home to my mom's for the funeral. I know people who have had success quitting with an e-cigarette, even if they bought it originally to smoke anywhere.

Sunday Share: My name is Erienne and I'll be 23 this May. I have a husband who adores me, and we will be married 2 years in July. I live in Lansing, MI and just graduated from Michigan State. I've been a big girl all of my life, and am ready to start living healthier and happier. I'm trying my best to take a body positive approach to my fitness, but sometimes that pesky wish to be in a bikini for the first time gets in the way. My life has changed forever since I made this commitment of health to myself, and I don't ever want to go back to drowning myself in junk food and dreading exercise.

For Easter, we are getting together at my in-laws. I made deviled eggs, which I presented on an egg plate my grandmother used to take to all of our family parties. I am proud of being able to use it now myself. I also made a low fat version of Better Than Sex cake, using applesauce instead of oil for the cake, and a fat free Cool Whip. I can tell myself it's better, right?! It looks so good I'm suprised I didn't devour it last night.

I am ordering Insanity. I haven't decided if I will be ordering Shakeology with it, as part of the challenge program my friend is offering. I'm not sure I want to blow an extra $100 on shakes.

Hope everyone has a fabulous week!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    I just posted a picture of my new hair style. The color is hard to see but it is red so I am adjusting to it. My students will make the final call if I keep it this color or have it done a little darker. Let me know what you all think.

Karen- Great job on quitting smoking. That is a wonderful goal to have.

Bailey- I hope you enjoyed your Easter dinner.
    Robin Have a great time playing golf. I am looking forward to hearing your stories about the golf course.
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    For those who celebrate Easter, hope you've had a lovely one. For those like me who don't - hope you had a great day of rest (or at least minimal crazies at work).

Husband did ham for dinner (since it was on sale), and I've been trying very hard not to make a pig of myself on it (pun definitely intended!). Probably ate a bit more than I should have, particularly blew up my sodium numbers.

Sorry no personals right now - just so busy with work. I do wish those who are struggling lots of strength, and a big welcome to the newlings!

I like the idea of the April Fool's challenge - it's going to be a tough one for me! Finding a substitute that doesn't break my budget is going to be a real challenge, 'cuz I loves me some retail therapy, y'know. :bigsmile:
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Laurie - I LOVE your hair color and cut - I want to out vote your kids if they want to change the color - I want you to keep it this way - its gorgeous!

Skinny - I meant to say congrats to you for your efforts on quitting smoking. Just keep working with that electronic cigarette and make it your friend....

Golfing was fun - we just hit a bucket of balls and it was really windy but I got better the longer I hit. I went from little dribblers to actually getting the balls aloft. I tried out a lot of clubs and ended with a 7 iron as my favorite. :flowerforyou:

ebailey - carrying your eggs on your grandmother's tray is very sentimental and special. Nice tradition there.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @laurie--thanks, I didn't quite finish--still have 12 papers, but they are for 4th quarter so it wasn't vital that I finish before tomorrow. I love the hair!

@erienne--I think we all occasionally get impatient with the "healthy" approach and log for quick results. As long as you are living your life according to the body positive approach, you'll get to the bikini (and are more likely to stay in it). I've heard both good and bad about Shakeology--from what I've heard it's an ok shake, but kind of expensive with a lot of over-exaggerated health benefits. I don't drink shakes b/c I prefer to eat rather than drink my calories.

Welcome to the new folks and thanks for the support about my attempt to quit smoking.

AFM--I had a fun day visiting with family for Easter. Ate way too much, but at least got in 2 walks with gunner today. Tomorrow I will have to finish up the grading I have left, so no gym for me until Tuesday.

I think for the April Fool's Challenge I am going to limit myself to 3 mocha frap lights or skinny macchiatos/week. If I go to starbucks more than 3 times in a week, I will need to "fool" myself with a zero or very low calorie drink.

Grading goals:
    1. 45/57 Junior Research Papers
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Laurie the new do is great. You really look good.
    Welcome to the new ones. If you will come here often and post often, you will get lots of support and make friends quickly.
    It sounds like everyone had a good day. We did. It was pretty crazy here with 12 kids and 10 adults, but I think everyone had a good time. We had lots of good food. I made 6 doz. large dinner rolls. They are almost gone. The kids were actually grabbing one for the road as they went out the door, instead of the cupcakes. Two of my daughters are into experimenting with cupcake recipes. I ate very conservatively today and took a long walk so I was able to sample the cupcakes and stay under my goal.
    Well, it will be a crazy week and I am already tired! I hope that I sleep well tonight. Hope you do, too.
    Kaye
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Sunday Share: I've missed you guys!! I left Wednesday for southern California with my son for Spring Break. We had a blast!! I hate roller coasters, but with the 60 lbs I've lost I was able to fit in the rides - WOO HOO!! Again, I hate them, but did them for my son. The one ride was tight and the bars completely smooshed the twins, but it closed - whew!!!

I'm Susan, single mom to Cyrus (10 1/2) and we live in Las Vegas. I just started a new job 6 weeks ago (can you believe it's already been 6 weeks??!!!) and I'm LOVING it!! I'm a the Director of Purchasing & QA for an awesome chain called Capriotti's Sandwich Shop. Regarding this journey I started back in January 2012, but didn't start tracking with MFP until August 2012. I had lost 60 lbs, but have been in a funk the past few months. Tomorrow is a new day. I'm going to weigh myself, show the gain, and move on. I want to be under 200 by Christmas, which is doable. I'm so behind and probably have 5 pages, but I have to get caught up and see how you guys are doing.

I missed you!!!!!
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello

Today was a fun busy day with both family and friends. Enjoy the day with a wonderful church service. We are bless to be part of a wonderful church family that we enjoy being with year round. Today wad just extra fun.

Did ok with the luncheon but slip.a bit with the candy snacking. I did better now than the past but need to do even better.

Off work tomorrow but lots of little errands to do.

@Laurie love the new do!
    @Karen congrats. on cutting out smoking.

Wishing everyone a good night

Liz
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

Yesterday was another day of certification exam prep, so didn’t make it to my parents for Easter dinner. When I talked to my mom she said she wanted me to study for this exam (it’s on Thursday), so I’ll see them this weekend instead.

Monday Check-in~I think I have finally emerged from the funk I’ve been in over my injury, I was able to do some running on the elliptical – I will find a way to run! :bigsmile: It didn’t seem to aggravate my Achilles too much – I just got into a zone and was able to keep with it for an hour, actually hitting AT a few times. My kind of workout!

@Laurie~Very cute, I love the new hair!
    @Erienne~Good luck with Insanity, I hear its insane! :laugh: As much as we want the weight to come off over night, its more sustainable to lose it slowly – we didn’t gain it overnight, so we just have to be patient. My cousin has lost 80+# with shakes, I think through Herbalife. Personally, like Karen I would rather eat my calories than drink them.
    @Karen~So proud of you for quitting smoking. I quit 15 years ago, cold turkey – before the days of the e-cig, I’ll say though I think it was easier to quit cold turkey than taper myself off. My BFF, and travel buddy, uses an e-cig – for her it’s an oral thing and not so much about the nicotine but it works well for her. Makes it possible for her to smoke on the cruises we take.
    @Kaye~Wow, that is a lot of people to feed. I’m so used to living alone that I think having that many people (especially kiddos) around might drive me crazy!
    @Susan~We’ve missed you, welcome back!
    @Robin~Enjoy golf, great exercise especially if you walk the links.

Welcome to the newlings!
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter!
    easterbw.jpg

@lauriek70- Looking good I like the new hair. Being from a family of redheads (yes mine was red when I was younger) I am so used to people with red hair I say go redder if you want and see if you like it.

@skinnyjeanzbound- Good for you going to the e-cig! I get derailed and go back on real cigs sometimes. My last derailment was painkillers for my back. I am going to try only e-cigs starting tomorrow.

@whitecapwendy- Go Griffins! Griffins_zps372d6f66.jpg

@ RobinsEgg- That’s good you are trying golf. I was really terrible when I tried it and quit. I was young and impatient so try to be patient and stick with it.

@grandmakaye44- Wow that is a big group at your house, hope it all goes well.

@susan2396- We have missed you too. Sounds like a good trip to So Cal.

@kah68- Best wishes with your certification exam!

I am off work today to go to the Doctors.

"Failure is not fatal; failing to change will be."
    ~John Wooden
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:

FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- PLEASE NOTE - soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages, or 500 posts - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom IN the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

(<Continued at this topic >) and the words “this topic” will be in blue.

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • suzee71
    suzee71 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am new to this site and am looking for help and motivation. I have been heavy all my life and really need to do something about it. I would like to start walking it just haven't. Done so yet. Any help, suggestions, websites and recipes would be appreciated.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Back at work today--just checking in to say "hi." :flowerforyou:
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,140 Member
    Options
    I just posted a picture of my new hair style. The color is hard to see but it is red so I am adjusting to it. My students will make the final call if I keep it this color or have it done a little darker. Let me know what you all think.

Laurie!!!!!!!! Your hair is totally totally gorgeous!!!! Wonderful........

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif