Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    But NSV::: My mom brought me in some brownies (complete with powdered sugar) She brought 5 in for my husband/daughter and I to share. I haven't had one. And my dad even ate one before he left. 1 down 4 to go. I might try a bite of my daughters since my Mom did make them. But I don't know if I will even do that! I've been having to stare at them all day and honestly I haven't really been that tempted. So YAY me!

that is a victory. i've still never had that happen :laugh:
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    @TRH - Fiber? I find that if I keep my fiber in the high 20s to low 30s it really helps that....issue.
  • Gloworm46
    Gloworm46 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My Wednesday wish is that I will get to visit Greece in the next few years! That's not a wish as much as a goal! Hope everyone is having a great and healthy day!
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Tina - I'm thinking you'd do well with something like Metamucil, if you haven't tried it already. Gentle, and regular if taken regularly. I've been taking it for years. Highly recommend. It takes several days before you start getting results and start getting regulated but I guarantee no embarassing moments.

Thanks everyone for all the good wishes - it makes me feel so warm and fuzzy! :blushing:
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Robin:::: Good luck with the surgery! We will miss you! Here's to a speedy and healthy recovery!!!

Wednesday Wish::: My wish is the (TMI) I could just go to the bathroom on a regular basis. I used to go everyday almost at the same time. Now I go days without going. It's been since SUNDAY! Im feeling miserable and looking at the scale is miserable too. But I can't take anything until the weekend because I have a phobia of going (#2) in public places, even at work or at anyone else's house. It has to be my house.

But NSV::: My mom brought me in some brownies (complete with powdered sugar) She brought 5 in for my husband/daughter and I to share. I haven't had one. And my dad even ate one before he left. 1 down 4 to go. I might try a bite of my daughters since my Mom did make them. But I don't know if I will even do that! I've been having to stare at them all day and honestly I haven't really been that tempted. So YAY me!

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
    Tina:flowerforyou:

Tina~I sort of have that issue too - hate using public restrooms, so I'm always in search of the "one person" restrooms at work. Luckily I work in a hospital so they are easy enough to locate. I have anywhere from 20-30g of fiber per day, plus I take probiotics daily, and drink a ton of water - I would say I have a date with my bathroom every morning like clockwork. :laugh: Your diet could be lacking something - sometimes the gut needs some good bacteria, such as probiotics, to keep traffic moving.
  • lmackbethl
    Options
    My Wednesday wish is for good health for all humans and animals! Short of this, I wish for speedy recovery from surgery, irregularity, and heartache.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish::: My wish is the (TMI) I could just go to the bathroom on a regular basis. I used to go everyday almost at the same time. Now I go days without going. It's been since SUNDAY! Im feeling miserable and looking at the scale is miserable too. But I can't take anything until the weekend because I have a phobia of going (#2) in public places, even at work or at anyone else's house. It has to be my house.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
    Tina:flowerforyou:

Tina - It's no secret that a lot of people have to be at home to do their "duty". I wanted to tell you m ore about Metamucil. I do think you should give it a try. They make a sugar-free Orange flavored variety - which is the best flavor. I find it best to take after a meal or snack, any time of day, just not right after taking medication. Try starting out with 1 Tb. in 8 oz water, followed by another (at least) 4 oz. water. once a day for a week. If you're still not "going" well enough, increase to twice a day. That should get you regular as a clock.
    Hope that helps.

Laurie: my prayers are with you tomorrow. Lotsa hugs too. :heart: :cry:
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Check in I am not doing well at all this weekend. My cat is not improving so today he went back to the vets. After having 2 teeth pulled, we were told that he has Cancer of the eye. The vet was not sure if it had spread to the brain. We will be putting him down this week. He won't eat even through he really wants to. We have tried everything we can think of regarding food- yogurt, milk, tuna and tuna juice. We even tried forcing down his throat but he is having trouble swallowing. Besides wanting to eat and can't all he wants is to be petted and loved. He is loved a lot and has brought great joy to my life. This is going to be a very long week. Most likely we will put him down on Thursday. I wish he would just pass quietly in the night without any pain. :cry:

it is so difficult to have to make that decision for a beloved pet. Cuddle him lots and know that you have given him a great life
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    wed wish- that Robin's surgery goes well and she is comfortable afterwards
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Wed Wish:
    My wish is also that robin has a smooth surgery and speedy recovery.

Not doing personals tonight b/c I want to get some grading done. Congrats to those with NSV's and hugs to those of you who need a little support today. :flowerforyou:

My exercise plan this week:
    Sat = gym + walk dog--DONE!!
    Sun = walk dog + mow lawn/pull weeds--DONE!!
    Mon = walk dog + some sort of core work--DONE!!
    Tues = long run outside w/ dog or gym + walk dog (weather dependent)--did long walk w/dog + core work instead
    Wed = gym + walk dog--did long run outside w/dog instead
    Thurs = core work (it's Open House at school so not sure if I will even get to this)
    Fri = walk dog
    Sat = gym + walk dog
    Sun = gym + walk dog

Grading goals:
    1. 18/58 creative writing stories
    2. 22/22 vocab quizzes
    3. x/58 motif analyses
    4. x/58 censorship article responses
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: I can remember how to respond to quotes. I hit the Quote button, but my comments roll right under the quote. What am I doing wrong?

Also, when folks reply to 10 different people, how do you remember or keep track? I would love to respond, but trying to remember everyone's comments, names, etc. . . has been tough. I'm not multitasking well on this thread, but love the support and everyone's willingness to share their ups and downs. It's great!!!
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: I can remember how to respond to quotes. I hit the Quote button, but my comments roll right under the quote. What am I doing wrong?

Also, when folks reply to 10 different people, how do you remember or keep track? I would love to respond, but trying to remember everyone's comments, names, etc. . . has been tough. I'm not multitasking well on this thread, but love the support and everyone's willingness to share their ups and downs. It's great!!!

Susan~Not sure what could be going on when you quote people - make sure the word "quote" in brackets appears just before and immediately following the quote and it should work. Honestly, I can't remember everyone either, but I usually keep Word open and try to do my responses that way.

One more wish for Robin to have an easy surgery and recovery. We'll keep an eye on things - we should roll over this weekend and I'll do my best to keep up with it and make sure our opening appears.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for your support regarding my cat. This is very hard but it is the right thing to do.

Robin- Good luck with your surgery wishing you a speedy recovery.

My wish remains the same as yesterday that my cat passes quietly during the night.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options

Hit enter to move your cursor to a new line below the 2nd word quote in brackets. Make sure your response comes AFTER the last bracket. If you respond in between the bracketed "quote"s, your post will end up inside the blue box.

Also, I just right click the "reply" button and choose "open in new tab"--then I flip back and forth between screens to respond.
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options

Hit enter to move your cursor to a new line below the 2nd word quote in brackets. Make sure your response comes AFTER the last bracket. If you respond in between the bracketed "quote"s, your post will end up inside the blue box.

Also, I just right click the "reply" button and choose "open in new tab"--then I flip back and forth between screens to respond.

ok I must admit Susan-- I have problems with this too for I am not very computer savy. I am going to experment with it to get this figure out. Or I will ask my teen to show me.:wink:

liz
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

@Robin --Wishing you well with your surgery. You will be miss!
    @skinny -- have fun on your trip.
    @naceto- I have never down Yoga but have always been interested. I look forward to hearing about it.
    @Laurie,- sorry to hear about your cat
    @Christine-- glad you are getting some pleasant weather in KC. I like your wish!

Wednesday wish: to make it to 250lbs by Christmas.

Liz
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Robin - I will be praying for you and your doctors. Let us know ASAP. I have been super busy. The nature of photography, either you are starved for business or starved for time. Very happy that the evenings are getting cooler. I sleep so much better when it is cool at night. I wish you all good health and happiness.:flowerforyou: for you Robin
  • nicholsvj
    nicholsvj Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hey Susan - I typically just jot notes on the copious amt of scrap paper on my table. Person's name and a 1-2 word reminder. It's typically how I roll at work too.

Had a decent day today. Trying to rest. Still exhausted from working hard and getting over being sick. Can't remember if I updated y'all or not. My doc treated me for walking pneumonia - could have been that or just bad bronchitis. Either way....I've been taking the elevator at work this week and resting/sitting more. OH and I'm paranoid being on antibiotics so I have been drinking a good 3 Liters of water a day...and peeing every 4 minutes b/c of it! Hoping to get back to health so my day off on Tuesday I can go for a bike ride! Need to take it easy though for another couple weeks. Not a set back. Just a reminder to take better care of myself.

I used the pharmacy at the hospital for my antibiotics, and when I dropped the script off, the pharmacist said something that hit me hard. She said, "Don't forget to come back for these. You need to take care of yourself first doc." As much as I know this, it's so hard to remember. Others always come first in my line of work...and my current state of weight shows for it.

OH and in other news...not sure if any of you saw this yet or not, but there is a new article out this week in the European Heart Journal about "Healthy Obesity." Haven't read the article yet (will print it at the hospital tomorrow) and I will fill you all in when I do, but basically the punchline I read seemed to indicate weight/BMI isn't as important as exercise and eating right as long as you don't have any metabolic disorders. Like I said, that's all I know but sounds like a fascinating article to pick apart!

Nichols out :)
  • tekavincent
    tekavincent Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Wish: I didn't have to get up at 5:30 every morning.
  • lmackbethl
    Options
    Thursday truth: I work overnights, mostly alone, and think I might be going a little bit crazy (perhaps more than a little bit, sigh). Also, I log my calories from midnight to midnight, and tonight, I could hardly wait for the clock to strike 12, so I could eat again! Ridiculous.