Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Finally at 10;14pm I can say I am finishing up my list of things to do today. Meeting, shopping, grocery store, cake baked and decorated, presentation finished, workout done and now my time to catch up with everyone. It was a very busy day but at least I accomplished my goals.

Doug-Welcome back

Karen or Kah- I believe one of you asked about the training routine my trainer has me on for the 5K. She is basing this on the fact that I am not at couch level.
    Warm up: Straight Leg swing while walking, Bent leg swing going up to 90 degrees (very tough- think high steps), calf raises, jumping jacks, walking, repeat for 8-10 minutes. The leg swings are harder to do while walking.

Running drills while walking/jogging around the track: bouncing (moving off the ground, slight jumping, mimics the movement of the foot while running)
    ankling (think of running in place but taking baby steps) the goal is to teach your ankles to move faster while you are moving slower,
    High Steps- moving your legs up and down to as close to 90 degrees as possible, while going slow.
    After doing each of these for a quarter of a lap, walk as briskly as possible to finish the lap
    Repeat
    Walking very briskly until I can't walk any faster without running, then start jogging no faster than a very fast walk. Then I just keep doing laps until I can't do anymore.

This is to be done at least 2x's a week in addition to my other activities.
    That is the initial workout, I am sure it will get harder as time goes by. Monday night I jogged about a half mile, today I almost did a mile without mixing in a walk. Total with the drill it was close to 3 miles by the time I was finished.

Have a day tomorrow.

I am also suppose to mix in the other core portions of my routine.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @laurie--(it was me who asked) that sounds like a great training routine--you'll have to let me know how you like it.

@laurie & mommylamb--we also did curriculum writing this school year, same situation as lamb--had to plan for subs which is always more work than teaching. :angry: Laurie, we are fortunate that my boss lets us use the time to just work, but our institute days (for professional development) are always a waste of time with some presenter talking at us rather than letting us work, so I feel your pain. :grumble:

@kris--love the shelves--they look awesome! :drinker:

@robin--thanks for re-posting that woman's advice! :flowerforyou: Oh, and I got almost nowhere with the table. I started working on it and then got sidetracked looking for my passport. Found the passport, but will need to get back to the table tomorrow.

@cath--as a Chicagoan, I know the lure of deep dish pizza--and the exorbitant calorie count! :noway: Just work it off with exercise--even if you are still over at the end of the day, you can do a little extra movement over the next couple of days to make up for it. :flowerforyou:

@tracy--ugh--waking up like that is the WORST! It would throw me off for the day as well. Hopefully your phone will cooperate in the future.

@mommylamb--resistance bands are really cheap, but even if you don't have one, could you still do the DVD moves with out it? During the camping, I would follow tracy's advice and do some hiking. Did you check to see if the hotel has a fitness center? Even some of the most economical chains have small workout rooms with a couple of treadmills/ellipticals and a weight set, so it's worth checking.

@doug--so great to see you back!! Trust me, you will breeze through the 1st few weeks of c25k--your body doesn't "forget" how to run that quickly. And even with the weight gain, your runner's muscles are still there twitching in anticipation. Sign up for a 5k 6 or 8 weeks out to motivate yourself to get running. :drinker:

@tom--congrats to your griffin's on winning that calder cup!! :drinker: And, oh my--another nail-biter tonight, but the Hawks pulled it out in the end. :drinker: :drinker:

@kelley--I try to sleep on my side, but I'm only comfy if my back is against something. It's why I am so comfy on a couch or with my bed up against a wall--that way, I can sleep in a semi-supine position. Unfortunately, our bedroom won't fit all of our furniture if the bed is against the wall. :ohwell:

@lin--nice to see you again too!! :flowerforyou:

@lisa--welcome!!:flowerforyou:

@tina--love the new pic! And yes, we both need to just push through with 30DS. I have 1 more day at level 1--just watched the level 2 video today and it looks challenging. :noway:

AFM--Well, I finished cleaning and organizing my kitchen cabinets. The spices were especially in need of consolidation--my DH tends to buy a new container of whatever spice he needs without really checking to see if we already have it.:ohwell: I also packed up a bunch of coffee mugs to take to Good Will--since we never drink coffee at home, it's silly to have so many mugs cluttering up the cabinets. I saved a few for company or that rare occasion when I drink hot tea or cocoa.

Also, went to the gym for the last time for at least a month. My membership expires tomorrow and rather than renew, I'm doing a free 30-day trial at another gym. I will probably go for my orientation there on Friday. I did 30 DS day 9 after the gym, but I will take tomorrow off--I hadn't realized I did it 4 days in a row until I saw it on my schedule below.

Exercise Goals:
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + run NOT DONE + 30 DS NOT DONE
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + 30 DS DONE + run DONE
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE + 30 DS DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + 30 DS DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE +30DS DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner + run
    Fri--walk gunner + 30 DS
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hello All. I am far from new to MFP but life and my excuses have gotten in the way and I have gained back almost half of the 120 lbs I had lost in the first year I was on here.

I am trying to figure/remember what I did way back then (it has been a year and a half since I was at my highest weight loss) and I think one of the biggest things is I need the support of those that are looking to lose big numbers like me.

that's helpful to me too. so even when i wasn't actively working on weight loss i kept coming here. welcome!
    Hello everyone! My name's Doug and I'm finally coming back and hopefully staying for a while this time. I lost 55+ lbs last year and gained all but 15 lbs since September. Can't believe I let myself get as heavy as I was then lose so much then let myself get so heavy yet again. It's almost like I like being ^&*(ing fat or something. I guess I need to start from scratch.

Hope everyone is having a good day
    Doug

heya doug! great to see you
  • CathEsh
    CathEsh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    @MowMow ~ Does your cat jump up on the shelf and knock the decorations off? Just curious.
  • CathEsh
    CathEsh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I think I really want to get a FitBit. For those of you that have one, is it really worth the investment? I was thinking it would be worth getting the one that tracks sleeping. I have Periodic Leg Movement Disorder (PLMD) and wake up a lot at night, so it would help me determine how much sleep I'm getting. I take medicine for it, and I do sleep better with the meds. My husband has sleep apnea and sleeps with a CPAP machine. I agree with Magori (?) that a sleep study is well worth the time if you are concerned about your sleep habits. Before my husband got his machine, he would fall asleep at his desk at work. He can sleep sitting up in a chair without his machine, but in bed he needs the machine. I had a sleep study done when I was tired ALL THE TIME, and that's when I found out I had PLMD.
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome back!
    Well today is day 2 of committing to losing weight. So far I have been under my calorie goal and have had a gallon of water for my first day. Gonna try for around the same today as well then off to work outs this weekend and next week.

OH! forgot to mention. There's a "Biggest Loser" thing going on at work. My job wants the participants to pay to participate but I've decided to do this myself and compete against the members of my team who are participating in the contest. Personally prizes are nice but being healthy is a bigger prize. Hopefully this will help motivate everyone(including myself) to start and continue to lose weight.

TTYL!
    Doug
  • Sherrielsb
    Sherrielsb Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth- I am glad there are so many others in the same boat as me, sort of the Prodigal son returning. My tail set firmly between my legs because I have slacked off, taken a nose dive with my logging. left onederland and can't seem to gain re-entrance.

I am really good at logging my exercise and breakfast but after that it seems a rare occasion I can get my dinner logged in. I see some new faces, so real quick Hi I'm Sherrie. I had lost nearly 30 pounds and gained about 1/2 of it back and have been stuck within a 5 pound range for about 2 months.

I'm glad to be back :flowerforyou:
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Oh my Gosh! Your name can't be Sherrie because I do the same EXACT thing. Glad to see a fellow Prodigal MFPer coming back to the fold as well. WE CAN DO THIS!!!
    Doug

Thursday truth- I am glad there are so many others in the same boat as me, sort of the Prodigal son returning. My tail set firmly between my legs because I have slacked off, taken a nose dive with my logging. left onederland and can't seem to gain re-entrance.

I am really good at logging my exercise and breakfast but after that it seems a rare occasion I can get my dinner logged in. I see some new faces, so real quick Hi I'm Sherrie. I had lost nearly 30 pounds and gained about 1/2 of it back and have been stuck within a 5 pound range for about 2 months.

I'm glad to be back :flowerforyou:
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning and Happy Almost Friday!

@Laurie~That sounds like a great training program, a lot of agility exercises to gear up the muscles for running. Keep us posted on how it’s going.

@Doug~We had a similar contest at work a few years ago. It was started because our administrator had gained 50# since starting his job here. The docs that own us were doubling his annual bonus if he lost 50# and he passed that onto us, paying each of the participants $10 for every pound they lost in a 4-month period. The “biggest loser” got double the pay. If he did it, he got double is bonus, It was a great incentive for a lot of employees to get started on a healthier lifestyle, money is always a great motivator. I did participate but instead of going down the unhealthy road like so many employees were doing, I took the healthier approach – losing 20#. Sadly almost everyone has put that weight back on - including our administrator. However, I’ve continued to lose. Good luck with your challenge!

@Cath~I have a Fitbit One and love it, I do think it’s worth the investment for those that like to try and get in 10,000 steps a day – it also tracks miles traveled, steps climbed, and total calories expended for the day. The sleep function is definitely an added bonus. I like the One over the new Flex – the Flex doesn’t have a display to monitor your activity. I agree that a sleep study is an excellent investment if you have sleep issues, I’ve had a couple done – it’s how I found out I didn’t spend enough time in deep sleep so I wasn’t getting restful sleep. Meds help with that a lot.

@Kris~Shelves look great! Do the boys leave it alone? Zoe would be all over that and those pots would be on the floor, she is definitely a curious kitty.

@Tina~Planks are plain evil – how happy was I last night when my trainer couldn’t find a Bosu ball for me to do planks on! :laugh: Of course, then he just punished me with ab work. Planks do get easier, I remember when I started I couldn’t hold for more than 15 seconds, now I can go 45-60 seconds depending on the style.

@Kaye~We’re thinking of you, hope you are recovering comfortably.

Thursday Truth~Probably pushed too far with my trainer yesterday. :cry: We’ve been avoiding v-squat machine b/c of my back, which was feeling really good, so we did 3 sets on it last night – back hurts and I can’t stand up very straight this morning. I know it isn’t from the weight, but the position it puts my back in – so guess that is a lesson learned. Need to avoid that machine for a while longer.

Exercise Goals:
    Sunday~Training DONE!
    Monday~Rest Day
    Tuesday~Sleepy Day LOL
    Wednesday~Training DONE!
    Thursday~Gym, elliptical or arc trainer
    Friday~No gym, having work done at house so will catch up on housework
    Saturday~Gym, may swim

Have a good day!
  • yogini2013
    yogini2013 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @kelley--ooh, that stinks about your back--at least now you know to avoid that machine for a bit longer. I agree about planks--they are one of those exercises I got a lot better at very quickly.

@sherrie--great to see you back again! :flowerforyou: From your profile pic it looks like you are still running--any big races coming up?

Thursday Truth:
    I'm already sick of cleaning my house and I still have so much to do! The kitchen is in better order now, but I haven't even started on the office. Based on the time I spent in there looking for my passport yesterday, it's going to take a LOT of work to get it organized. :ohwell:

I tried a new recipe yesterday and it was delicious! My DH makes a fairly high calorie shrimp/broccoli with pasta dish. It's very heavy on olive oil and heavy on the stomach as well. I found a similar dish, but made with spinach instead of broccoli and with some lemon juice to lighten up the oil. It was a nice lighter version for summer and DH loved it as well. :happy:

Need to walk gunner, but may skip the run today--my legs are feeling wonky and could probably use a proper rest day.

Exercise Goals:
    Thurs--walk gunner + run
    Fri--walk gunner + 30 DS
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Doug and Sherrie - glad to see you both back. Its hard to admit a weight gain, I've been there too.....<sigh>...... but this is a life style change......I have learned a lot of things this time around. Some of them are: to eat a bigger breakfast with more protein in it - it really helps me and holds me through the day. That one small serving of very rich chocolate is very much better than lots of crummy cheap candy. I can hold off my anticipation and have a few pieces of specialty chocolate with warm milk at the end of the day and its a special reward. That one serving of pop (soda) is VERY sweet and tantilizing to my taste buds and I had better limit myself to one every few days or I will restart my habit. That consistency in everything is important - in logging, in eating, in everything! That you have to keep searching to find the exercise habit you like and challenges you to do frequently.

My exercise of choice lately has been doing squats - no I am not a whiz at them and no I am not doing them consistently, but I am going to start noting them here.
    Sunday - squats 32.
    Weds - squats 64.
  • caramel1920
    caramel1920 Posts: 271
    Options
    Thursday Truth

I have been eating my feelings lately, especially last night! I have got to get it together, now I'm tired and all I want to do is nothing! Hi my name is Tasha, and I eat my feelings!:embarassed:
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Lisa- Welcome! This is a great group. I myself had lost close to 60lbs and gained all by 24lbs of it back. I am at the point of rededicating myself and working on losing again.
    I agree trying to remember what I was doing when I was losing is kind of challenging, I just keep going to the days of logging when I think I was losing. And just doing my best to exercise and make the best choices. You can add me if you want! I am always up to support and be supported!!

Doug!—Welcome back! I know how you feel. I was like I said to Lisa, almost 60lbs gone and now I am at 24lbs gone. It’s frustrating. But we just need to get back in this and keep on going!

Kah68—I’m not really worried about my weight and measurements at this time. I have no idea if I have lost inches or not. I did weigh today and haven’t lost but haven’t gained. I am more focused on just FEELING better. Still haven’t really been feeling better but it will come!
    --I wish I had a trainer! I just don’t have the time or money to get to the gym, mainly time lol. Yeah planks ugh I am working on it though!

Mommylamb07—If you can pack your laptop and think that you will do it, then go for it! If not, then do the best you can with cardio: walking, hiking, swimming. You will figure out what works for you while you are out of town! Have fun 

Tlh0407—I hate when that happens—well the other day I actually turned my alarm clock off in my sleep…I remember hitting snooze ( I usually hit it once or twice ) and I guess I turned it off instead…had to get my workout in later in the day. But it does mess up your whole day! And thank you for the compliment  It takes many pictures to get the right one, and half the time I just feel horrible. So that made my day really  Lately I have not been caring, not fixing hair, no make-up, t-shirts and like workout pants. But sometimes I try and when I do I feel better but in the mornings with working out I just don’t have the time. Lol I will figure it out sooner or later. What is Aqua Power?

MyM0wM0w-your place is looking great!

CathEsh—isn’t it surprising the calories in something’s that you had NO idea how much they were!? Sometimes it is just worth it though. Just not often  Good for you for getting out and getting that in after that!

Robin—that advice is very helpful and makes complete sense!

Skinny—yeah when I watched the video I was like wow…and doing it is even worse, but I am trying each day to push through the moves best I can, I still have to stop during some of them but I usually only take a 5sec break at a time as she suggests. We got this!!! And thanks for the compliment about my pic 
    Yesterday, my husband and I cleaned the house, not like super cleaned but he actually offered to clean so I jumped on it lol That recipe sounds delicious!

Thursday Truth—I have been doing the best I can with logging, my weekends haven’t been the best. I have been trying to make the best decisions. Still working in the logging aspect of it.

I tried a new recipe myself, it is a little version of a like coffee smoothie lol
    2 tsp instant coffee granules
    4 tsp powdered coffee creamer ( I used creamy chocolate)
    ½ cup skim milk
    ice
    =100 calories and it was really good! Not as good as starbucks lol but it was good.

30DS L2 D3 is complete! 7 more to go! Counting down the days until level 3 starts! Whew this level is a killer on the arms/shoulders…I have like no upper body strength. So maybe this will help lol

As I said I haven’t weighed (well I weighed and haven’t gained or lost) and I haven’t taken measurements and I’m really ok with that. Once I start feeling better I will start taking measurements and weighing. I don’t want to focus on the numbers though just how I feel for now. I got to obsessed with the scale and when I hit the plateau for so long I think that hurt me and maybe is a reason I gained some back.

Have a terrific Thursday!

Tina
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth - this week's eating is just terrible. I've been under maintenance but my choices are just terrible. Sweets, take out, and WAY to many carbs. The activity I've been doing this week has been my only saving grace I think.... Cleaning out the last of the junk around the place today/tomorrow and will go grocery shopping for propper food Saturday after I sit down and come up with a menu for the next week.

Thanks for the kudos on the shelves.

To those who asked, no the cats won't knock the stuff down. Six months ago that wouldn't have been true because of Book but he's really starting to mature now and is less like a bull in a china shop. The shelves are really too high for them to enjoy. The can't see the sidewalk below that well and that's what they like about the window (which is why I wanted to clear the sill for them). THey investiaged last night and moved on to other things, exactly as I hoped for.

Now I just hope the shelves are still on the walls when I get home :P
  • suzee71
    suzee71 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Well I have been MIA for awhile. I have been logging just not posting. It has been really crazy. Had to try and get the house to where people could stay for my son's high school graduation. Got almost all of it done but the so called electrician wired my new oven wrong and it blew the boards. That is how this whole remodel has gone. Now all we have to do is find someone to repaint the cabinets and do the floor. Graduation was good we managed alright. I have had to do some traveling for work and I have started back to school. Hope I can keep up with everything. I am not known for my organizational skills. Oh well. I haven't gained anything through all this but haven't lost either. Guess I will add in some exercise to my schedule.

Hope everyone is doing well.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Suzee - glad to see you back here and glad to know you've continued logging. You're sons graduation must have been a really big to-do with lots of family there. Nice to know the kitchen remodel didn't get in the way. Sorry to hear the oven wiring went wrong. Someday - someday in the far, far distant future, I would like to attempt that in my small, windowless, galley style kitchen - with its formica countertops and cracked linoleum floors. I can dream in the meantime. Someone mentioned Pinterest earlier. I am a big Pinterest fan and have tons of kitchen pics filed away for the future.

What a busy schedule you have with traveling AND school! Kudos to you adding in exercise!
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth -- I have no self control whatsoever this week when junk food is around!!!

Monday - Aqua Fit == DONE & 30DS == DONE
    Tuesday - 30DS = DONE, Gym & Weights == NOT DONE
    Wednesday - Aqua Power = DONE & 30DS == DONE
    Thursday - 30DS & Zumba (not happening tonight in light of my to do list that HAS to get done) I will get 30DS in though!
    Friday - 30DS
    Saturday - rest
    Sunday - 30DS

@ Cath - Mmmm Old Chicago. There were several restaurants that we had in Sioux Falls that are not here in Bismarck :sad: -- probably a good thing. I don't have one, but my sister loves her FitBit.

@Kris - good job on the shelves -- looks good. I've been having a hard time with eating crappy food too. When I cleaned out the fridge and freezer, I made sure nothing "bad" was in there. I will also be gone all but 2 days for the rest of June. I'm going to put my family on assignment to have it all gone by the time I get back on the 30th. Whether that is in their stomachs, trash or hidden, I don't care. I know I should have more self control, but right now it's gone so I'm going to have only good foods surrounding me until I get back on track.

@Laurie - makes me tired just reading about it! :noway:

@Karen - my phone has been freezing up on me lately while I'm trying to do things -- this was the first time it froze while just charging. :grumble: I am on track for an upgrade in August so, just another 6 weeks til I get a new one. Glad to hear you are okay with parting with things...that's my biggest struggle when I clean something out. Not sure how she recommends to clean an office, but I've found it helpful to do one or two drawers, then stop. Do the surface, then stop. Do one filing cabinet, then stop. Overwhelming at times eh?:flowerforyou:

@Doug -- Day one -- DONE -- Day 2 -- doing it now. Baby steps is the way to go. One foot in front of the other. That's all we can do.

@Kelly -- sorry you took a step back in your back recovery. Like others have said, now you know what not to do.:smile:

@Caramel -- lots of us eat our feelings so you are not alone. Just trying to learn to recognize it and what we can do in place of it is the challenge. Hang in there! :heart:

@Tina -- Aqua Fit and Aqua Power are two water aerobics classes I take at the local Y. I took a water aerobics class in college (at that local Y) and it was terrible -- definitely made just to keep joints moving for older women. However, these classes are tough and I burn between 300-450 per class on average depending on which movements we do and how engaged I am. It includes fins, resistance bands, barbells, innertubes etc. Each class is something different. We had a substitute instructor last night and she put us through the ringer!!! It was wonderful. :love: :love: :love:

@Suzee -- sounds like you've had a lot on your plate. Glad graduation went well.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I think I really want to get a FitBit. For those of you that have one, is it really worth the investment? I was thinking it would be worth getting the one that tracks sleeping. I have Periodic Leg Movement Disorder (PLMD) and wake up a lot at night, so it would help me determine how much sleep I'm getting. I take medicine for it, and I do sleep better with the meds. My husband has sleep apnea and sleeps with a CPAP machine. I agree with Magori (?) that a sleep study is well worth the time if you are concerned about your sleep habits. Before my husband got his machine, he would fall asleep at his desk at work. He can sleep sitting up in a chair without his machine, but in bed he needs the machine. I had a sleep study done when I was tired ALL THE TIME, and that's when I found out I had PLMD.

my husband and i can't even sleep in the same bed anymore haha. i have apnea and insomnia and restless leg syndrome. and my husband has...nothing. it takes him five minutes, tops, to fall asleep. and then he sleeps like a log all night. until i got my CPAP machine we actually slept in separate rooms. but now we just have two beds next to each other like we're in an episode of I Love Lucy. :laugh:

welcome back!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @toots--my DH and I rarely sleep in the same bed at the same time mainly due to our sleep schedules. He goes to bed early and snores pretty loudly. I'm a raging insomniac and can't fall asleep while he's snoring (although once I'm asleep I'm hard to awaken). Also, b/c of my insomnia, I toss and turn until I'm out which awakens my DH who is a very light sleeper. Finally, I MUST have the TV on to fall asleep, but if I turn it on in the bedroom it will wake him up. We are just a hot mess! :laugh: The result is that he goes to bed in our bedromm and I tend to fall asleep on the couch; then, when he gets up for work in the morning I transfer to the bed. On the rare occassion that I go to bed first, we can sleep in the same bed.

@tracy--she really didn't have any great advice about cleaning the office other than a clip system for her bills (which I don't need b/c I already have a good system). I agree that I need to tackle it one step at a time. The 1st thing I need to do is shred all of the bills from 2009 (I keep 3 years worth), and pull all of the 2012 bills from the files. That will make room for the pile of 2013 bills sitting in a basket waiting for a home. Once I do that, it's really just a matter of clearing surfaces--namely the top of the file cabinet and the table. I also need to have a serious discussion with the DH about the turkey deep fryer that's still sitting in the sealed box (4 years after my sister gave it to him for x-mas). I really don't think we need to keep it--at the very least, if he wants to hang onto it, he'll need to move it to the shed.

@robin--our kitchen remodel was the single most rewarding project we've completed in our house. It's not super-fancy (peel and stick floors, formica countertops, mid-grade cabinets and appliances), but we re-arranged the layout for more counter space, and I don't know how we ever lived with it the other way.

@suzee--welcome back! glad your son's graduation went well. :flowerforyou:

@kris and tracy--clearing out the junk food cetainly helps me. In fact, when I was at the grocery the other day Doritos were buy 2 get 2 free, and I said no effing way! Instead I bought a couple of boxes of triscuit thins--they have cheese flavored ones that do the trick to alleviate my salt craving without the "bliss" factor that makes Doritos so dangerous.

@tina--Yes, sometimes I need a break--especailly with those compound moves! So I try to keep doing the squats and just rest my arms for a few seconds. The recipe was super easy--I'm going to post it here in case anyone wants to try it.

12 oz. peeled deveined shrimp
    8 oz of linguine or fettuccine
    6 cups of raw baby spinach
    3-4 cloves of garlic thinly sliced (I substitued Workd Spice minced garlic)
    2 tbls of olive oil
    1 lemon
    1/2 tsp of italian seasonong
    salt/pepper to taste
    fresh dill to taste (I actually used dried dill seed and it worked fine)

1. Cook pasta to al dente
    2. While pasta is boiling finely grate about a teaspoon of lemon peel, then juice the lemon--you will need 2 tbls of the juice.
    3. Heat oil in a large skillet and cook garlic for about 2 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook for 3-4 minutes turning until it's opaque. Add the drained pasta and raw spinach and continue to cook until spinach starts to wilt. (I actually transfered this all back into the large pasta pot and it worked better).
    4. Add lemon juice and peel, italian seasoning, salt/pepper, and dill.

This makes 4 servings at less than 400 calories/serving.

Exercise Goals:
    Thurs--walk gunner DONE + run SKIPPING THIS
    Fri--walk gunner + 30 DS